PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

They'd have to win both games against the Bucs to be a threat. I doubt they do it this time. No Payton and Brees, and I think Thomas and Landry best before date had passed.
I agree. I think they still probably beat the Bucs at least once but they won't be a threat for the division.

We have a very different take on that Saints team.

• They've beaten the **** out of the Brady Bucs in every regular season game.
  • They're going from 0 legit Wrs to 2 legit WRs and a potential legit rookie WR.
  • They've redone their safety position, and upgraded it.
  • They're getting back their starting QB, who was 5-2 for them last year, prior to injury.

When you add in the likelihood that the Bucs' OL is likely to be weaker, due to the loss of Marpet, which means that the Saints are probably going to have the big edge of their DL pressuring Brady again, I'm just not seeing anything that you're seeing here.
You have a lot of confidence in their HC I assume?

The saints team looks loaded except for QB. They can win the division if the bucs O doesn't go 30 per on average. The saints can win putting up low 20s because of defense.

Per Greg Auman of TheAthletic.com, the Bucs are signing J.J. Howland to their 90-man roster.

Howland starred at Yale, where he was a first-team All-Ivy honoree in 2021 after recording 16 catches for 238 yards with a pair of touchdowns. His season highlight was a 74-yard score against Holy Cross in his first game of the season.

Buccaneers signing J.J. Howland - ProFootballTalk

You have a lot of confidence in their HC I assume?

I have a lot of confidence in their overall talent, and especially in their ability to beat the Bucs' offensive line.

Also, while the Bucs 2 "random" games are Packers and Chiefs, the Saints get the Vikings and Raiders. Huge edge there for the Saints. Saints/Packers/Chiefs is a brutal 3 game stretch for the Bucs.

I have a lot of confidence in their overall talent, and especially in their ability to beat the Bucs' offensive line.

Also, while the Bucs 2 "random" games are Packers and Chiefs, the Saints get the Vikings and Raiders. Huge edge there for the Saints. Saints/Packers/Chiefs is a brutal 3 game stretch for the Bucs.
The Bucs including Brady have played at their worst in their 4 regular season games against the Saints.

I'm just going by the toss of the coin and can't believe that especially Brady will have a dud of an effort 6 times in a row(playoff excluded). That's why I think the Bucs will win at least 1 irregardless of the talent on the Saints.

If you are saying they will beat the Bucs, sure I can go with that as they match up extremely well but they beat the Bucs twice last year and still lost the division by 5 games. Are you saying that you expect the Saints to win the division?

The Bucs including Brady have played at their worst in their 4 regular season games against the Saints.

I'm just going by the toss of the coin and can't believe that especially Brady will have a dud of an effort 6 times in a row(playoff excluded). That's why I think the Bucs will win at least 1 irregardless of the talent on the Saints.

The Bucs have lost because of a combination of things (new team for Brady at first, injuries to the receivers, etc...). But the one factor that has played all throughout has been the ability of the Saints to break down the Bucs' offensive line.

If you are saying they will beat the Bucs, sure I can go with that as they match up extremely well but they beat the Bucs twice last year and still lost the division by 5 games. Are you saying that you expect the Saints to win the division?

I'm saying that the Saints are a legitimate threat for both the playoffs and the division title, right now, on paper. The Bucs are not as good as they were last year, the Saints are better than they were last year, and the Bucs have the harder schedule.

I'm saying that the Saints are a legitimate threat for both the playoffs and the division title, right now, on paper. The Bucs are not as good as they were last year, the Saints are better than they were last year, and the Bucs have the harder schedule.
Ok. I disagree. I think Brady alone and the talent of the Bucs even if diminished from last year allows them to cruise to the division and a top seed (1 or 2). I don't see Winston holding up and the subtraction of Payton will matter. But we'll see. I won't deny the talent of the team and I could see them as a potential wild card if Winston does hold up and they are not ravaged by injuries like they were last year.

Even if all of that were true, I just can't see Brady allowing the Division to be taken by Jaboo. No way in hell he lets that happen.

Even if all of that were true, I just can't see Brady allowing the Division to be taken by Jaboo. No way in hell he lets that happen.

All of it is true.
New Orleans beat the Brady Bucs for the division title the year before last.

Y'all are being far too dismissive of the Saints.

The Bucs have lost because of a combination of things (new team for Brady at first, injuries to the receivers, etc...). But the one factor that has played all throughout has been the ability of the Saints to break down the Bucs' offensive line.
In addition to those factors, which I highly agree with, Marcus Lattimore.

He matches up perfectly with Mike Evans and shuts him down with single help which allows the Saints to easily double Godwin.

All of it is true.
New Orleans beat the Brady Bucs for the division title the year before last.

Y'all are being far too dismissive of the Saints.
That was with Payton and Brees and the Covid year where there was no offseason for Brady to gel with his new team.

That was with Payton and Brees and the Covid year where there was no offseason for Brady to gel with his new team.

So, sure, if you take away all the games where the Saints beat the Brady Bucs, then the Saints haven't beaten the Brady Bucs.

So, sure, if you take away all the games where the Saints beat the Brady Bucs, then the Saints haven't beaten the Brady Bucs.
No one is denying The saints have the Bucs number head to head. What we are arguing is that the Saints will beat them out for the division without Payton and Bridgewater as their QB.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back