PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

To you it’s not. I think it is but we’ll see soon enough.

It's not about what it is to me, though. It's about them only being #19 in offensive points last year, and y'all talking as if the DC is now going to be calling the offensive plays, and calling them for some ragtag collection of guys who didn't even play college football. But it's a team that's going to have Michael Thomas, and Jarvis Landry, and a 1st round WR draftee from Ohio State, and its starting QB back instead of Trevor Sieman.

With Winston (2021): 5-2
With Taysom Hill (2021): 4-1
With Trevor Siemian (2021): 0-4
With Ian Book (2021): 0-1

They were 9-3 with Winston/Hill starting, yet y'all are acting as if they were a 2 win team.

Saints aren’t a legit threat vs Tampa come on man
I think they are. Until Tampa can figure out how to beat them they will always be a threat specially if Jameis plays well

I think they are. Until Tampa can figure out how to beat them they will always be a threat specially if Jameis plays well
The Bucs won the division by 5 games last year. The Pats lost a lot to Miami but we never predicted them to win the division.

The Bucs won the division by 5 games last year. The Pats lost a lot to Miami but we never predicted them to win the division.

To date, Todd Bowles has been a failure as a head coach (26-41). Why doesn't that count?

To date, Todd Bowles has been a failure as a head coach (26-41). Why doesn't that count?
Because of Brady. When you have the greatest quarterback of all time and the other team has Winston (coming off of ACL surgery) and lost its Hall of Fame head coach on top it’s a pretty high bar for the Saints to contend for the division.

No competition

Because of Brady. When you have the greatest quarterback of all time and the other team has Winston (coming off of ACL surgery) and lost its Hall of Fame head coach on top it’s a pretty high bar for the Saints to contend for the division.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Brady is not the head coach.

Last edited:
That makes absolutely no sense at all. Brady is not the head coach.
It’s not just the HC. It’s the Qb too. The reason many of us feel the Bucs will cruise to the division is Brady especially compared to Winston.

It’s not just the HC. It’s the Qb too. The reason many of us feel the Bucs will cruise to the division is Brady especially compared to Winston.

You need to stop shifting the goalposts. The HC situation is a wash. It's two failed HCs getting another chance.

And Brady being the QB hasn't made the difference in the last 4 regular season matchups between the two teams. And that includes a loss to Jameis Winston, and a loss to Taysom Hill, last year.

You need to stop shifting the goalposts. The HC situation is a wash. It's two failed HCs getting another chance.

And Brady being the QB hasn't made the difference in the last 4 regular season matchups between the two teams. And that includes a loss to Jameis Winston, and a loss to Taysom Hill, last year.
I already agreed about head to head. I just don’t see the Saints winning the division at all. That’s my last post. Thanks again for all the info you provide to this thread.

Saints are no threat to win the division. They are a massive threat to screw with the Bucs final seeding. If the Bucs drop two games against them AGAIN I see no path to the 1 seed.

Saints are no threat to win the division. They are a massive threat to screw with the Bucs final seeding. If the Bucs drop two games against them AGAIN I see no path to the 1 seed.

None of you are making any sense with that claim.

The Bucs are a superior team unless you believe that Brady has finally hit the cliff.

The Bucs are a superior team unless you believe that Brady has finally hit the cliff.

• The Bucs lost their 3rd WR weapon.
  • The Bucs have Godwin coming off an ACL injury, and no guarantee that he'll start the season, or be himself when he does return.
  • The Bucs lost 2 starters from the OL.
  • The Bucs don't currently have Gronk.
  • The Bucs don't currently have Suh or JPP.
  • The Bucs don't have Whitehead.

In short, the Bucs have taken steps backwards, while the Saints have taken steps forward. The idea that there's no chance that the Saints will be a threat is just crazy talk.

• The Bucs lost their 3rd WR weapon.
  • The Bucs have Godwin coming off an ACL injury, and no guarantee that he'll start the season, or be himself when he does return.
  • The Bucs lost 2 starters from the OL.
  • The Bucs don't currently have Gronk.
  • The Bucs don't currently have Suh or JPP.
  • The Bucs don't have Whitehead.

In short, the Bucs have taken steps backwards, while the Saints have taken steps forward. The idea that there's no chance that the Saints will be a threat is just crazy talk.
You didn't include any of the moves they made to address those holes - Signed Gage, traded for Mason, signed Logan Ryan. Gronk may still sign as well as Suh/JPP. Also the draft too addressed some of these holes.

Also the Saints have Winston coming off an ACL too.

Last edited:
With Winston (2021): 5-2
With Taysom Hill (2021): 4-1
With Trevor Siemian (2021): 0-4
With Ian Book (2021): 0-1

They were 9-3 with Winston/Hill starting, yet y'all are acting as if they were a 2 win team.

You didn't include any of the moves they made to address those holes - Signed Gage, traded for Mason, signed Logan Ryan. Gronk may still sign as well as Suh/JPP. Also the draft too addressed some of these holes.

Also the Saints have Winston coming off an ACL too.
Everyone is piling on Gronk to come back for one more rodeo including his girlfriend. Does he really want to enter the HOF with Roethlisberger or with Brady?

Bucs are stupid if they don't bring back Suh for around 5mil. If Suh wants 10mil then I can understand not taking him back.

Last year was a huge step back due to all the injuries and the AB sit show, plus all their draft picks were useless. The injury has been a trend on Brady teams every odd year going back 10 years. So hopefully that trend continues and they have a healthy team in this even year.

I almost am tempted to believe NO are a serious threat but then Winston.

Last edited:
I'm much more confident this years draft picks will contribute.

Last years draft were pretty much all useless. JTS was OK but nothing special. If this year he can be anywhere close to an aging 2020 JPP, that would be huge.
Trask, Hainsey, and Darden can't even beat out the expensive veterans in front of them to save the team money.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back