PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week Two Games

San Fran isn't in Seattle's league. Crushed once again up North. If Seattle gets homefield I can't imagine anybody will keep them out of the super bowl. San Fran's d is good but, they've been exposed multiple times(Seahawks, Patriots, Ravens) while nobody has lit up Seattle's d.

It depends on what you mean by "lit up", I guess. Atlanta put up 30 on them in the playoffs, for example.

It depends on what you mean by "lit up", I guess. Atlanta put up 30 on them in the playoffs, for example.

Brady put 395 yards on them too, in Seattle.

Ooh forgot about that one. Still I'd much rather have seahawks defense than san frans. Seattle is a tad shaky on the road but it will not be good for the NFC if they get HFA.

AFC East teams are 6-2 - both losses to the Patriots.

It could be that the AFC East is a lot better than people realized. I think they are. Miami looks solid. The Bills front seven is tough, and they've got Spiller; the Jets are strong on both lines.

The league is very even right now, too - 22 games in the first 2 weeks decided by under a TD.

I would also say that the Pats are at their WORST RIGHT NOW. That's important. The rookies will improve, the big guns will come back. Your point is valid, though, so don't misunderstand my thoughts here as criticism. They really do have a long way to go.

But for all the teams it's a week-to-week thing at this point. Watching Seattle yesterday, you go "Wow!" but last week they barely beat a Carolina team that lost in Buffalo yesterday. Last week, you watch the Niners and go "Look out," but this week, they get their lunch handed to them.

The one team I haven't begun to figure out yet is Denver. Are they that good, or have they played pathetic teams who played pathetic games against them? The non-challenge on the Welker drop was huge, and Eli threw four BAD picks yesterday. Everyone is ballwashing Peyton, of course, but his passes haven't been pretty at all, from what I'm seeing. Decker's got a ton of drops, and Welker has at least 5 or 6 in two weeks (and Manning is glaring at him). The ball is wobbling on every throw.

I would love to see them go play in Seattle, or play the Niners...oh well.

Let's not jump the gun too soon. Miami may be better than we expected, but let's pump the breaks on the Bills and Jets. Each won close games against bad teams.

The league never really takes shape until about a 1/3 of the way of the season. Many teams start off with a fast start and then fall apart and others look like crap early and become really good as the season goes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patradomous View Post
I know one thing after watching this weekends games.
The Pats are behind a lot of teams when it comes to speed and toughness and overall talent. Offensivley and defensivley.

such a misguided post.

Misguided my foot.

Patriots are now in the middle of the pack. There are at least 4 or 5 teams cleary better than Pats right now. 11-5 10-6. And probably 4 or 5 teams that are comparably competitive with them including the Bengals and Dolphins.

Two weeks is way too soon to reach any conclusions, but here are the out of division records for all eight NFL divisions:

4-0 -- AFC East (+4, 1.000)
6-2 -- AFC West (+4, .750)
3-1 -- NFC West (+2, .750)
3-3 -- AFC South (+0, .500)
2-2 -- NFC North (+0, .500)
1-3 -- NFC South (-2, .250)
0-4 -- AFC North (-4, .000)
0-4 -- NFC East (-4, .000)

Inter-conference records:
AFC: 5-1
NFC: 1-5

:eek:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back