PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL touchdown celebrations...

Love the celebrations, especially the good/funny choreographed ones.

My favourite ever was a "soccer" one, Celtic player who had been getting trashed in the press all week for being bad (which to be fair he was) scores a great goal to tie the game and pretends to write on his hand like he's writing for a newspaper. That was a good FU moment. Also like when players score in a big rival stadium and shut up the crowd and cup their ears or do a "Shh!".

hate the rehearsed celebrations..hand the ball to the ref like you've been there before.
What if you're like Allen and haven't been there before? Can he do the macarena? Is that alright with you?

I am not opposed but some of them are indeed over the top celebrations. In the CFL they are working hard to play to their fans. I always liked Barry Sanders handing the ball to an official. I love Gronk's SMASH SPIKE. That sort of says Patriots Football to me. But the game is different now than when Barry played. Remember when the Lambeau Leap used to seem excessive. lol. As long as they keep the Macarena off the field. Is it too late now with the prevailing social mores to go and hug a cheerleader?
How about one of the Musketeer Minutemen? Probably too many connotations with that one. Maybe just throw the ball at the cam. lol. Made me laugh too.

Keep the players happy; they're what keeps the game going. I love celebrations. They're hilarious. Although when it's multiple people doing some rehearsed stuff, it's a little try hard looking. But whatever floats their boat.

My favorite touchdown celebration sequence of all time is Lewis' natural celebration after his ridiculous Dallas touchdown in 2015. Not only my favorite play of his, but the celebration is absolute fire. The whole team was blown out their shoes and he topped it off with jumping back to back with another player about 3 feet in the air. Perfectly encapsulates the feeling I get when I destroy whatever monumental task I encounter in life.

Holy crap! I've never heard BB yell like that on mic before!:eek:

FYI, that clip is from the BB "A Football Life" that aired in 2011 documenting the 2009 Pats.

If you like these touchdown pantomimes you must really love this act...

FYI, that clip is from the BB "A Football Life" that aired in 2011 documenting the 2009 Pats.

For some reason I don't remember seeing that part. I remember seeing Belichick get on the players in a meeting about dancing before a kickoff. I guess I forgot about that on the field stuff.

Only on the field stuff I remember is BB telling Derrick Mason to STFU.:D

I don't have a huge issue with players doing it, but it seems like they (read: mostly the Steelers) are trying too hard. But it's harmless fun for the most part. I know it's not a popular sentiment in the era of outrage, but life's too short to live with a stick up your ass...

Pre-planned choreographed touchdown celebrations by grown men look stupid and weird. They need to be spontaneous; otherwise, just hand the ball to the ref.

unless you're Cam Newton...then you must has all TD celebrations

Question: When someone close to you tells you he/she got engaged, or is having a baby…..maybe your kid gets accepted to the school of his/her dreams…..do you celebrate by playing leap frog or humping the refrigerator?

The ones I've seen have been hit or miss, but I love that they CAN do them. I agree that if you score, you deserve to celebrate. There's nothing wrong with some timely showmanship IMO.

Of course if you do an elaborate celebration down three scores you're going to look like a complete jackass.

It's interesting to me that the team who are really running with the choreographed celebrations are the Steelers. A team of egocentric, me first players who Facebook live team meetings and have a rah-rah coach who wants to be his players bff. Fragile ego's who want to be the centre of attention, whether on social media or on the field.

We will whip them again, and we'll do it without playing hide and seek or doing the macarena...

I like when guys act like they've been there before, but I approve the freedom of these celebrations. If nothing else it makes the former stand out more, and adds some flavor to the whole thing.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back