PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Patriots Planet has a multiple page thread on it just ripping Brady left and right. It is so amusing how much rent he has in their heads. It is also interesting to me how much people say that loathe someone and then can't wait to start a thread on them to say how done they are with him over and over. LOL

Also, is anyone surprised the Fins or any other team was speaking with Brady in 2019? I mean Bill gave him a dummy 2 year contract, he asked not to be tagged, Kraft and Bill obliged. For the first time in 20 years he was set to become a FA. Are people that naïve to believe that no contact was made with Brady by teams prior to FA?

Also, the juxtaposition is stunning. This should be a day of making fun of the Fins non-stop but instead butt hurt Pats are ripping the greatest player in NFL history who helped the team with 6 chips. So sad.
LOL. It's seriously funny. This only benefits the Patriots because the Dolphins were stupid about their tampering. All teams do it, the Dolphins just got caught red handed and lose draft picks.

Why would I be mad, teams talk to players all the time. Get over it.

Meanwhile Julio Jones looks like a great addition for the Bucs. They got an all pro wide receiver on the cheap.

I'm worried about the Bucs OL but with the addition of Julio Jones, Brady is gonna have plenty of weapons even after AB left the building and Gronk retired.

That is why twitter is full of Kellerman's prediction from SIX years ago that he would fall off a cliff.

Even worse, Bill drafted Jimmy in 2014, 8 years ago.
Ironically, Jimmy is the one who looks like he’s about to fall off a cliff. He’s incapable of much more than a checkdown unless his man is wide open, and he wilts under pressure.

Last edited:
At this point Brady might want to just keep playing to outlive Belichick’s and maybe even Jimmy G’s careers.
I just can't see Brady going on if he gets his 8th SB.

On the other hand, if Tampa fails to win it and he still has it, he just may be peeved enough to play another year.

As for BB, he's starting to look really old. I can't see him going on past 2023.

Ironically, Jimmy is the one who looks like he’s about to fall off a cliff. He’s incapable of much more than a checkdown unless his man is wide open, and he wilts under pressure.
JG looked awesome in the 2.5 games he played for the Pats. I wonder if all the injuries has affected his throwing as he's too young to be falling off the cliff.
But yeah, it seems that his career as a starter is winding down.

JG looked awesome in the 2.5 games he played for the Pats. I wonder if all the injuries has affected his throwing as he's too young to be falling off the cliff.
A labrum injury is horrific for the longevity of his career. It's hard to believe but he is already 30 years old despite playing so little. I would like to see him sign on with a good team and have a successful second half of his career but that seems unlikely given his injury history.

It was 1.5 games actually.

This year will mark the ninth time in 22 career preseasons that Tom Brady doesn't play in a preseason opener. He was held out of his last four openers with Patriots 2016-19, but played briefly last year with the Bucs. He's played in just two of his last seven openers since 2014.

At this point Brady might want to just keep playing to outlive Belichick’s and maybe even Jimmy G’s careers.
Hey maybe he'll outlast Mac Jones's career!

Just kidding...I think? :D

He threw over 50 passes in the Rams playoff loss last year when he so very nearly pulled off the 27-3 comeback too.

They'll get over it once he retires.

They love Ty Law and he played with the Jets. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I'm used to player movement since I'm a soccer fan first and foremost.
I'll never get over losing Brady over nothing more than money. Bill and Bob made more off of him than they could have ever dreamed of making without him. And they rewarded him by offering him half of what he was worth at the time.

This whole Bill/Tom situation reminds me of the Red/Bill situation from a half century ago, only Red wasn't foolish enough to let Bill go. Red retired from coaching instead.

Yeah, talk about ripping out our hearts after the heartbreaking loss in 2007. The chance for redemption was taken away as was the chance to see peak Moss play with peak Brady.
That was also near the end for those great defenses we had. It was also a much easier schedule in 08 than 07. Awful timing.

As he should be! The lesson is that apparently Colts fans are smarter than Pats fans after all.
Whenever I think of Indy fans I can't help but think of the one that I encountered in my days as an AOLe. He showed up on the Pats board in 2002, foolishly thinking that the Pats and Brady were one hit wonders in 2001. He ended up staying through the 2004 season and took a beating. It was fun.

At the same time our oldest son was going to grad school at IU, and we used to talk about the weird encounters he had in those two years. At first other students would see his Wilfork jersey and start yelling sh!t at him, at least until he got a little closer and they could see how big he was. :)

The entire stadium booed Adam Vinatieri. Ray Allen is still treated like dirt after the Celtics tried to trade him MULTIPLE TIMES because they were trying to phase him out for, I believe, AVERY BRADLEY.
I can't blame players for taking the money. In AVs case he seemed to leave here a little bitter though.
I worked the range at a pro-am at TPC Boston for 10 years and Ray Allen was one of the nicest people to come through there. By nicest I mean he treated the fans with much respect. He also seemed more popular with many of the pro golfers.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back