PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
An OL, a wide receiver and a cornerback. Sort of feels like they feel pretty good about the linebacker position with Uche, Wilson, Jennings, McGrone, Perkins, Langi and McMillan.

I would say DT remains a priority but it seems like they feel pretty comfortable with who they have there at LB.
I tend to forget there are some nfl unknowns in there, presents from last draftmas we just put up in the attic & get to open in 22

4th is also not an insane place to pick a guy you just happen to covet. Dont know enough to speculate whethr thats going on/who it would be. I think we're going to end up happy w/this year's haul. Never know, of course.

And I really hope we trade a 4 for a 5 this year and a 4 next year with some thirsty mother hubbard tomorrow

Good night & as always thank you for hosting!

Reactions: Ian
An OL, a wide receiver and a cornerback. Sort of feels like they feel pretty good about the linebacker position with Uche, Wilson, Jennings, McGrone, Perkins, Langi and McMillan.

I would say DT remains a priority but it seems like they feel pretty comfortable with who they have there at LB.
Uh oh, I got an "ugh" from @zipster9 - talk to me @zipster9 - what's on your mind? :cool:

steve smith is a WR...Mathieu is a safety...why do I say Hobbs?? BECAUSE HE WAS A STARTER!!! AND BURNED LIKE A BIATCH ON SOUTH BEACH IN JULY!!!...oh but he's a PUNT RETURNER TOO! Yay!!! OK...let's see...we wanted a sideline to sideline LB in this draft with TONS of players that fit that profile...ZIPPO...we wanted a corner to replace JJ...our new punt returner AIN'T IT. We needed an offensive TACKLE to replace the often injured duo we have this season. ZEROSKI. Other teams hit it HUGE with multiple quality picks...we dipped into the staggering Tenn/Chattanooga conference while the rest of the NFL went beserk in a feeding frenzy of SEC players...why? BECAUSE THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD KNOWS THE SEC IS WHERE THE ELITE PLAYERS COME FROM!!! But not us...nah...too obvious I guess. The Bills will F stomp the crap out of our D this season...worse than last. Krist...
Either your kidding or your having a meltdown, can’t always tell with you. They got 3 quality players and still have 7 picks tomorrow. LB is very deep in this draft and there is talent all over the board at every position. I knew after Brady left this was gonna be a grind. Just had 20 winning seasons without falling below 8-8. You’ve lived through some pretty ****ty Patriots seasons and got rewarded with 6 Superbowls. Waited a lot longer than most of us and been a great fan along the way. Lets see how the rest of it turns out tomorrow.

Either your kidding or your having a meltdown, can’t always tell with you. They got 3 quality players and still have 7 picks tomorrow. LB is very deep in this draft and there is talent all over the board at every position. I knew after Brady left this was gonna be a grind. Just had 20 winning seasons without falling below 8-8. You’ve lived through some pretty ****ty Patriots seasons and got rewarded with 6 Superbowls. Waited a lot longer than most of us and been a great fan along the way. Lets see how the rest of it turns out tomorrow.
I need to add a sarcasm icon because I can't always tell with @Joker either :cool:

In no particular order, PTP types from BCGs list that I'd be happy with the Pats adding in the 4th round.

Travis Jones, Isaiah Thomas, Dominique Robinson, Zyon McCollum, Cade Mays, Darrian Beavers, Damone Clark, Isaiah Spiller

Reactions: Ian
I need to add a sarcasm icon because I can't always tell with @Joker either :cool:
We'll be fine, these picks might not be flashy, but I personally feel they are solid.
We already have 3 young LBS that have 1 year of school in the system, that are scratching and clawing to get on the field, and these kids aren't bums.

Too many people forget about our younger guys.

Hate to break it to you but pick 137 is going to do a whole lot of nothing for us this season.
But 95 was going to be a superstar!!!

I mean, Rhamondre did nothing for us last year. Ronnie Perkins who went before him was great!!

That’s your rebuttal? A once in a century pick?
Just for fun, here's what I got for the history of BB's tenure for around that pick and later. 13 decent dudes at pick 137 or higher over the last 22 years (88 picks so ~15%). Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but it's like a 50% chance that someone's gonna be decent at 137 or higher at any given year assuming 3 picks (usually 5th/6th/7th). Didn't even add guys like Elandon Roberts. Curious to see what the rate is for different teams.

