PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say this, yes and just want to make clear a ton of the inexperienced white coaches are not the best candidate for the job. Not hired on most merit. Good ole boys.

So inexperienced coaches being hired is the good old boys network? Interesting.

Exactly which coaches were not hired on merit and who should have been hired instead?

You would have a very hard time showing evidence of that.

someone could technically be more qualified but also not a good fit for the direction the organization wants to go.

I would hire someone potentially less qualified if I thought his scheme fit my teams roster better.
That would make them more qualified for the job you are filling.

You would have a very hard time showing evidence of that.

someone could technically be more qualified but also not a good fit for the direction the organization wants to go.

I would hire someone potentially less qualified if I thought his scheme fit my teams roster better.

Not a good fit? Code word for the old white owner feels more comfortable with the 35 year old good ole boy who hasn't accomplished sh-t but the owner feels more "comfortable"

So inexperienced coaches being hired is the good old boys network? Interesting.

Exactly which coaches were not hired on merit and who should have been hired instead?

EricB the OC in KC has led the top offense for 3 years in a row and just won a ring. He's interviewed like 20 times but been passed over for good ole boys . Meanwhile jerkoffs like Zac Taylor, Freddie Kitchens, Kliff Klingsbury get hired?? Also the Vikings DC, Vikings went from 32nd defense to #1 defense four years later. He's been Vikings DC for 6 years. Or Frazier in Buffalo as DC, Bills defense is elite. So 3 off the top of my head

Last edited:
I think what's sad is this isn't remotely close to root cause but interesting you think you've explained it. You don't think a ton of black players want to coach too ?? Wow it's so simple, black people don't want to coach is your logic

They probably want to coach in a similar proportion to whites people.
That’s why they are pretty equally res presented.
What the poster was comparing was a group that is good enough to pursue a career as a player compared to a group that is not and chooses to embark on a coaching career 10 years sooner. Of course they are ahead.

They probably want to coach in a similar proportion to whites people.
That’s why they are pretty equally res presented.
What the poster was comparing was a group that is good enough to pursue a career as a player compared to a group that is not and chooses to embark on a coaching career 10 years sooner. Of course they are ahead.

That's the root cause of why you think it's not a problem. I highly highly doubt only 10% of the people applying for college or NFL coaching jobs are black. I bet a ton of black athletes aspire to coach.

I think what's sad is this isn't remotely close to root cause but interesting you think you've explained it. You don't think a ton of black players want to coach too ?? Wow it's so simple, black people don't want to coach is your logic

I suggest reading it again. Your interpretation is...interesting.

But let's say the number of white folks looking to start coaching careers is dwarfed by the number of people of color looking to do the same. Yet the coaching internships are given to the white candidates disproportionately. Let's conclude there is a racism problem at that level. Shouldn't that be where it is addressed rather than at the HC level?

Regards,
Chris

I'm waiting for someone to propose improving a team's draft position if they start a white player at defensive back.
That’s actually a valid point based on this proposal

I suggest reading it again. Your interpretation is...interesting.

But let's say the number of white folks looking to start coaching careers is dwarfed by the number of people of color looking to do the same. Yet the coaching internships are given to the white candidates disproportionately. Let's conclude there is a racism problem at that level. Shouldn't that be where it is addressed rather than at the HC level?

Regards,
Chris

It's a meandering list of non-logic. Question:

- did you think something similar 20 years ago when there were like zero black QB's? Like it's so obvious, black people simply don't want to be quarterbacks...

Percent of African Americans in USA: 12.6%
Percent of NFL head coaches that are Africa American: 12.5%

(Actual numbers)
I believe some would counter your point with the fact black players probably represent 70% (just a guess) of the players.

But that point would actually be irrelevant and if anyone would like, I can easily explain why.

EricB the OC in KC has led the top offense for 3 years in a row and just won a ring. He's interviewed like 20 times but been passed over for good ole boys . Meanwhile jerkoffs like Zac Taylor, Freddie Kitchens, Kliff Klingsbury get hired?? Also the Vikings DC, Vikings went from 32nd defense to #1 defense four years later.
Seriously?
Bieneny has been an OC for 2 years, and most observers feel Reid runs the offense, which he does. And Mahomes.
Taylor has just take Jared freaking Goff to the SB.
You can prefer one or the other but there is clearly no egregious difference in qualifications.
Kitchens was the OC who had a good year working with the rookie QB and was hired for continuity.
Kingsbury has a much greater experience and resume as an offensive genius than bienemy who had completed one year as Reid’s non play calling OC.
And bienemy hasn’t had 20 interviews but if he had that would be proof that he is being given a very early opportunity.

That's the root cause of why you think it's not a problem. I highly highly doubt only 10% of the people applying for college or NFL coaching jobs are black. I bet a ton of black athletes aspire to coach.
Why do you think that? What % of high school football players do you think are white or black?
THATS the pool.
And, duh, it’s not 12.5% of black athletes want to be coaches, it’s 12.5% of the population is black and they likely want to be coaches just as prevalently as white people.

Not a fan. I think this type of thing needs to be organic, not incentivized or forced

- did you think something similar 20 years ago when there were like zero black QB's? Like it's so obvious, black people simply don't want to be quarterbacks...

There were not zero black qbs 20 years ago.

Seriously?
Bieneny has been an OC for 2 years, and most observers feel Reid runs the offense, which he does. And Mahomes.
Taylor has just take Jared freaking Goff to the SB.
You can prefer one or the other but there is clearly no egregious difference in qualifications.
Kitchens was the OC who had a good year working with the rookie QB and was hired for continuity.
Kingsbury has a much greater experience and resume as an offensive genius than bienemy who had completed one year as Reid’s non play calling OC.
And bienemy hasn’t had 20 interviews but if he had that would be proof that he is being given a very early opportunity.

The Rams didn't make the superbowl bc of their former assistant wide receivers coach and QB coach for 1 year. I think all this discussion is indicative of why it's played out this way. Old white owners rationalize taking random good ole boys who barely accomplished anything due to "fit" or whatever other BS reason. Minority coaches have to do much more for the same chance (or ultimately no chance that materializes)

There were not zero black qbs 20 years ago.

I'm saying it's a similar analogy. A lot of bullsh-t excuses for why people would explain the lack of black QBs

You think the scenarios are similar?

Regards,
Chris

Maybe brush up that reading comprehension and make a good faithed representation of what I said. What I presented is not even close to what jimmy the Greek said

That wasn't aimed at you. While reading his post it reminded me of the Jimmy the Greek incident.

The Rams didn't make the superbowl bc of their former assistant wide receivers coach and QB coach for 1 year. I think all this discussion is indicative of why it's played out this way. Old white owners rationalize taking random good ole boys who barely accomplished anything due to "fit" or whatever other BS reason. Minority coaches have to do much more for the same chance (or ultimately no chance that materializes)
You are inserting your opinion as fact.
You said MORE QUALIFIED. There is absolutely no certainty of argument that bienemy was more qualified than Taylor.

You are just throwing things out there that are not accurate.
If you think one off examples prove anything then how does Tomlin, herm Edwards and Flores get hc jobs as minorities without even ever being a coordinator?
You literally are implying the bengals are racist after keeping Marvin Lewis around for 20 years without a playoff win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes