PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2017 UDFA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Damarius Travis' scouting report:

2017 NFL Draft Profile: Damarius Travis

Jason Thompson:

2017 NFL Draft Profile: Jason Thompson

Along with David Jones, the Safety battle in camp, for potentially, Jordan Richards' spot will be a good one. A little like the CB battle last year.

My understanding is that Thompson made such an impact that he was voted Team Captain the year he transferred to Utah.. THAT says a lot about the kid imho. He could, very well, be Slater's eventual replacement.

Single and no kids. All my own work.

Manx - Next you're going to tell us that you're getting the ALL-22 for these kids, reviewing it and sending it to Belichick ala Joel Buschbaum..

Very good you've added the second clip with some analysis.
Body catching is one of his problems, its pretty regular, and Im afraid not that easy to change. Its instincts, habit . hard to get rid of.

He's a very good route runner (despite issues very well highlighted in that analysis clip), elusive, his catches are spectacular and not too far between. But one should never go by the highlight reels.

His blocking is very poor. He rarely engages and is basically non existent. Im not too worried about his strength since they can condition him (but is an issue) my reservations are about his toughness and attitude in non-catching play.

Here look at snaps at -- 2:50, 4:05, 7:47, 8:23, 8:29, 9:00!, 9:09, 9:59:
Austin Carr vs Indiana (2016) | Draft Breakdown

I think Edelman comparisons are wishful thinking. Maybe Dola (resemblance is sometimes uncanny) but he'll have to seriously toughen up, physically and mentally.

And that's ok and that's what they were clearly targeting since it is likely Danny's last year - no extension, just pay cut on last yr contract; thankfully Julian has a few good years in him if the legs hold - and I would expect/hope for extension coming.

Carr has a chance to make PS this year since its only between Lucien, Hollister and him at the moment. They will probably bring a WR or two more for TC Id guess. I wonder if this means they will be bringing DeAndrew White back (who was going off and on the roster on Pats and Wiki sites after they reportedly didn't sign him to futures contract)..

If Carr really wants to make it in the NFL* he should invest in a JUGs machine and spend all of his free time making only hands catches.

He should also get film of every play Edelman is in for, not just the ones where he gets the ball, and dedicate himself to emulating him.

Manx - Next you're going to tell us that you're getting the ALL-22 for these kids, reviewing it and sending it to Belichick ala Joel Buschbaum..

Shhhh. Actually, I did nowhere near as much work this year as I should. I took a bit of a year off effectively - I found it really hard to watch tape and think I was suffering a little from draft burnout. The good news is, I do feel motivated to get into next years draft.

Shhhh. Actually, I did nowhere near as much work this year as I should. I took a bit of a year off effectively - I found it really hard to watch tape and think I was suffering a little from draft burnout. The good news is, I do feel motivated to get into next years draft.

With the way BB was trading picks, you might not have to worry about it. He may trade all of them before the season even starts..

Seems to run like Perine. Great cutback ability too.

No idea how Daniels could make the team but I think I found my UDFA binky. This kid can play.

Meh, just OK. I didn't see much making yards on his own. He had some good holes to run through and took advantage.

Clearly Russian Hackers got to his measurements :D

Think he still has potential in the slot. I like him! Just hard to picture hin being 6 feet tall. Color me skeptical

Carr measured 6001/201 at the Shrine game.

Edelman measured 5103/195 at his pro day. Amedndola was 5104/183 at the 2008 Combine.

What an overnight improvement in metre! Congrats, Manx.
You must have had an inspirational night/sleep..

It would have been funnier if he said "ranx" and "thanx." :)

[The great American humorist Ogden Nash once wrote a poem that read, in its entirety:

If called by a panther
Don't anther.
]

It would have been funnier if he said "ranx" and "thanx." :)

[The great American humorist Ogden Nash once wrote a poem that read, in its entirety:

If called by a panther
Don't anther.
]

The Nash poem would've slipped right by spellcheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe