PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Colts beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

6-1 is still an awesome road record to have with a rookie QB. The only other teams with 6 road wins this year have Brady and Rodgers as their QBs.

Shows that you're a tough team when you can win on the road.

I know the Clots did too, but these guys had Two ****ing Weeks to prepare, and this is the ****ing best they could ****ing do?!?

TWO.

****ING.

WEEKS.

#FireCamAss-ford

Good point second caption:

Why would line up your defense like that for a 3rd and 1? I think there was some stupidity on both sides on this one.

I would guess it would be a different look if the Pats weren't in shotgun formation.
Shifting is allowed. I don't know if Mac has the authority to realign the O, but he ought have that ability, by now.

Shifting is allowed. I don't know if Mac has the authority to realign the O, but he ought have that ability, by now.
Yeah not sure either. If he doesn't or if he's following some kind of limited script hopefully he will be given more of that authority soon.

Yeah not sure either. If he doesn't or if he's following some kind of limited script hopefully he will be given more of that authority soon.
Based on what I can see from my couch, Mac is empowered to call/shift the protection and depending on the look, can flip the play sent in by Josh.

Can he audible out of a pass/run? That I do not know.

"Sendejo lead with his head multiple times - incredibly dangerous to him and the opponent"
mf should be suspended without pay, ****ing headhunter, where is Goodell and his NYFL clowns now about the player safety, **** this mf

Yep, that little “One other Clots note” thingy should’ve been an ENTIRE ****ing paragraph long about that ****ing scumbag Sendejo… C’mon Reiss!

The D sold out to try to stop any run play for a loss, with 11 men up, since even a 1st down ends the game. That situation lends itself vulnerable to a long run. Can't really get too upset. It's like complaining about an INT on a Hail Mary. It goes with the choice of play, as a unusually high probability outcome.

???

The defense failed. I pointed it out. You jumped in to white knight. How does that translate to anyone but you complaining?

"Sendejo lead with his head multiple times - incredibly dangerous to him and the opponent"
mf should be suspended without pay, ****ing headhunter, where is Goodell and his NYFL clowns now about the player safety, **** this mf
I was shocked he was still in the league. He's a terrible S. In the Sorensen category.

That felt like an early season loss. Oh well, let's see how we play against Buffalo

I was shocked he was still in the league. He's a terrible S. In the Sorensen category.
Y’know, I have to say that I don’t think the play with Harry was PI. Sendejo had as much of a right to that ball as Harry, and they got their hands on it at the same time. However, since Sendejo was coming at 1000 mph from behind, he’s solely responsible for the helmet-to-helmet contact. I don’t think it makes a difference that he was going for the ball rather that the hit - shoulda been a PF…

The “this was their super bowl” phenomenon only makes sense when it’s a crappy team that then losses their next 8 games. The Colts are actually good.

Why does that only work when it's a lousy team?

A good team can't get up for a big game, and scheme things up unique to that game, that they may have otherwise not done? A good team can't have a uniquely great performance because they're emotionally charged up and especially want to win?

The Colts hadn't beaten us in 11 years; they really wanted that one Saturday night.

None of that is to say that the Patriots played well, but the Colts had a different energy on Saturday night and I'm not sure they'd be able to get that perfect storm in a rematch.

Y’know, I have to say that I don’t think the play with Harry was PI. Sendejo had as much of a right to that ball as Harry, and they got their hands on it at the same time. However, since Sendejo was coming at 1000 mph from behind, he’s solely responsible for the helmet-to-helmet contact. I don’t think it makes a difference that he was going for the ball rather that the hit - shoulda been a PF…

Sendejo has every right to the ball, but he doesn't have the right to go through the offensive player to get to the ball (if the ball has yet to be touched). DPI or PF, either/both would've been appropriate IMO.

It was close, but he was early. You can't go through someone. Should've been a PI. Harry is the Rodney Dangerfield with the refs.

He hit the receiver before the ball arrived. Textbook pass interference. Having the right to the ball does not mean you can hit the receiver. Ever.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back