PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A not-insignificant amount of that time was likely spent as a mere slappy, not exactly Lou Jr's or Bill's right-hand man or anything...
He was special teams coordinator

He was special teams coordinator

Less than 10 plays a game and inherited a very veteran group. Zero play calling on offense or defense. But whatever, at least he has the Belichick mystique. I think Freddie Kitchens, Zac Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, and Rhule hirings were far worse. Point is the nfl is far from merit based or hiring the best candidate. Just look at how much rampant nepotism there is , zero chance it's the best guys being picked

Bad memories eating that growing up.
After a few months, my Mom gave up on serving Spam. She Already had stopped trying to feed us liver.
All 9 of my brothers and sisters weren't going for it. Glad I had a big family.
There's strength in numbers
I certainly don't eat is regularly (sodium) but grilled or on a frying pan, w/ egg and english muffin is not bad.

I'm like that w cheese, mayo, lettuce and turkey. Can't do that combo. Cheese must go and I love cheese

This is both reverse racism and a solution in search of a problem.

Bad memories eating that growing up.
After a few months, my Mom gave up on serving Spam. She Already had stopped trying to feed us liver.
All 9 of my brothers and sisters weren't going for it. Glad I had a big family.
There's strength in numbers

I don't know what the metric is, but the current one seems way off. Why? I have no idea, probably a lot of reasons, all of which should be investigated and addressed if necessary.

Youre hired.

Get back to us with all the examples of blatant NFL racism.

Ring6 jumps all over the place and is intentionally trying to zero in on Joe when he knows there is zero legit rationale for how stiffs like Freddy Kitchen, Zac Taylor, or Kliff Kingsbury got hired. Or even that random guy Rhules in Carolina for 60M. It's blatant Good Ole Boys network.

???

• Kitchen = In house guy who was working well with rookie "franchise" QB prospect
  • Kingsbury = Guy who'd been successful getting his QBs to the NFL (Mayfield, Mahomes, Murray), and showed the ability to coach an offense
  • Taylor = One of the McVeigh spawn, had success working with Goff
  • Rhules = Formerly coached in the NFL (Giants), turned around 2 college programs, each in just 3 seasons

Though I'd agree with the idea that Taylor may well be a case of going to the well too often, and I think Kitchen showed, once again, that just keeping the QB happy is not always (or maybe even usually) the best route for GMs, every one of those choices makes some sense as a hire, rather than just being some guy from the "Good Ole Boys network".

Less than 10 plays a game and inherited a very veteran group. Zero play calling on offense or defense.
He was here 8 years.
Special teams coordinators become head coaches, harbaugh comes to mind.

But whatever, at least he has the Belichick mystique. I think Freddie Kitchens, Zac Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, and Rhule hirings were far worse. Point is the nfl is far from merit based or hiring the best candidate.
who was a better candidate? Why isn’t Flores, wilks, Raheem Morris, or Vance Joseph, or Anthony Lynn on your list?

Just look at how much rampant nepotism there is , zero chance it's the best guys being picked

Where is “rampant nepotism”

what exactly are you expecting to happen?

zv6xnMO_d.jpg

Patriots hire Ralph Northram gain 10 spots in round 3, lose 1st round pick after exponent determines which one he is in the picture.

Hard for him to be a coordinator at 24
True...But I'm still not hiring someone with only 5 years of legit NFL Coordinator (and Special Teams at that) experience as my next HC, especially after the disastrous Bennie Mac experiment.

True...But I'm still not hiring someone with only 5 years of legit NFL Coordinator (and Special Teams at that) experience as my next HC, especially after the disastrous Bennie Mac experiment.

To be fair, Mike Vrabel was a DC for one season (and the Texans were dead last in points allowed) before landing the Titans job, and it doesn't seem like a bad decision so far.

To be fair, Mike Vrabel was a DC for one season (and the Texans were dead last in points allowed) before landing the Titans job, and it doesn't seem like a bad decision so far.

As long as they keep the cameras out of his house ... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back