PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

If by a miracle, Pats had made a comeback, they wouldn't have gone far.

They backed into the playoffs, there were no weapons, and the defense was still good but no longer playing elite.

They lost 5 games that year including the playoff game. The Titans game as mentioned. One was against the eventual Super Bowl champions and they should have won but the refs blew multiple horrendous calls. Another was to the #1 seed Ravens on the road and down only 24-20 going into the 4th quarter the best defense in the league gave up 13 points. Another was to the 10-6 Texans again on the road where Watson had a 140 QB rating again against the best defense in the league. And then in Miami in week 17 when Brady threw a TD pass to give the Pats a 4 points lead with 3:30 to go the best defense in the league let Ryan Fitzpatrick drive down the field and score a TD with 20 seconds left.

So....yeah.

Patriots Planet has a multiple page thread on it just ripping Brady left and right. It is so amusing how much rent he has in their heads. It is also interesting to me how much people say that loathe someone and then can't wait to start a thread on them to say how done they are with him over and over. LOL

Also, is anyone surprised the Fins or any other team was speaking with Brady in 2019? I mean Bill gave him a dummy 2 year contract, he asked not to be tagged, Kraft and Bill obliged. For the first time in 20 years he was set to become a FA. Are people that naïve to believe that no contact was made with Brady by teams prior to FA?

Also, the juxtaposition is stunning. This should be a day of making fun of the Fins non-stop but instead butt hurt Pats are ripping the greatest player in NFL history who helped the team with 6 chips. So sad.

Patriots Planet **** the bed a long time ago. And it's a shame, because it was great before the censorship changed everything there.

Florio whining again as usual. It never ends with this guy.

Absolutely no Bucs fan gives one single damn about this and I went and checked their fan Reddit page and as much Twitter stuff as I could find. From what I can tell he can literally set the pirate ship in the stadium ablaze as he bails and they’ll still say he is in their ring of honor or whatever they hell they have for their 2 or 3 good players ever.

Oh and something just came to mind. Peyton Manning. He was really complimentary of the Colts franchise in his retirement speech in 2016 and in his HoF speech in 2021. Between those dates and since he’s done nothing with the Colts and Indianapolis, he is a full time Bronco in basically everything he does. He so clearly resents absolutely everything to do with the Colts deciding to move on from him.

Bucs continue to work all combinations on the interior offensive line, so today it’s Nick Leverett at LG, Robert Hainsey at C, with Goedeke, Molchon, Stinnie on second line.

Oh and something just came to mind. Peyton Manning. He was really complimentary of the Colts franchise in his retirement speech in 2016 and in his HoF speech in 2021. Between those dates and since he’s done nothing with the Colts and Indianapolis, he is a full time Bronco in basically everything he does. He so clearly resents absolutely everything to do with the Colts deciding to move on from him.
He's a God in Indy

Asked Todd Bowles which players have taken the biggest steps since minicamp, and he mentioned receiver Jaelon Darden and defensive back Logan Ryan.

Todd Bowles with praise today for second-year receiver Jaelon Darden: "His approach all offseason has been outstanding. He works hard, he keeps his head down and he plays ball."

With Tom Brady not playing in Bucs’ preseason opener, he won’t take the field at Raymond James Stadium for another 53 days, against Packers in Week 3. Bucs finish preseason with two on the road, then open at Cowboys and Saints.

As he should be! The lesson is that apparently Colts fans are smarter than Pats fans after all.

Colts fans don't have either the Boston media or the BB equivalent. And Boston's usually a ****ty sports town when it comes to its treatment of players who move on, almost regardless of the reason (Bourque's a notable exception). I'm sure that's a big part of it.

No updates on Jensen, and could be next week before we get one. Whether it's getting a second opinion or just evaluating best course of action, they don't have a clear answer yet. Replacing a 90th player on roster isn't a hugely important thing to make them rush this.

Without Jensen, Bucs have focused on Hainsey and Nick Leverett at center. Those would be the two on the 53 right now. John Molchon got work as backup center today with Leverett working as first-team LG.

Colts fans don't have either the Boston media or the BB equivalent. And Boston's usually a ****ty sports town when it comes to its treatment of players who move on, almost regardless of the reason (Bourque's a notable exception). I'm sure that's a big part of it.

The entire stadium booed Adam Vinatieri. Ray Allen is still treated like dirt after the Celtics tried to trade him MULTIPLE TIMES because they were trying to phase him out for, I believe, AVERY BRADLEY.

Kyle Trask's crisp throws were offset by cringe-worthy ones at the Bucs' indoor workout Wednesday.

This might be pure copium on my part but at this point not saying anything has to mean they have hope or reason to hope that he can come back sometime this season basically by default. If he’s done he’s done and they’d know it even if maybe they don’t have the exact diagnosis or recovery timetable yet. But this long with nothing?

This might be pure copium on my part but at this point not saying anything has to mean they have hope or reason to hope that he can come back sometime this season basically by default. If he’s done he’s done and they’d know it even if maybe they don’t have the exact diagnosis or recovery timetable yet. But this long with nothing?
I have a feeling it's not season ending. Usually an ACL tear doesn't take that long to diagnose

Well pencil in the Browns game as a W.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back