PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

That possibility has crossed my mind. And it's probably crossed JAG's mind, too.

The 49ers would never trade him to the Rams but if they release him he’ll probably bolt there. So they’re in a pickle.

The 49ers would never trade him to the Rams but if they release him he’ll probably bolt there. So they’re in a pickle.
Who ever thought Bill would trade Drew Bledsoe to Buffalo? Aside from that, he's not a good fit in McVay's offense who got rid of Goff because he couldn't push it down field.

Who ever thought Bill would trade Drew Bledsoe to Buffalo? Aside from that, he's not a good fit in McVay's offense who got rid of Goff because he couldn't push it down field.

The idea for the Rams isn’t to find a good QB, it’s one who can slot in to be representative so that an entire season isn’t completely wasted. That’s Jimmy.

Tom still has a heater

Too soon to know if he means this, but

Harold Goodwin said he's "very pleased" with Bucs center Robert Hainsey, stepping in for the injured Ryan Jensen. "I trust him," he said. "I feel good about him at that center spot."

It's not as clear as with the QBs, where it's almost always Brady-Gabbert-Trask-Griffin. Other backs will get work with the 1s -- I'd say Vaughn and Bernard have generally been ahead of White, but some of that is familiarity and yielding to veterans.

Goodwin on the wide-open battle for left guard: "At some point, I have to put my foot down and go ahead and pick a guy so we can build that communication with Donnie (Smith) and with Hainsey at the center spot."

Goodwin said he would like to pick a starter at left guard before the third preseason game -- that's Aug. 27, less than three weeks away. They've had Aaron Stinnie, Nick Leverett and Brandon Walton working there, plus rookie Luke Goedeke.

Goodwin calls Nick Leverett "a Swiss Army knife" because he can put him anywhere on the offensive line and trust him. Guard/center flexiblility makes him a safe bet to stick on the initial 53 as a top backup and he's still in the mix for the left guard job.

It would seem like Stuard is in good shape to stick as the Bucs’ fourth ILB. Was really productive on special teams last year, and that’s a special teams job. Two rookies challenging but would have to really shine in preseason games.

Another Brady-Otton connection, this time a downfield throw in single coverage. Rookie TE having a fine day.

Rookie TE @CadeOtton, who had no fewer than 3 TD catches today: "I had a lot of fun today. It's always fun making plays down the field. There are some things at the line of scrimmage you want to clean up...but I'm just having a ton of fun right now."

“There are not a lot of spots available, there are four guaranteed and a couple up for grabs between a lot of very good players, as well,” Miller said, referring to Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Russell Gage, and Julio Jones. “That’s something as a receiver and as a player you can’t really think about. You just have to go out there and grind and do the best you can and be your best self every day, just keep improving every day. That’s really my mindset, I try not to think about down the road and what’s going to happen. I just try to be the best player I can be, and I know it’s going to work out at some point.”

As he fights for a job in Tampa, Scotty Miller hopes to show he's more than a deep threat - ProFootballTalk

Bucs aren't practicing today, but a big week ahead -- practice Tuesday, joint practices with Dolphins in town Wednesday and Thursday, then preseason opener and lone preseason home game Saturday night vs. Miami.

I'm expecting more Trask than any other Bucs QB on Saturday vs. Miami. Brady isn't playing, and Gabbert should start, but they learn more by playing Trask than Gabbert before or Griffin after him. Important time for Trask this month.

I don’t think Leverett is out of the conversation, but it’s Hainsey’s job to lose. Leverett is in good position to stick on the 53 as the backup center and also competing at guard.

Can’t rule anything out. If Hainsey were to struggle in games, perhaps. It’s been 11 days since Jensen’s injury, and they’ve been pleased with Hainsey and how he’s stepped in so far.

Packers defense looks strong. I wouldn't write them off just yet

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back