PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week Two Games

Re: Re: NFL Week Two Games

One thing that should be extremely concerning to both the Seahawks and the 49ers:

Both are run first teams that have pitiful depth behind their starting, star backs. We can already see the result of this in the Niners, who have been unable to run at all this season so far.

Marshawn Lynch is amazing, but behind him is a bunch of nobodies too. If either goes down, it's a significant blow to either offense.

I think you could man's an argument that turbin has looked better/been more productive behind Lynch. Sure Lynch has had some decent runs, but they have been more of a product of excellent blocking than anything.

If course add I write this Lynch blows through two defenders for the stat padding score.

If SEA gets home field advantage throughout the playoffs, they'd be in the SB right?

Holy crap.

Watch Carroll pile it on

Jaguars @ Seahawks next week.

Can a team score negative points?

I bet playaction goes for a td right now...

I'm just happy that at least 4 of the 5 best teams in the NFL all have to beat each other out for the chance to play someone in our crappy conference, which could theoretically be us.

"Richard Sherman is the best corner in the league and he's not afraid to tell ya either.."

"yeah, so Chris, what about the injuries the 9ers suffered tonight..?"

"Richard Sherman is the best corner in the league and he's not afraid to tell ya either.."

"oh look,Lynch is running hard into a pack of Niners...what do you say, Chris?.."

"yeah, but after the game , where are we going for dinner and drinks...?

Sunday Night...game ends at 12:41 a.m.

90% of the viewing audience went to sleep an hour ago..

we're growing the league for the fans!! it's all for the fans!!...

goodell.jpg

"yeah, so Chris, what about the injuries the 9ers suffered tonight..?"

"oh look,Lynch is running hard into a pack of Niners...what do you say, Chris?.."

"yeah, but after the game , where are we going for dinner and drinks...?

I feel bad for Al. I think he's one of the best announcers even at 70 and he has to work with this awful useless analyst with a 20 word vocabulary.

Feels strange going to the university before the game is even over. They used to be over before I even got up. Friday I got up an hour earlier and got to see almost the entire 2nd half.

Not really complaining though, a little football for breakfast is kinda nice.

I know one thing after watching this weekends games.
The Pats are behind a lot of teams when it comes to speed and toughness and overall talent. Offensivley and defensivley.

San Fran isn't in Seattle's league. Crushed once again up North. If Seattle gets homefield I can't imagine anybody will keep them out of the super bowl. San Fran's d is good but, they've been exposed multiple times(Seahawks, Patriots, Ravens) while nobody has lit up Seattle's d.

San Fran isn't in Seattle's league. Crushed once again up North. If Seattle gets homefield I can't imagine anybody will keep them out of the super bowl. San Fran's d is good but, they've been exposed multiple times(Seahawks, Patriots, Ravens) while nobody has lit up Seattle's d.

IDK, let's wait until they meet again. Seattle is a far better team at home than away. A Sunday night game in Seattle is insane.

So I go to watch the "Manning Bowl" yesterday, praying for a metor strike to hit the stadium and what do I get? Jags-Raiders! Yes, I was part of the 1% of America left with this putrid contest! (We are considered a secondary market for Jacksonville (120 miles away). Apparenlty a TV station in Orlando actually scrolled an apology across the bottom of the screen, saying that they were contractually obligated to show that game!

Jacksonville is awful! their defense is OK, but their offense is crap I MJD go hurt again yeasterday. They might have won the "Clowney Bowl" yesterday.

The Pats are behind a lot of teams when it comes to speed and toughness and overall talent. Offensivley and defensivley.

such a misguided post.

AFC East teams are 6-2 - both losses to the Patriots.

It could be that the AFC East is a lot better than people realized. I think they are. Miami looks solid. The Bills front seven is tough, and they've got Spiller; the Jets are strong on both lines.

The league is very even right now, too - 22 games in the first 2 weeks decided by under a TD.

I would also say that the Pats are at their WORST RIGHT NOW. That's important. The rookies will improve, the big guns will come back. Your point is valid, though, so don't misunderstand my thoughts here as criticism. They really do have a long way to go.

But for all the teams it's a week-to-week thing at this point. Watching Seattle yesterday, you go "Wow!" but last week they barely beat a Carolina team that lost in Buffalo yesterday. Last week, you watch the Niners and go "Look out," but this week, they get their lunch handed to them.

The one team I haven't begun to figure out yet is Denver. Are they that good, or have they played pathetic teams who played pathetic games against them? The non-challenge on the Welker drop was huge, and Eli threw four BAD picks yesterday. Everyone is ballwashing Peyton, of course, but his passes haven't been pretty at all, from what I'm seeing. Decker's got a ton of drops, and Welker has at least 5 or 6 in two weeks (and Manning is glaring at him). The ball is wobbling on every throw.

I would love to see them go play in Seattle, or play the Niners...oh well.

IDK, let's wait until they meet again. Seattle is a far better team at home than away. A Sunday night game in Seattle is insane.

Ya. The 12-7 win in Carolina illustrates their whole home/away thing. If that team is so much better than everyone else the win over Carolina shouldn't have been a 5 point victory, it should have been a blowout.

Great home team, borderline average away team

3-5 on the road last year and they have some tricky road games this year Houston, Indy, Atlanta, San Fran, and NYG. And the games at Arizona and St. Louis are potential tricky because both those team beat them at home last year.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back