PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL touchdown celebrations...

When the Patriots easily dispose of the Pittsburgh Little Sisters, they will have so much material to use in order to mock them each time they score a TD, if they so choose.

As an old fart, I don't mind celebrations. But the elaborate routines like leap frog, are a little too stupid for me, for goodness sake your men, act like it.

I find these rehearsed pantomime routines with multiple players nauseating. Just my opinion.
Agree 100%. The Gronk spike, a little dance, fine. But these weight-lifting, leap frogging multi-faceted dance routines are stupid and make the players look like five year olds. I don't think we have to worry though. I get the feeling watching the Pats that they are not allowed to engage in such ridiculousness.

I actually think calmly handing the ball to the refs then being mobbed by your excited teammates is the best "routine" (because you look like you've been there before), but that's just me.

From reading this thread, it sounds like I gotta catch up on all the fun ones from this year. All I remember is the leapfrog one the Vikings(?) did on Sunday which was ridiculous but still funny.

I like that the players are taking full advantage of the rule for the sole reason that they can.

Seems like some of you guys are actually, legitimately upset about this. Lollllll

I find these rehearsed pantomime routines with multiple players nauseating. Just my opinion.

I've been getting the same feeling of late as well with these celebrations. I thought they were just going to celebrate together. Not doing as you put it.

The best celebrations were always a spur of moment expression of pure joy that can never be rehearsed. These modern celebrations are all trying waaaay too hard.

This!

Last edited:
I used to be a purist on the TD celebrations as well. That said, these guys just scored a TD in the NFL. That's worth celebrating! And while not all of the celebrations are to my taste, they seem far less self-indulgent than in the past. Mainly because the scorers in most cases are involving their teammates... and that is a recognition of sorts that football is a team game, where success is realized not just by the one who made it across the goal line, but also by the ones who helped him get there. JMHO. :)

Also, we can't have a TD celebration thread without...

gronkspike-1.gif

Seems like some of you guys are actually, legitimately upset about this. Lollllll
Not upset, just annoyed. Also, I hate it when another team does it to the Pats - it burns me up, and I can only imagine that it burns up them up too. I find myself talking to the TV saying, "Yeah, go ahead. You just wait." I would think that engaging in an elaborate TD dance might fuel a fire in your opponent that might otherwise be extinguished by the agony of defeat. The Pats don't often engage in celebrations and I think the opponent walks away from Pats' scores more defeated than fired up most of the time.

To me it's the fans who are supposed to be dancing around the stadium, not the players. But again, it's just my opinion.

I used to be a purist on the TD celebrations as well. That said, these guys just scored a TD in the NFL. That's worth celebrating! And while not all of the celebrations are to my taste, they seem far less self-indulgent than in the past. Mainly because the scorers in most cases are involving their teammates... and that is a recognition of sorts that football is a team game, where success is realized not just by the one who made it across the goal line, but also by the ones who helped him get there. JMHO. :)

sure involve teammates to play hopscotch, leap frog or hide n seek. This has nothing to do with the emotion of scoring a TD in the NFL, just rehearsed, planned silliness.

gronkspike-1.gif

I love the celebrations. Juju in particular has had hilarious ideas. It's a game; why shouldn't they have fun? I'm amazed at how many people don't like the concept -- I get that not each one may be your personal taste, but to reject all celebrations entirely seems a bit crotchety.
No ones rejecting all celebrations, just the ones that take like 5 five minute long, I don’t care for

Remember the "A Football Life" on BB during the 2009 season. One thing that I heard him say (that makes sense) but I found really odd coming from him was "When you make a play. You deserve to celebrate." Not only that, he wanted teammates to join in the celebration as it was a sign of the team's overall engagement.

I would have taken him as a 'act like you've been there before' guy but apparently he promotes celebrations too.

Remember the "A Football Life" on BB during the 2009 season. One thing that I heard him say (that makes sense) but I found really odd coming from him was "When you make a play. You deserve to celebrate." Not only that, he wanted teammates to join in the celebration as it was a sign of the team's overall engagement.

I would have taken him as a 'act like you've been there before' guy but apparently he promotes celebrations too.
I don’t think potato sack races were what he meant by celebrate.

Love them. It is a child's game. My favorite one was the duck duck goose one.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back