PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryant and Bledsoe defending that play: not exactly formidable.

The Pats are protecting Mac and not allowing him to throw.

bad tackle by Jack Jones there on the long completion....
Yeah, i posted that jones needs to wrap up ,not just put a shoulder into the reciever

We recover onside kick and the game is over...just please no Bryant on the field for it
I'm laughing nervously with you not at you.

If the Jets recover this fire Achord, put Judge on special teams on the plane home

I see Bryant on the field, don't like that at all

It's sad I actually have a bad feeling about this kick

I'm sure it'll be fine, but jeez

Of course. Mylse F'in Bryant in Coverage. *SMH* JFK, Bill. The guy SUCKS!

Wilson still passes for 350+ on this D

On side kick coming

Link to those posts?
Okay let me show them:
Mac Jones is a much smarter QB than Josh Allen though. Mac can improve his arm strength. Allen can't get smarter.
You just watched the GOAT beat out Bledsoe (a guy with superior physical tools) for the starting job and outclass every QB in the league for two decades (many of whom had better physical tools) on his way to dominating the league through sheer will, competitiveness and work ethic. But somehow in your mind, Mac will never be better than or as good as a guy who's won nothing. Yet here you are to lecture everyone on what makes a good QB. Right after ignoring what happened here for 20 years.
Wow.
We do not know whether Jones will be a franchise QB, but to say he won't be one is short sighted. Look at Joe Burrow. He is very similar to Jones down to people questioned his arm strength last year. And now now he is in the Super Bowl.

Yes, Jones has some limiting physical characteristics. He will never have Josh Allen's cannon arm. But he can develop his arm strength to make people not question his ability to throw the ball down the field like Burrow answered those questions this year with a much improved arm in his second year.

Jones cannot do anything about his height. But that is the only physical characteristic that cannot improve.

But Jones has a lot of the intagibles that few QBs have. He throws with anticipation and into tight windows. He reads the field better than most rookies do. He can go throw his progressions quickly and has a quick release. Those things you have or you don't. You can hone those skills, but if you don't have them you are likely going to have a short career. I think Zach Wilson may be in that category. A monster arm who wants to hit a homerun on every play.
Maybe a better comparison would be year one Josh Allen to year one Mac Jones. Lets see. Allen threw for just over 2000 yds. Mac threw for just over 3800. Mac threw for 22 TD's, Allen had 10. Alllen had 12 picks, Mac had 13. Mac Had a 67% completion percentage, Alllen had a 52%

Now after his FOURTH year Allen has blossomed into an elite QB. THAT's the guy you want to compare a rookie to. Not fair on any level. But by ANY measure Mac has had a MUCH more successful rookie year than Josh Allen had. Lets see where he is in 3 more years and THEN compare.
Mac Jones' first year is very comparable statistically to Josh Allen's second year. Allen's breakout year was year 3. By an amazing coincidence, that was the year Buffalo brought in a true #1 WR in Stefon Diggs.

I have no doubt Jones can rise to that level with real talent to throw to. What scares me in NE's ability to get that talent.
Jones is a better athlete than he gets credit for. He’s not Russell Wilson but he’s close to Aaron Rodgers in terms of mobility.

That's some

That's not getting into the Mac -> Brady comparisons

Beautiful Peppers!!!

That’s game. Good job special teams.

WIN! 4-4 baby

Never has a team looked more 4-4 than this team after 8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill