PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
steve smith is a WR...Mathieu is a safety...why do I say Hobbs?? BECAUSE HE WAS A STARTER!!! AND BURNED LIKE A BIATCH ON SOUTH BEACH IN JULY!!!...oh but he's a PUNT RETURNER TOO! Yay!!! OK...let's see...we wanted a sideline to sideline LB in this draft with TONS of players that fit that profile...ZIPPO...we wanted a corner to replace JJ...our new punt returner AIN'T IT. We needed an offensive TACKLE to replace the often injured duo we have this season. ZEROSKI. Other teams hit it HUGE with multiple quality picks...we dipped into the staggering Tenn/Chattanooga conference while the rest of the NFL went beserk in a feeding frenzy of SEC players...why? BECAUSE THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD KNOWS THE SEC IS WHERE THE ELITE PLAYERS COME FROM!!! But not us...nah...too obvious I guess. The Bills will F stomp the crap out of our D this season...worse than last. Krist...

Hobbs was burned badly in the SB when he was left on an island against a 6'4 WR. OH. And Hobbs was playing with an abdominal hernia.

Your ranting is truly pathetic. What YOUR WANTS are don't mean s**t all. Your ignorance of NCAA football players is mind-bogglingly pathetic for you to be ranting this way.

Elite players come from ALL OVER. I could list DROVES upon DROVES of players who have had awesome careers in the NFL who didn't play in the SEC. But let's just focus on some of the Pats Players

Rodney Harrison - Western Illinois
Tom Brady - Michigan - Big 10
Ty Law - Michigan - Big 10
Matt Light - Purdue -
Logan Mankins - San Jose St - Pac 10 Fresno St. - Western Atheletic conference
Devin McCourty - Rutgers - Big East.
Vince Wilfork - Miami - ACC
Ty Warren- Texas A&M (Big 12)
Dan Koppen - BC - Big East.
Mike Vrabel - Ohio St. -
Ted Johnson - Colorado - Pac10

So please stop with the BS that ONLY the SEC produces "ELITE" players. Because it's just not true.

EDIT: Thanks for the correction @ctpatsfan77 regarding Mankins school./

Last edited:
In no particular order, PTP types from BCGs list that I'd be happy with the Pats adding in the 4th round.

Travis Jones, Isaiah Thomas, Dominique Robinson, Zyon McCollum, Cade Mays, Darrian Beavers, Damone Clark, Isaiah Spiller
Travis Jones already went at 76 to the Baltimore Ravens. They added a couple of good players today with Ojabo in round 2 and Jones in round 3.

ACTUALLY we have 4 Young LBS..
McGrone
Mcmillan
Perkins... and the forgotten man... Jennings.

We'll see, but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT Bill missed on them all, LB is something I think he excels at.
McMillan is a sleeper, he looked really solid in camp last year… Jennings has been around for a bit now, maybe he can be halfway decent. Bentley was retained which I think people forget also.

I was told it was a deep draft

Who told you that? It's a weak draft with little high end talent. The "depth" is because of the mediocrity at the top.

McMillan is a sleeper, he looked really solid in camp last year… Jennings has been around for a bit now, maybe he can be halfway decent. Bentley was retained which I think people forget also.
No we know what Bentley is. A thumper of an ILB but slow and immobile like most of the Pats linebackers last year.

I swear to god I was just trying to find the injuries that had nakobe dean's draft stock falling and I stumbled on someone who is a combo. Then I went to the bathroom looked in the mirror and said out loud "same species my ass."
As a track guy I had to do my research. In all seriousness, it took me a little longer than normal to actually figure out the times of the athlete.

Also taller than our new CB/PR/KR.

There's an actual formula that's published by the NFL. While it is technically possible that the Pats won't get those picks, it's nearly certain at this point.
I know. And unless Jackson/Karras completely tank, that's what they'll get. But, I don't like to assume. Especially with F'in Goodell around.

ACTUALLY we have 4 Young LBS..
McGrone
Mcmillan
Perkins... and the forgotten man... Jennings.

We'll see, but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT Bill missed on them all, LB is something I think he excels at.
5 Actually, I forgot the new trade guy...
There's a LOT of young talent on the Pats at LB, FAST boyz too...
I think we'll be pretty happy .
Let's see... I think we'll be pretty pumped...

He's just feisty - he's not pissy. There's context to why he's annoyed. I'm not a fan of the people who just say I hate a player and don't give us much of a reason why. @Joker has no issue doing that ;)
I musta missed the "context". Doesn't change the fact he sounds like the whiners from last night that hijacked the board because they've forgotten that none of the Draftnicks actually work for teams and that they're wrong more than right.

Look at all the guys who fell into the third round who supposedly had 1st round grades. It's astounding.

and we got Mack Wilson as a coverage LB. Hopefully he returns to his earlier form.
I forgot him, forgot his name Actually (disgrace)...I honestly think the Pats LB will struggle early, but crush it later in the year when it gels.
Hopefully not, I'll take crushing it earlier!

Doesn't change the fact he sounds like the whiners from last night that hijacked the board because they've forgotten that none of the Draftnicks actually work for teams and that they're wrong more than right.
Last I checked, this isn't your first time on this board on draft weekend. "It is what it is", can't let it drive you nuts and get you going. I'm sure we'll have similar moments tomorrow ;)

Ours (2023 third) was traded for Parker I believe.
We traded our third next year for Parker, and we traded this pick (94) for Carolina’s third next year (probably somewhat higher then the Pats pick traded for Parker) and moving back 43 slots.

so it nets out that we got Parker for moving down from 94 to 137 tonight, and possibly up a few spots next year. Seems like a good deal to me.

I would. When we have one of the better punters in the league who is only in his 4th year.
The issue is Bailey's huge (for a punter) $4+mm cap hit. Hopefully they can renegotiate that with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back