PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny enough on my last PFF Mock Draft I trook Marcus Jones for the Patriots as a 3rd rounder on Thursday just before the draft started at 4:40PM.

Damn I should have put his name in the mock draft game. Who knew?

Marcus Jones is undersized at 5'8 174, but that speed is electric. He probably projects as a nickel/slot corner for us, but I expect we'll see a lot of usage out of him in the return game.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Peppers is a safety...I'm fine with him...so is Duggar. McGrone is a complete unknown at this point, projected to be a ST/Backup LB. Our starting LB's are turtles by today's standard and again,were exposed every single series against Buffalo in the playoffs. THIS is an area I want to see improved. We have yet to do that IMO.
Peppers will be playing a LB position for the Pats. they’ve got plenty of safeties. He played a ton of LB with the Giants.

The only slow LB on the team is Bentley.

All besides Bentley are faster than Lloyd and McGrone is faster than Dean.

worf-startrek-facepalm.gif
Yeah, good reply bruh.
Of course only today matters...

Oh well, he was listed as a tackle in the many places I saw him mocked

Also announced as a tackle

I mean that he's coming in to play guard. He's not going to be a tackle in the NFL. He'll be battling for the left guard spot.

Yeah, good reply bruh.
Of course only today matters...

A few years from now a couple of teams that had 2/3 1st rd picks this year will be hurting to pay guys if they have great results.

It doesn't get much sillier than that.

McGrone is a complete unknown at this point, projected to be a ST/Backup LB.

Projected by who? the same people that just got half the first round wrong? This draft is proof that the teams aren't telling these draft nicks jack when it comes to how they have players rated.
Our starting LB's are turtles by today's standard and again,were exposed every single series against Buffalo in the playoffs. THIS is an area I want to see improved. We have yet to do that IMO.

Here's your problem. 3 of the 4 guys the Pats used at LB for those games are GONE. The only one left standing is Bentley. It's improvement by subtraction.

The Pats brought in Mack Wilson who is not slow by any stretch. They also have McMillan returning from injury. McMillan is someone they felt confident about in training camp until he tore his ACL. They wouldn't have given him another contract if they didn't feel confident. So with McGrone and and Bentley, that's actually a pretty young and fast (with the exception of Bentley) LB Corps.

If you were to voice concerns about the "EDGE" position, I'm right there with you. The Pats have Judon and Wise and unknowns.

What we don't know is where Jennings, Perkins and Uche will be lining up. I think that UCHE's best position is lining up as a Sideline to Sideline LB. Perkins maybe be in the rotation at Edge. Jennings might be also. I don't know if Dominique Robinson/Isaiah Thomas are better than them or not.

The Pats COULD also look at bringing back Trey Flowers as part of the "EDGE" rotation opposite Judon. I think that Monday or Tuesday ends the Free Agency period where signing players potentially counts against the Compensation equation. The Pats have plenty of money they can free up.

Peppers will be playing a LB position for the Pats. they’ve got plenty of safeties. He played a ton of LB with the Giants.

The only slow LB on the team is Bentley.

All besides Bentley are faster than Lloyd and McGrone is faster than Dean.
Why so much hate for Bentley he led the team in tackles last year? He's not a star but he's a useful solid player. And he's still pretty young too still room to improve.

Funny enough on my last PFF Mock Draft I trook Marcus Jones for the Patriots as a 3rd rounder on Thursday just before the draft started at 4:40PM.

Marcus Jones is undersized at 5'8 174, but that speed is electric. He probably projects as a nickel/slot corner for us, but I expect we'll see a lot of usage out of him in the return game.
Everytime I passed on cb in rounds 1 or 2 in pff sim I always ended up with Jones in rd 3 and every time it gave me an A:)

Today's draft seems okay on relative basis . I am also slowly warming up to Cole strange . Maybe the LB folks on bench are really solid and that's why bill hasn't drafted them yet. Would Tariq woolen be drafted first tomorrow ?

Today's draft seems okay on relative basis . I am also slowly warming up to Cole strange . Maybe the LB folks on bench are really solid and that's why bill hasn't drafted them yet. Would Tariq woolen be drafted first tomorrow ?
I want Darrian Beavers on this team tomorrow. I’d trade the first 2 picks without hesitating.

Why so much hate for Bentley he led the team in tackles last year? He's not a star but he's a useful solid player. And he's still pretty young too still room to improve.
What hate? He’s a downhill thumper. Glad he’s back. But never put him in coverage. I was responding to the notion that the Pats are still slow at the second level. They’re not.

Leading the team in tackles is all well and good.. Until you look at the context and see how many of them were more than 4 yards down field..

I did it back on April 4th.. LOL

I want Darrian Beavers on this team tomorrow. I’d trade the first 2 picks without hesitating.
That's only because you want a Pats jersey that says Beavers on it. LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm a bit concerned that our complete inability to stop the run hasn't been addressed yet
or lack of pass rush
our pass rush was disappointing besides judon and barmore. Those two aren't enough and esp. when you have not a number 1 outside CB you need an even better pass rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes