PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying it's a similar analogy. A lot of bullsh-t excuses for why people would explain the lack of black QBs

20 years ago 6 of the top 32 passers in the nfl were black.
That is 50% greater representation than their population %.
Last year it was 8/32 which is double.

there isn’t a lack of black QBs that requires a bs explanation.

I don’t think there is a single person that actually worries “hmmm what’s the real reason I got this job I wanted”.,

Like does Steve Belichick go to bed at night thinking “damn I really took an opportunity away from someone else who probably deserved it more because my dad set me up”? Does Kyle Shanahan? Did either of the Ryans? Mike Shula? The Gruden boys?

Like nobody really seems to have problem with the profession being rife with blatant nepotism and that being a more than decent factor of why it’s hard for people to break in.

Also not for nothing, nobody is going to pay someone millions of dollar and give them the keys to their franchise for a higher draft pick. It’s just an incentive to consider more people and maybe not give someone in the good old boys a presumptive job every time

How do you know there aren't people that think that? A statement like that is pure solipsism. Now, legacy and nepotism is a different topic and discussion altogether and has nothing to do with race.

The "good 'ol Boys club" effects everyone not in the club.

Actually isn’t it dictionary racism too? Treating people differently solely based upon race.

I think that is more akin to colorism, or tokenism.

It's a meandering list of non-logic. Question:

- did you think something similar 20 years ago when there were like zero black QB's? Like it's so obvious, black people simply don't want to be quarterbacks...

Conan O'Brien Voice: IN THE YEAR 2000!....

Steve McNair* 27 QB 16 15 12-3-0 248 396 62.6 2847 15
Tony Banks 27 QB/qb 11 8 5-3-0 150 274 54.7 1578 8
Kordell Stewart 28 QB 16 11 7-4-0 151 289 52.2 1860 11
Akili Smith 25 QB 12 11 2-9-0 118 267 44.2 1253 3
Donovan McNabb* 24 QB 16 16 11-5-0 330 569 58.0 3365 21
Randall Cunningham 37 /QB 6 3 1-2-0 74 125 59.2 849 6
Daunte Culpepper* 23 QB 16 16 11-5-0 297 474 62.7 3937 33
Shaun King 23 QB 16 16 10-6-0 233 428 54.4 2769 18
Charlie Batch 26 QB 15 15 8-7-0 221 412 53.6 2489 13
Jeff Blake 30 QB 11 11 7-4-0 184 302 60.9 2025 13
Aaron Brooks 24 QB/qb 8 5 3-2-0 113 194 58.2 1514 9

Last edited:
You are inserting your opinion as fact.
You said MORE QUALIFIED. There is absolutely no certainty of argument that bienemy was more qualified than Taylor.

You are just throwing things out there that are not accurate.
If you think one off examples prove anything then how does Tomlin, herm Edwards and Flores get hc jobs as minorities without even ever being a coordinator?
You literally are implying the bengals are racist after keeping Marvin Lewis around for 20 years without a playoff win.

Tomlin was Vikings DC and then became the youngest NFL head coach to win a Superbowl. Stop being dishonest.
Flores is an example of what happens to junior white coaches all the time. And Flores has 5 rings more than Joe Judge does. In a major coincidence Flores' GM is another black guy. Even with Flores there are 3 black coaches in the entire league. If you have a problem with Flores this happens all the time with unqualified young white coaches by old white owners or old white GMs. Which is the point.

Affirmative Action for the NFL.

This won’t pass.

The problem needs to be fixed from the bottom to the top. Entry level coaching and scouting positions are horrible jobs - Low pay, long hours and no stability. Subsequently, more often then not the people who take those jobs are people who otherwise have some economic means and stability in their lives to start out. They are the football loving sons of the wealthier classes. That’s where the problem begins. Minority’s and others from lower socio-economic backgrounds might not have the luxury to pursue a career in the game they love.

It doesn’t have to be this way. Pre-pandemic and I suspect quickly again afterwards, the NFL is awash in money. In the last month, the Patriots shelled out guaranteed money in excess of $70k to 7 players, most of whom will never play a meaningful down in the NFL. Increase the pay and benefits of these entry level positions and maybe introduce a little stability into the situation so someone can pursue their passion for football and still start a family.

You do this, and you’ll get people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds pursuing coaching and personnel jobs in the NFL many of whom will rise through the ranks and become tomorrow’s GMs and HCs. One thing I’ve observed in 50 years of following the NFL; there has never been enough good coaches to go around. I would like to increase the involvement of minorities in NFL coaching because I believe it would improve the quality of coaching which would make the game better.

Define the following for me please: even playing field. Can you elaborate on what you think that is as it regards to NFL coaches and NFL executives. Please be exact.

If you don't understand what it encompasses, no offense but you're either not intelligent enough or aware enough for me to explain it to you.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to teach you an American History lesson. I also don't debate politics online. It's a poor forum for that.
That's something best done over a pint or two in a quiet pub.

If you don't understand what it encompasses, no offense but you're either not intelligent enough or aware enough for me to explain it to you.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to teach you an American History lesson. I also don't debate politics online. It's a poor forum for that.
That's something best done over a pint or two in a quiet pub.
Typical isn't it? Think like me but I won't explain myself. This is wrong but **** off you are a moron if you don't get it. You are a moron. These arguments end up like this because people like you who blast others exist.

Exactly which coaches were not hired on merit and who should have been hired instead?
Joe Judge was hired with extremely little merit behind him...shockingly so, really...

Also noticed that 2 other libtards voted in favor of this affront to commom sense...

The problem needs to be fixed from the bottom to the top. Entry level coaching and scouting positions are horrible jobs - Low pay, long hours and no stability. Subsequently, more often then not the people who take those jobs are people who otherwise have some economic means and stability in their lives to start out. They are the football loving sons of the wealthier classes. That’s where the problem begins. Minority’s and others from lower socio-economic backgrounds might not have the luxury to pursue a career in the game they love.

It doesn’t have to be this way. Pre-pandemic and I suspect quickly again afterwards, the NFL is awash in money. In the last month, the Patriots shelled out guaranteed money in excess of $70k to 7 players, most of whom will never play a meaningful down in the NFL. Increase the pay and benefits of these entry level positions and maybe introduce a little stability into the situation so someone can pursue their passion for football and still start a family.

You do this, and you’ll get people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds pursuing coaching and personnel jobs in the NFL many of whom will rise through the ranks and become tomorrow’s GMs and HCs. One thing I’ve observed in 50 years of following the NFL; there has never been enough good coaches to go around. I would like to increase the involvement of minorities in NFL coaching because I believe it would improve the quality of coaching which would make the game better.
This is the problem

Entry level for coaches is

1. Starting in the NFL if you know someone

2. Starting in college if you know someone

3. Starting in highschool if you know someone

4. volunteering for Pop Warner if you don’t know anyone

It’s ****ing hard as **** to move up and keep advancing. If you start in the NFL you can move down to college to become an OC or something, then try to move back to the NFL laterally.

Joe Judge was hired with extremely little merit behind him...shockingly so, really...
And this is how it went

1. He played at Mississippi state and immediately became an assistant after he graduated. So he used a connection there

2. Then he used that experience to go to Birmingham Southern and pivoted you Alabama

3. Then he got into Alabama and Saban referred him to Belichick

4. He was with the Patriots.

5. Both Belichick and Saban heavily talked him up to the Giants and they hired him as HC

He never coached below the college level and at least 3 of his jobs were basically connections via playing for a team or having two high end respected employers using connections to help him out.

From there you can see why someone might look at that and say “it’s about making the right connections in this fraternity”

Bb would hire 40 black assistant coaches

The Tampa Bay Bucs could possibly have THREE 3rd round comp picks in 2 years.

Typical isn't it? Think like me but I won't explain myself. This is wrong but **** off you are a moron if you don't get it. You are a moron. These arguments end up like this because people like you who blast others exist.

Nope. Just ain't the appropriate place for this. I also hate typing. If I could explain
it to you in a couple sentences I'd do it.
But it would take a lengthy dissertation and I just ain't gonna do that.
The only time I've ever posted in a political thread is in response to a post that is ignorant. Like yours.
So do a little research and you can answer your own questions.

Tomlin was Vikings DC and then became the youngest NFL head coach to win a Superbowl. Stop being dishonest.
Your right, he was a dc for 1 year. my bad. 6-10 team 14 in points allowed.
Flores is an example of what happens to junior white coaches all the time.
Huh?

And Flores has 5 rings more than Joe Judge does. In a major coincidence Flores' GM is another black guy. Even with Flores there are 3 black coaches in the entire league. If you have a problem with Flores this happens all the time with unqualified young white coaches by old white owners or old white GMs. Which is the point.

No. It happens all the time with COACHES. That is the point. There is absolutely no difference in the background and qualifications of white hires vs minority hires. The same practices happen, because teams look at candidates and pick the guy they like best.
12.5% of the population is black, so at this present point in time 3 is one short. The average over recent years has definitively been higher.

He coached 3 years under saban and 8 under belichick. Won 3 SBs.
Of course he had merit, he literally learned from the best there are

And this is how it went

1. He played at Mississippi state and immediately became an assistant after he graduated. So he used a connection there

2. Then he used that experience to go to Birmingham Southern and pivoted you Alabama

3. Then he got into Alabama and Saban referred him to Belichick

4. He was with the Patriots.

5. Both Belichick and Saban heavily talked him up to the Giants and they hired him as HC

He never coached below the college level and at least 3 of his jobs were basically connections via playing for a team or having two high end respected employers using connections to help him out.

From there you can see why someone might look at that and say “it’s about making the right connections in this fraternity”
No. It’s about ability. People who know each other recommend people to each other if they prove themselves. Every coach in America has connections.

No. It’s about ability. People who know each other recommend people to each other if they prove themselves. Every coach in America has connections.
This is laughable. There’s hundreds of capable college HC’s and 60 something NFL coordinators and the special teams guy for the job because 2 guys boosted for him. Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back