PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats Destroy the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

It's been years since last time I was there. I think it was $9 plus $1 tip for beers. The mixed drinks were a little bit more, like $14 or something. Expensive but I've been to clubs in South Beach back when I lived in South Florida that was way more expensive.
A $1 tip for a beer?!? You cheap bastid!

Jet's S-U-C-K. Their defense was Charmin Soft.

That said, it's always good to beat the teams you are supposed to beat.

Mac Jones looked really good today. It felt like he was trusted more in this game, in particular on the 4th and short play he was allowed to go for it and he converted.

Bolden and Damien Harris both looked brilliant. Our tight ends got involved. Playing the Jets was just what the doctor ordered.

Now let's try to win 2 games in a row.

PS Zach Wilson had an OOF performance. I'm really enjoying the fact that our QB was picked behind 4 other 1st round QBs and he's likely going to turn out the best of them this year. The Jones 4 - Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields. The most significant break for us was San Francisco passing on Mac Jones. He was the perfect fit for their system, but they passed and he slipped all the way to 15! Highway Robbery!!

Jet's S-U-C-K. Their defense was Charmin Soft.

That said, it's always good to beat the teams you are supposed to beat.

Mac Jones looked really good today. It felt like he was trusted more in this game, in particular on the 4th and short play he was allowed to go for it and he converted.

Bolden and Damien Harris both looked brilliant. Our tight ends got involved. Playing the Jets was just what the doctor ordered.

Now let's try to win 2 games in a row.

PS Zach Wilson had an OOF performance. I'm really enjoying the fact that our QB was picked behind 4 other 1st round QBs and he's likely going to turn out the best of them this year. The Jones 4 - Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields. The most significant break for us was San Francisco passing on Mac Jones. He was the perfect fit for their system, but they passed and he slipped all the way to 15! Highway Robbery!!

wilson play against inferior competition, ditto for Lance. Anyone who drafts an Ohio St QB deserves the hell loop that comes with that.

my only question about Jones was what would he look like without all that Alabama Talent.

as it looks now Jones and Barmore are the steals of the first and second round

The Patriots are now tied for 9th in the AFC, along with the Colts, Chiefs, and Broncos.

The Patriots are now tied for 9th in the AFC, along with the Colts, Chiefs, and Broncos.
They beat all of those teams for 9th when considering tie breakers, though, at least for the time being.

I think he is just an elite OL who is capable of playing either guard or tackle at a high level.

I would put Brown at LT and Wynn at LG when Brown is back.
BWAMO has such a nice ring to it! :haha:

a couple of post game thoughts

I only caught the 2nd half of the game, so I won't do an "Idle thoughts" tonight..... ButI DO have a few.

1. What I liked most about what I saw in Mack Jones today was how he moved in the pocket and his escapeability . He showed that he too is a good athlete as well as an accurate passer. I believe that we will see that even more in the future as he becomes more acclimated the more experienced he becomes

2. The defense didn't look that great. Not bad, but just not crisp. The Jets moved the ball pretty well in the 2nd half. No 3 and outs like you would hope with a back up QB.

3. I wonder how Jet fans felt watching this game knowing that they seemed to move the ball better with White as their QB.

4. Watching Justin Field against TB, vs watching Mac vs Tampa Bay,. I couldn't help but feel we dodged a bullet when Mac fell to us. He looked completely clueless. Who knows what he might become in a few years, but right now he isn't an NFL QB.

5. JJ Williams did a good job today. He had 3 pass break ups. Lets see if he gets more run. He might have to.
6. Don't look now but we have the same record as the Chiefs

7. CJ Mosley was hurt today, but HE's the guy I'd like to see as our MLB nest season. IIRC he's a FA and has the sideline to sideline speed we need. He also covers RB's better than anyone we currently have, Just a thought.

8. Brian Hoyer had a better QB rating than Mac Jones....and Kendrick Bournes' passing ratting was over 40 point higher than either of them. ;)

9. Matt Judon had a quite game today with only one tackle and zero QB hits. However that's better than Josh Uche managed. He continues to be my biggest disappointment on defense thus far. The kid is amazingly athletic and fast, but it seems he just doesn't have the size or strength to be a consistent source of pressures on the edge.

10. With his one catch from Hoyer, NKeal Harry showed how he could be used in the future. BTW- he had beaten his man on is double move, but he also showed what he can do when he is covered when he had to come back to the ball. Maybe that catch was a start.....

10. With his one catch from Hoyer, NKeal Harry showed how he could be used in the future. BTW- he had beaten his man on is double move, but he also showed what he can do when he is covered when he had to come back to the ball. Maybe that catch was a start.....
LOL, you keep falling into that N'Keal Harry Trap. He shows you one good play and remains invisible for the other 24 snaps he's on the fields.

It's such a predictable trap.

Come on now, admit it PFK, you've become just like Charlie Brown, Lucy, and the football!!

61R5h06AFlL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Great game for me as a fan. I know it was the Jers. The Pats we're powerful. Mac Jones was terrific. The OL improved. The running game was terrific. The defense was good. The receivers stepped up. For me it was a NE Patriots game.

Onto the LA Chargers, they are 4-2.

Go Pats

Was disappointed that Sirius XM wouldn't carry the radio version of the game, but ESPN*'s GameTracker TM apprised me of the onslaught!

Uche is fast but he cant shed blocks... He gets held most of the time engulfed by the tackle

Was disappointed that Sirius XM wouldn't carry the radio version of the game, but ESPN*'s GameTracker TM apprised me of the onslaught!
Do you have the SiriusXM app? All games are available, I believe, online with them.

heard a stat during the game yesterday - when talking about the Jets 1st quarter scoring woes, it sounded like they had allowed an average of 5 pts/1st Q to opponents so far this year.....pats scored 14, with 3 more coming :50 into the 2nd - fast start was key to setting this one up, and the jets really didn't allow a ton of fast starts (and have played an ok schedule, not great but ok)

So enjoyable. I hope Wilson's okay but, let's be honest, being injured is much better for his long-term health and career than playing for the Jets.

Onwenu continues to play like an all-pro at RT. Karras with another pretty good game at LG. More importantly:

Wynn 0 sacks 0 hits 0 pressures 1 penalty

His first respectable performance of the seaaon. Hopefully he’s turned a corner because they’ve figured out the OL otherwise.

Onwenu continues to play like an all-pro at RT. Karras with another pretty good game at LG. More importantly:

Wynn 0 sacks 0 hits 0 pressures 1 penalty

His first respectable performance of the seaaon. Hopefully he’s turned a corner because they’ve figured out the OL otherwise.

thought he had one pressure?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back