Onwenu 182
Bailey 163
Bentley 143
Karras 221
MCannon 138
Edelman 232
MSlater 153
Ebner 197
Cassel 205
Koppen 164
Givens 253
AHarris 187
Brady 199

In no particular order, PTP types from BCGs list that I'd be happy with the Pats adding in the 4th round.

Travis Jones, Isaiah Thomas, Dominique Robinson, Zyon McCollum, Cade Mays, Darrian Beavers, Damone Clark, Isaiah Spiller
Travis Jones went to Ratbirds. Forgot about Beavers, he might be one of the best LBs in this draft.

Just for fun, here's what I got for the history of BB's tenure for around that pick and later. 13 decent dudes at pick 137 or higher over the last 22 years (88 picks so ~15%). Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but it's like a 50% chance that someone's gonna be decent at 137 or higher at any given year assuming 3 picks (usually 5th/6th/7th). Didn't even add guys like Elandon Roberts. Curious to see what the rate is for different teams.

Onwenu 182
Bailey 163
Bentley 143
Karras 221
MCannon 138
Edelman 232
MSlater 153
Ebner 197
Cassel 205
Koppen 164
Givens 253
AHarris 187
Brady 199
Was thinking the same thing. Their success rate has been pretty good in the later rounds. Funny how that's worked out and it would be great if they could obviously do that one more time this year :)

Jones is gone.

Onwenu 182
Bailey 163
Bentley 143
Karras 221
MCannon 138
Edelman 232
MSlater 153
Ebner 197
Cassel 205
Koppen 164
Givens 253
AHarris 187
Brady 199
What a bunch a bums, can't win a SB with that lot!
Get me some STUDS, 20 MILLION PER, IDGAS, JUST GET'EM HERE AND WE'LL WIN!

We'll be fine, these picks might not be flashy, but I personally feel they are solid.
We already have 3 young LBS that have 1 year of school in the system, that are scratching and clawing to get on the field, and these kids aren't bums.

Too many people forget about our younger guys.
I forgot we had so many. That's a longer list (I posted it a couple pages back) than I thought.

So we select best guard in this draft, fastest wide receiver this year and now best kick punt returner.
And folks *****ed about two of those three. Go figure.

Marcus Jones is pretty small. At 5'8 174, he feels like a nickel or slot corner. We still don't have a #1 outside guy, unless you want to see Slowjuan burned over and over out there. :rofl:

Did we trade with the Chiefs 3x already this draft alone? SHEESH! It's like BB's got Brett Veach on SPEED DIAL! LOL :haha:

OL: Kinnard and Faalele are still there, along with Zach Tom, I think.
Cade Mays is still there.

WR: Shakir, Phillips, and Melton are all still there.

LB: Beavers is sitting there.

DT/DE: Ridgeway and Winfrey are still there.

CB: McCollum, Woolen, Armour-Davis are all still there.

And of course, Matt Ariaza...

steve smith is a WR...Mathieu is a safety...why do I say Hobbs?? BECAUSE HE WAS A STARTER!!! AND BURNED LIKE A BIATCH ON SOUTH BEACH IN JULY!!!...oh but he's a PUNT RETURNER TOO! Yay!!! OK...let's see...we wanted a sideline to sideline LB in this draft with TONS of players that fit that profile...ZIPPO...we wanted a corner to replace JJ...our new punt returner AIN'T IT. We needed an offensive TACKLE to replace the often injured duo we have this season. ZEROSKI. Other teams hit it HUGE with multiple quality picks...we dipped into the staggering Tenn/Chattanooga conference while the rest of the NFL went beserk in a feeding frenzy of SEC players...why? BECAUSE THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD KNOWS THE SEC IS WHERE THE ELITE PLAYERS COME FROM!!! But not us...nah...too obvious I guess. The Bills will F stomp the crap out of our D this season...worse than last. Krist...
Take a nap

The Bills got that Kyle Brandt rant and we got Donny ****ing Osmond?! Maaan. That was a great pick announcement by Brandt.
I thought he sucked. Totally lame. Osmond was not quite as bad.

I forgot we had so many. That's a longer list (I posted it a couple pages back) than I thought.
ACTUALLY we have 4 Young LBS..
McGrone
Mcmillan
Perkins... and the forgotten man... Jennings.

We'll see, but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT Bill missed on them all, LB is something I think he excels at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back