PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Colts beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Not counting the end of half faux-drive, the defense gave up 2 scores (10 points) on 3 first half drives. In the second half, it surrendered the game killing 67 yard TD run. It did not play well enough to win, and that's reflected on the scoreboard.
I think they weren't bad. They held the colts to 270 yards overall, 2 td's and 2/10 on 3rd down (although obviously 3/3 on 4th down). They also held the colts to a field goal after the interception. I think if they do limit the opposition to similar numbers most of the time they win that game.

I think they weren't bad. They held the colts to 270 yards overall, 2 td's and 2/10 on 3rd down (although obviously 3/3 on 4th down). They also held the colts to a field goal after the interception. I think if they do limit the opposition to similar numbers most of the time they win that game.
Wentz sucks and the D had one job. Taylor still rushed for 170 yards. The 67 yarder counts. D also surrendered all 3 fourth and 1’s. They will have to play better Sunday.

I dont expect any help today from the other AFC teams...

Just have to take care of business when the Bills come into Foxboro ! :oops:

If the Pats win out, the lowest they will be is the #2 seed. That is what the Pats should focus on. The good news is the last three weeks, the Chiefs are playing teams playing for their playoff lives (Steelers, Bengals, and Broncos with the last two being away games). So there is a chance that one or even two of them steal a game away from KC.

Wentz sucks and the D had one job. Taylor still rushed for 170 yards. The 67 yarder counts. D also surrendered all 3 fourth and 1’s. They will have to play better Sunday.
Wentz doesn't suck. He is a decent qb. Not great but he is playing well this year. He played badly in this game but he isn't ****. And the D only gave yp two td's and gave up 270 yds. That wins most games. We lost this game because of the ST touchdown. 2 interceptions and 80+ yards of penalties pretty much all of which were at key times. Fix most of that and i fancy our chances

Wentz doesn't suck. He is a decent qb. Not great but he is playing well this year. He played badly in this game but he isn't ****. And the D only gave yp two td's and gave up 270 yds. That wins most games. We lost this game because of the ST touchdown. 2 interceptions and 80+ yards of penalties pretty much all of which were at key times. Fix most of that and i fancy our chances
Yes if the offense and STs don’t make any mistakes and we don’t commit any penalties then allowing a couple TDs and a couple FGs (they count too) can win and the D wouldn’t have to bring its “A” game. The D is the strength of this team and the margin for error is small.

Last edited:
The team's record under Belichick is slightly worse coming off of a bye than playing a normal game. Surprised me.

Statistically the same. All one could say is that the bye does not make a significant difference.

Correct, the d is simply being asked to do too much. They weren’t great yesterday but hung tough and gave us a chance. The last drive too they were in a tough spot, knowing one first down and the game is over. Its almost like giving the opponent the ball on your 10 yard line, It really limits what youre able to do. If the offense can even muster 7 points in the first 3 quarters this game is probably a win with how our d settled in half 2 before the mistake at the end.

Hearing some of the names of Colts players last night got me thinking how this team seems to continue the long tradition dating back to Dungy’s days of finding guys with horrendous names.

Gems such as:

Mo Allie-Cox
Rock Ya-Sin
Myheim Hines
Zach Pascal
Kawity Paye
Jack Doyle
Keke Coutee

Statistically the same. All one could say is that the bye does not make a significant difference.
Kind of the point.

If you asked most people 'Hey if you give the GOAT Coach an extra week to prepare do you think the team will win more of those games than games without the extra week' I suspect most of us would go "Of course."

4th and 1 (twice). They did not do a QB sneak...
Yup, drove me insane.

You keep that play in your pocket sometimes because you don't want to go to the well too often? Great - I get it.

Last night was exactly one of those games where you want to use it.

On the silver lining side of things, N'Keal Harry sets a new career high with 52 yards on 2 receptions in that last game. Although he did it with a 40% catch rate, catching 2 of 5 targets. Somebody get his bust ready for Canton!

Btw, I can’t believe that abomination of a hit on Harry was not a 15 yard penalty. Looked like something out of 1983 and it was a black eye to the officiating tonight.

Harry’s big reception was a big time play for him tonight. Hopefully he can build off of that and increase his success as a blocker to the receiving side of the game.
I just hope that he's not in the concussion protocol for any length of time. Same with Agholor..

Let’s get a rematch in Gillette.
Let's not. I want the game to make no difference for the Colts. I want them bounced by others making it over them..

Horrible saturday, after the blocked punt, i downed some helpers like whisky and went to bed

Didnt count guys. Next sunday we are on again

This is flying under the radar.

Everyone talks about how difficult it is winning with a rookie QB, but how about winning with a rookie QB who has no binkie on the roster?

Mac is trying with Hunter Henry. Henry is a great piece, but he's not an every 3rd down answer. Brandon Bolden is not it either.

Meanwhile Mac throws the deep sideline pass as well as I've seen. How many have been caught this year and how many dropped?
The deep sideline passes should be going to Bourne or Agholor. Not Meyers. I'm not sure what's happened to Jakobi, but he seems to have regressed.. He's got 3 drops this season. There have been more than a few times where he's cut his route short and not gotten the 1st down. With Bourne, Agholor and Henry on the field, things should be BETTER for Meyers in terms of getting open. Not worse.

This is flying under the radar.

Everyone talks about how difficult it is winning with a rookie QB, but how about winning with a rookie QB who has no binkie on the roster?

Mac is trying with Hunter Henry. Henry is a great piece, but he's not an every 3rd down answer. Brandon Bolden is not it either.

Meanwhile Mac throws the deep sideline pass as well as I've seen. How many have been caught this year and how many dropped?
Correct, the d is simply being asked to do too much. They weren’t great yesterday but hung tough and gave us a chance. The last drive too they were in a tough spot, knowing one first down and the game is over. Its almost like giving the opponent the ball on your 10 yard line, It really limits what youre able to do. If the offense can even muster 7 points in the first 3 quarters this game is probably a win with how our d settled in half 2 before the mistake at the end.
Problem is these games are not played in a vacuum, and just like the Buffalo game the score dictated the way the Colts were able to be so aggressive in the first half

If a qb decision that is bad continues to happen repeatedly, it very well can be a coaches blame, the coach is who is supposed to bring attention to and fix negative player patterns…

How many interceptions has Jones thrown in that same situation this year?

Context:

The defense only had to defend 3 drives in the first half, and surrendered 10 points.
The Colts missed a FG on one of their drives in the 2nd half and, on another, Wentz gifted them a pick on a brain lock toss that wasn't about the defense.
When the team needed a stop, the defense gave up a 67 yard TD run.

We called out the Bills defense. It's medicine taking time for the Patriots defense.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back