PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it decidedly inconvenient.

upload_2020-5-19_17-31-45.jpeg

Last edited:
But if you believe in fairness, you shouldn't like a proposal that would have teams moved down a spot in the draft simply because someone else hired a coach and/or of the right skin color. Sure, we're only talking about one spot in the 3rd round, but again, I don't see the fairness in that.

I have no issue with the modified Rooney rule that was passed, but I can see a possible scenario where it would be overkill.

Obviously this example isn't likely, but let's say Andy Reid has some medical issues before the season begins and decides to step down. The Chiefs name Eric Bieniemy interim HC, who then leads KC to a 19-0 season, shattering records along the way. They now won't be able to name his as the new permanent HC until they interview one more minority candidate. Again, this isn't likely, but it would just be ridiculous they can't instantly offer him the job.
You seem reasonable and willing to explore a positive solution to this imbalance, I applaud that. I stated in my post that I like the idea, but I also stated that it is not perfect. I believe these type of discussions is what is needed to improve society. I'm not saying everything has to be equal, but there needs to be real analysis of these issues to make sure we are not creating unfair situations that lead to these types of imbalances in our society.

Different name .. .same style and obsessions .......:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

You seem reasonable and willing to explore a positive solution to this imbalance, I applaud that. I stated in my post that I like the idea, but I also stated that it is not perfect. I believe these type of discussions is what is needed to improve society. I'm not saying everything has to be equal, but there needs to be real analysis of these issues to make sure we are not creating unfair situations that lead to these types of imbalances in our society.

There will always be imbalances in our society. Has any society ever existed without imbalances? Disparities existing is not evidence of some type of unjust discriminatory behavior.

I love all the people worried about "fairness" ... in the NFL.

There's like 5 combined black coaches and GMs in a league where blacks make up 70% of the players.

That's a lot more egregious than moving up a spot or two in the 3rd round.

What if we go with 20% black players, 20% white, 20% east Asian, 20% Polynesian and 20% Latino? Screw meritocracy. The league coaching pool then has to reflect those percentages exactly, and we also have to have a few women and LBGQTQZRABCDEI candidates thrown in as well. Will that be less "egregious" to you, or does merit-based evaluation only apply to the players' side?

Get over it baby.

I am speaking only of facts. You are the one who faces a fact you don’t like, and can not refute so you attack the messenger. Low class, low intellect thing to do. If the shoe fits.

"It starts at childhood when african american children get in trouble more for doing the same things as white kids, they don't get called on in class, their role models are different, they have different dreams...the police hassle them for walking down the street, they get followed by security in stores, they cannot get jobs because they aren't named Steve or Jen even though they have exactly the same resumes, they cannot rent an apartment because that landlord doesn't rent to african americans, they can't get mortgages for "reasons."
You claim these are all lies and exaggerations. You deal in facts, so of course you have citations to back up your ********. Right?

"It starts at childhood when african american children get in trouble more for doing the same things as white kids, they don't get called on in class, their role models are different, they have different dreams...the police hassle them for walking down the street, they get followed by security in stores, they cannot get jobs because they aren't named Steve or Jen even though they have exactly the same resumes, they cannot rent an apartment because that landlord doesn't rent to african americans, they can't get mortgages for "reasons."
You claim these are all lies and exaggerations. You deal in facts, so of course you have citations to back up your ********. Right?

Don't ever quote the Nunch...it hurts your argument. I must have missed the facts the Nunch referenced. A lot of "theys" and "thems" (which some may find insulting), but not a huge number of "facts".

You aren’t honestly telling me you consider THAT to be fact based are you?
There are literally no reasons that a mortgage is ever decided by race. There are laws and government monitoring systems specifically to ensure that can’t happen and no mortgage lender would ever deny a qualified candidate, they spend money to market and pay employees based upon volume. That is an outright lie. There are laws preventing landlords from not renting to African Americans. Please show me something to back up that African Americans can’t rent an apartment.
I’m sure there is an exhaustive study about getting hired because your name is Steve. millions of black people walk down the street without being hassled by police or security guards. There is no evidence they don’t get called in in school or get in trouble for the same things who’re kids do. This is someone writing a story they made up. Don’t insult people’s intelligence and tell me you think this is based upon evidence and fact.

African Americans face adversity and prejudice in their life and the high rate of poverty makes it more challenging for them as a group. This simply does not mean you can make up any story you want and pretend someone who calls out the ridiculousness of it is wrong. Next I am sure you will call me racist, because that’s the playbook right?

Duplicate

I see that Ring6 is at it again, taking the high road while his detractors go low. It's like he's the John Wick of Patsfans and needs to call the cleaner.

There are literally no reasons that a mortgage is ever decided by race. There are laws and government monitoring systems specifically to ensure that can’t happen and no mortgage lender would ever deny a qualified candidate, they spend money to market and pay employees based upon volume. That is an outright lie. There are laws preventing landlords from not renting to African Americans. Please show me something to back up that African Americans can’t rent an apartment.
I’m sure there is an exhaustive study about getting hired because your name is Steve. millions of black people walk down the street without being hassled by police or security guards. There is no evidence they don’t get called in in school or get in trouble for the same things who’re kids do. This is someone writing a story they made up. Don’t insult people’s intelligence and tell me you think this is based upon evidence and fact.

African Americans face adversity and prejudice in their life and the high rate of poverty makes it more challenging for them as a group. This simply does not mean you can make up any story you want and pretend someone who calls out the ridiculousness of it is wrong. Next I am sure you will call me racist, because that’s the playbook right?
You're a laugh riot. Literally, a laugh riot.

You're a laugh riot. Literally, a laugh riot.
You took comments some dude wrote on a message board, making them up, acted as if there was a burden of proof to disprove made up things, I do it any way and you go back to the only arrow in your quiver, attacking the person who makes the argument you know you can’t refute but don’t have the intellectual integrity to admit to.
You should be embarrassed.

That really has to be explained to you, huh?
Can you answer the question or not? Football is a business and the qualifications for playing the game don’t determine the qualifications of being a head coach.

Was Larry Bird a great coach? Did he win any championships? Teams don’t want adequate or qualified coaches, they want championship coaches.

The fact is, 70% of the coaches in the NFL shouldn’t be African American just because 70% of the players are.

Next question: what do you think of affirmative action and racial quotas?
They’re counter productive for all concerned

It’s like giving poor people a weekly check to solve poverty.

This is why your posts are a joke. if you googled each faulking point I posted, you would see hundreds of supporting articles. But you choose to shoot from the hip....faulking ridiculous.

There will always be imbalances in our society. Has any society ever existed without imbalances? Disparities existing is not evidence of some type of unjust discriminatory behavior.

You try to fix those imbalances.....like using corporate subsidies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes