PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Also JG is the QB of the future that BB always wanted and the stars are aligning towards it.

If JAG was the QB for this year's Patriots team, behind that OL and with all that's happened to date, he'd have been knocked out for the season a long time ago. Do you really think BB's going to go after a glass QB if he has other options? Maybe he will, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Did you see SB 54? He folded in the fourth quarter. I don't see Jimmy G winning a Super Bowl.

I hear what you're saying, but Peyton Manning was a choking dog for a long time before he got his first ring.

Did you see SB 54? He folded in the fourth quarter. I don't see Jimmy G winning a Super Bowl.
Jimmy Garoppolo is a textbook game manager. His average stats in his playoff victories is 11-18 for 128 yards with a total of 1 TD against 3 INT's.

If you need Garoppolo to pass to win the game, good luck with that.

I hear what you're saying, but Peyton Manning was a choking dog for a long time before he got his first ring.
Peyton Manning is an all-time elite quarterback despite his postseason ineptness. His SB numbers are really bad. In 2015 he had become the worst quarterback in the history of the league to win a Super Bowl... 56.6 passer rating in the SB and a 67.9 passer rating in the regular season. He also sucked in the other postseason his team won the Super Bowl... 3 TDs, 7 INTs and a 70.5 passer rating. So he wasn't exactly not a choking dog even when he won. Somehow Brady threw for 500 yards and still lost a Super Bowl once. In fact he had 6 TDs and only 1 INT with 350 Y/G in his three SB losses.

Back to Garoppolo, he's obviously not all-time elite, and he's been a really bad postseason quarterback despite a 4-2 record. He lost that Super Bowl for the 49ers in 2019.

What a disgrace losing to that ridiculous team. I think literally everyone sucked for the Bucs in that game. Allowed a 126.5 passer rating to P.J. Walker who has only one other game above 82.3. And 3 points from the offense. Good thing the division is rubbish this season. Even with Atlanta overachieving at 5-6... and with a win vs the 49ers. That's going to be a big test for the Bucs offense in week 14.

But yeah, Sam Darnold is going to get wrecked by that Broncos defense.

Brady back on the Pats next year would be a very very bad case of “you can’t go home again.” I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Belichick's ego would never allow it.

I'm sure Brady would actually love to return to save the team, that is a fantastic storyline/final goodbye.

Your trolling aside, wishing for a SF SB win which would tie them w/ Pats at 6 is odd. Might as well go all the way and say TFB would be irked by a Giants SB win w/ D Jones at QB, or any other team/QB winning it because he only has 7 rings and gets pissed when anyone else wins it. Lol
Anyone with any sense of the history of the NFL would of course want SF to win a SB instead the Succaneers.

Anyone with any sense of the history of the NFL would of course want SF to win a SB instead the Succaneers.
Tom Brady on the Bucs throws a monkey wrench in that sentiment if the history of the best player ever in the NFL is a consideration. The Buccaneers just happen to be an outlier team mucking up the works. Without Brady, yeah go SF so long as they're not playing the Pats.

If JAG was the QB for this year's Patriots team, behind that OL and with all that's happened to date, he'd have been knocked out for the season a long time ago. Do you really think BB's going to go after a glass QB if he has other options? Maybe he will, but I won't believe it until I see it.
The OL can be fixed for next year.

Most of JG's injuries is because he didn't protect himself and sometimes tried to play rb. If he sticks to just playing QB and gives up on plays to live another day instead of taking a big hit, I think he'll be alright. You'd think he'd have learned self-preservation from backing up Brady for 3 years.

There's lots of moving parts but if Mac continues to underwhelm, JG continues to play good, and the Pats defense continues to be elite, it isn't far fetch that he comes bsck as the Pats might only be a QB and an elite receiver away from being a SB contender next year. It's a higher chance than Brady imo. Just recall, BB only traded JG because Kraft forced him to stick with Brady.

Last edited:
I appreciate how Jimmy helped hold serve for a few games for us but I can't root for him over Tom
Oh I can, I can appreciate all that TFB did for us in the past. Down here in VA, I even hung up his jerseys in my windows when he finally rode off into the sunset. But it's over now. Nothing he does for Tampa is a New England accomplishment, so it's six of one, half dozen of the other for me. A million times more important that Marcus Jones ran back a kick for a single TD than any heroic campaign a TB quarterback undertakes.

And for JG to take a step up and get that home-town (for Brady too) 49ers ring... I just like there being that one worm that turned another way. These epic storylines are always just lying around with Brady, b/c he's the GOAT. Freely conceded. But now I don't have to root for him. (And by the way I'd probably be psyched for him to get his next ring too.)

Why would you be happier that SF knocks out TB? Do you have some sort of allegiance with SF? Seems weird, but maybe you're just butt hurt w/ the Goat's success w/o Bill.
What a weird thing to say.

The legit "Ha Ha" would be the Eagles beating Brady again, and then at least making it to the SB.
Yeah but I hate the Iggles because they beat the Patriots that year.

Tom Brady on the Bucs throws a monkey wrench in that sentiment if the history of the best player ever in the NFL is a consideration. The Buccaneers just happen to be an outlier team mucking up the works. Without Brady, yeah go SF so long as they're not playing the Pats.
I hear you. Too bad Brady isn't playing for SF.

Big shrug. Nobody argued that the best player ever to put on cleats is less important than a coach. I never argued crap, actually, about Brady's departure -- their interests no longer aligned. Otherwise, I'd be a regular troll here. I don't follow Brady much anymore, because he doesn't play for my favorite team, the Patriots. I did like him while he was here. I get that TB fans are different from NE fans, and I guess it's nice for the Board to make room for ya. I don't think anybody's about to win an argument that there's a better QB than Brady to ever play the game, or a better HC than Belichick. But at the end of the day, as BB says, coaches don't make the plays, players do. That said, I like a coach in his late 60s or early 70s over a QB in his late 40s to be able to keep doing it. (But I've learned not to bet on Time in the Tom vs. Time question. I am convinced there is a portrait in his attic getting gray and wrinkly and Gisele wants to get it in the divorce.)
That's an actual honest take and I respect the position.

I agree with point 1, mostly agree with point 2 but I can see an argument for Bill Walsh.

Point 3 though I fully disagree.

No HC in the NFL or any other major professional sport has been successful in their 70s.

Greg Poppovich is possibly the greatest HC of all time in the NBA. He never had a losing season or missed the playoffs his entire career until he hit age 70. Since hitting 70 he has been under .500 and missed the playoffs every year.

70 is a real wall for coaching. You can't find any successful HC in a major professional sport at that age.

At least with professional athletes there is Randy Johnson pitching until 45 at a high level. While Randy Johnson didn't have to move in the pocket, the use of the arm of pitcher is at least equal to the stress of the arm of a QB.

Not saying Brady being this successful at 45 was a slam dunk, in fact it was fair to question if he could do it. Just like it's fair to question Bill at 70 and beyond

No HC in the NFL or any other major professional sport has been successful in their 70s.
Two in MLB: Jack Mckeon and Dusty Baker, but yeah none in the NFL...yet.

Pete is doing all right in Seattle so far. Same record as the Pats right now and in both cases better than it probably should be. We'll see how long that lasts.

But yeah for a coach to have his team at a high level as in Super Bowl contender after age 70 is just as unprecedented as what TB12 is doing now.

Pete is on all the good stuff to keep him unnaturally young and vibrant.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back