PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is the NFL going to use a 1/32nd rule? So, say, the Jets hire a white supremacist who eats Nazi cornflakes for breakfast. That doesn't sound too diverse. But let's just add the fact the guy had a black great grandfather - does that suddenly count as a diversity hire?

I'll never watch another game if that happens. What a stupid ****ing idea.

DIsclaimer. I rarely watch football these days anyway.
At this point, if there is a season it will be more about speculating who will develop an illness than cheering the actual game. Let's just call the corona the game within the game.

This Leftist Social Justice crap has gone way too far. They are trying to fight "racism" by being the biggest racists themselves. The NFL has gone insane to even consider this nonsense.

True...But I'm still not hiring someone with only 5 years of legit NFL Coordinator (and Special Teams at that) experience as my next HC, especially after the disastrous Bennie Mac experiment.
You hire the guy not the resume.

I would bet that Ring6 honestly thinks people like Donald Jr and his brother Eric earned all their business opportunities and jobs too, out of merit

Do they work for the NFL, Mr. Red Herring?

Percent of African Americans in USA: 12.6%
Percent of NFL head coaches that are Africa American: 12.5%

(Actual numbers)
I don't think the proposal is a very good idea, but this right here is nonsense. How about mentioning that the percentage of actual people playing in the NFL who are African-American is almost 70 percent.

Honestly I think the profession is about competition and the cream rises to the top. I think the best man gets hired and opportunities abound. I don’t think you need a finger on the scale.

Yeah, that clearly explains all the fine NFL coaches there are manning the ranks.

@rochrist Going back disliking posts and hiding with zero rebuttal. Some kind of man. Stay triggered my friend.

I don't think the proposal is a very good idea, but this right here is nonsense. How about mentioning that the percentage of actual people playing in the NFL who are African-American is almost 70 percent.

so what? Do you think the percentage of coaches who are African American should be close to the percentage of players that are too? Who cares

so what? Do you think the percentage of coaches who are African American should be close to the percentage of players that are too? Who cares
This is the attitude that allows inequities to persist. The "F-you, I got mine" mentality is a sickness that needs to be cured.

The percent of players has exactly nothing to do with the percent of coaches. They’re 2 different jobs. Obviously only players that qualify to play are on the roster. But being qualified to play has nothing to do with being qualified to coach.

So let’s keep percent of players out of the discussion

This is the attitude that allows inequities to persist. The "F-you, I got mine" mentality is a sickness that needs to be cured.

so valid questions are “f you, I got mine attitude.” amazing.

Accounting for 70 percent of the leagues players and being 1 coach away from having 13 percent of the head coaching positions (A.A. Make up 13 percent of the population)

How many nfl head coaches should be African American?

so valid questions are “f you, I got mine attitude.” amazing.

Accounting for 70 percent of the leagues players and being 1 coach away from having 13 percent of the head coaching positions (A.A. Make up 13 percent of the population)

How many nfl head coaches should be African American?
It does not take a genius to see that the numbers don't make sense, just because I don't have an answer to what they should be doesnt mean I can't see there is a problem.

Obviously the NFL thinks there is a problem too.

It does not take a genius to see that the numbers don't make sense, just because I don't have an answer to what they should be doesnt mean I can't see there is a problem.

So I’m supposed to believe the owners are rayyyyycizzzzzt when

• They are paying African Americans players millions of dollars to win games and bring in profits
  • But because of their Raycizzzzzzzm, they believe that blacks can’t coach as well as whites so they hire a white guy?
That seems like the only explanation you could be jumping at. You’re going to need a lot more evidence than their being 3 black coaches for me to buy that one

Look it. Higher draft picks are a reward for not being good. Teams that aren't very good probably need new coaches as GMs. Good teams are less likely to need coaches or GMs so it's even more rigged against them. So now lets reward an organization that hasn't been very good even more with better draft picks. Whatever, the new guy better take advantage of the draft picks or they'll be gone regardless of color......unless they come up with another incentive to not fire coaches....

• They are paying African Americans players millions of dollars to win games and bring in profits
  • But because of their Raycizzzzzzzm, they believe that blacks can’t coach as well as whites so they hire a white guy?
That seems like the only explanation you could be jumping at. You’re going to need a lot more evidence than their being 3 black coaches for me to buy that one

This post is pretty good evidence.

Yeah, that clearly explains all the fine NFL coaches there are manning the ranks.
It’s a competitive job. You have winners and losers. That’s a fact of life. The 32nd best man in the world at it will get his ass handed to him.

What numbers would make sense?

I Never made that claim.

What numbers would make sense?
70% of players are African American. With such high participation, it it clear that more than 12% would be coaches. I have no idea what the number should be, but it should be higher than it is currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back