PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft - Day 2 Discussion Thread

We have not drafted a cornerback.

are we going to resign j mccourty?

I'm hoping the fact that we haven't addressed the corner position so far is a good indication that both Gilmore and JC will be on the team for game one. Then resign J. McCourty and we'll be good.

I was honestly hoping for O-Line help in the 3rd round. But with most of the OTs off the board, I can wrap my head around taking Perkins who is supposedly a really good guy whether he's playing in a 3 point stance or a 2 point stance.. This helps in terms of hiding who is coming and who isn't.
With the front seven he has accumulated, I wonder if he may go a bit of rex ryan in terms of overloading in some areas and just attacking.

His dad knew a few things about building franchises. Seems his son gets it.

It was a breath of fresh air to recognize the first 3 picks as names you actually armchair scouted.
That's the difference between picking #15 instead of 30+

Well, if there's one group of scouts in New England that I trust, it's whoever grades the late round olinemen that the Pats pick. Hoping for a big guy or two tomorrow.

That may have been true for 20 years with Scarnecchia, I hope the OLine magic hasn't run out with Scar retired again....

That may have been true for 20 years with Scarnecchia, I hope the OLine magic hasn't run out with Scar retired again....
Onwenu (sp) last year.

I think Scar left a neat little Dumbledore's army that can hold its own scouting and training for a handful of years until its members move on.

Well , just awake and seeing how happy the board is. Looks like a couple of really good picks. I think there was some thought an OT would have been drafted but there is still time. Maybe some other grouping of picks to come ?

Tackle for when Wynn gets hurt again

No CB’s the 1st two rounds!

Some things don't have to change in the "draft" philosophy -6th round and UDFA CBs are where the Patriots shine.

Last edited:
Loving this draft, even warming up to Mac after the initial anger of missing out on Fields. Nabbed two BPA at DL.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back