PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that members we rarely see, pop up in threads like this. It’s like wild dogs getting the scent of fresh meat! :rofl::D
You sound awfully chipper today. You must've gotten one of those rare atta boys from the old man. I'm happy for you.

How is it that members we rarely see, pop up in threads like this. It’s like wild dogs getting the scent of fresh meat! :rofl::D
Truer words were never spoken.

everything

In other words you have no answer, because the truth is neither side of the political spectrum cares about your definition of democracy. Both sides are driven by self-interest, not democratic ideals.

In other words you have no answer, because the truth is neither side of the political spectrum cares about your definition of democracy. Both sides are driven by self-interest, not democratic ideals.

I gave you an answer, and your whataboutism is a crock of poo

I love these topics, it is very stimulating for me, in a PG rated kind of way.

Why do you think this is a good idea?
I believe in fairness, and in my opinion this will make the playing field a bit more level. I implied earlier in the thread that I took the poll literal. It asked if I like "this idea", which generally I do, but I think there is room for improvement. But I think it has people thinking about the possible these types of inequities and I am always in favor of seeing people think about addressing problems/perceived problems.

I believe in fairness, and in my opinion this will make the playing field a bit more level. I implied earlier in the thread that I took the poll literal. It asked if I like "this idea", which generally I do, but I think there is room for improvement. But I think it has people thinking about the possible these types of inequities and I am always in favor of seeing people think about addressing problems/perceived problems.
So you dont think that the best person for the job is getting the jobs in this case perhaps because of their skin color and an added incentive for a team to just remove skin color from the equation is fair.

Well let’s just make things up. That’s a better way right? Half of what you wrote is a lie and the other a wild exaggeration.
You are an idiot.

Interesting press release from the League which I think impacts NE in a couple ways. The release reads in part:

"The resolution changes the current Anti-Tampering Policy by establishing a system that prohibits a club from denying 1) an assistant coach the opportunity to interview with a new team for a bona fide Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, or Special Teams Coordinator position; (2) a non-high-level/non-secondary football executive from interviewing for a bona fide Assistant General Manager position. In either case, a contract could not be negotiated or signed until after the conclusion of the employer club's playing season; and 3) requires all clubs submit in writing an organizational reporting structure for the coaching staff with job descriptions for any coach who is a coordinator or co-coordinator within that structure. The resolution also requires that any dispute regarding whether the new team is offering a "bona fide" position will be submitted promptly to the Commissioner, whose determination shall be final, binding and not subject to further review."

I like these rules (not the change to the Rooney Rule, just the changes I've outlined above). I've always thought an assistant should be free to accept a promotion to coordinator elsewhere. (Under the old rules, you were only free to accept a promotion to HC). Also, it is interesting to note that teams have to formally declare the organizational structure of the coaching staff. So it looks like the days of not having an official defensive coordinator are numbered.

How did you find time to make an actual post? Don't you have your rounds of 'dislikes' to do?
Piss off. I've made 10x the number of posts you have.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet (I skipped over the last couple of pages), but the 2-Minute Drill on Sirius/XM radio's NFL channel this morning announced that the Rooney Rule has been updated to demand that teams now include At Least Two non-whites during any HC searches - and at least one NW during any Coordinator search...

I like this idea better than the previous one we've been discussing...

It’s really a shame they can’t just do a hiring freeze on white candidates for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back