PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Shower thought. If the Pats are a dumpster fire especially at o-line midway through the season and the Bucs are looking to shore up their center position well maybe a deal can be made for Andrews. Andrews is already resorting to inspirational speeches to rally the troops and its before the first preseason game.

Shower thought. If the Pats are a dumpster fire especially at o-line midway through the season and the Bucs are looking to shore up their center position well maybe a deal can be made for Andrews. Andrews is already resorting to inspirational speeches to rally the troops and its before the first preseason game.
That would be huge for the Bucs but give it little chance of happening.

Looks like Bucs receiver Breshad Perriman and outside linebacker JoJo Ozougwu are both still not practicing. More than a week out for both.

Brady goes off to the middle field by himself, stands near midfield and throws maybe eight deep passes to the end zone, where Mike Evans (not practicing today) stands and makes the catches.

Will Gholston, who’s 6-6 and 317 himself, says working next to Vita Vea and Akiem Hicks makes him feel like a skill-position player.

Vyncint Smith has had some nice catches -- he'll get plenty of looks in preseason, and can do a lot on special teams. He's just at the Bucs' deepest position, where multiple guys cut here will play for other NFL teams.

I think you'll see a combination of Edwards and Ryan at safety, with Winfield on the field every snap but splitting between safety (in base) and some nickel. They'll find ways to get Keanu Neal involved as well. More multiple looks and combinations in the secondary.

Tryon-Shoyinka will have a much larger role, starting and probably able to play more simply at OLB. Still some inside work in nickel. Says much of coaches' confidence in JTS that they haven't added a veteran OLB to help offset Pierre-Paul not being re-signed.

How far down would Perriman be on the depth chart anyway? 5 or 6?

Packers defense looks strong. I wouldn't write them off just yet
Having to only beat the Lions, Vkings and Bears, oh my! to make the playoffs, the Pack may not need a defense.

I'm kind of curious to see Rodgers without Adams.

How far down would Perriman be on the depth chart anyway? 5 or 6?
He hasn't been practicing due to an injury. I think he'll go to injury reserve. There's just too many young wrs that the Bucs don't want to cut.

He hasn't been practicing due to an injury. I think he'll go to injury reserve. There's just too many young wrs that the Bucs don't want to cut.

Well that’s my point he’s not exactly indispensable.

That would be huge for the Bucs but give it little chance of happening.
I rate Andrews below Jenson.

And Hainsey was a premium draft pick(3rd I think) who has had 1 year to learn. I think he has a high upside. I'd prefer him over Andrews.

Well that’s my point he’s not exactly indispensable.
Apparently he has 1 million guaranteed, so Bucs don't want to cut him as he could be useful in case of injury later in the year.

But yeah, he isn't really needed and at this point he's just cxck blocking a younger receiver from getting a spot.

I'd rather see the Bucs deal a WR or two to the Pats. Bucs have:

WR1 - Evans
WR1 - a soon to be healthy Godwin
WR1/2 - if he isn't washed up Julio. he's WR3 or 4 if he is.
WR 2/3 - could be best WR on Pats Gage
WR 5-7. 5 or 6 NFL caliber players fighting it out for 3 spots.

I want Evans to stay but think it would be cool if Pats traded for any one of Godwin/Julio/Gage plus one of the depth receivers.

I'd rather see the Bucs deal a WR or two to the Pats. Bucs have:

WR1 - Evans
WR1 - a soon to be healthy Godwin
WR1/2 - if he isn't washed up Julio. he's WR3 or 4 if he is.
WR 2/3 - could be best WR on Pats Gage
WR 5-7. 5 or 6 NFL caliber players fighting it out for 3 spots.

I want Evans to stay but think it would be cool if Pats traded for any one of Godwin/Julio/Gage plus one of the depth receivers.

Godwin/julio/gage aren’t available

They could be in 2023 if Brady retires and the Bucs don't have a replacement.

Who would they trade Godwin/Gage are both on good contracts especially Godwin it’s asinine to think he gets traded anytime soon

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back