PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get the feeling that this FA period is just going to be a giant wet one. Makes our lack of a first round pick that worse.

Step away from the ledge. Free Agency hasn't even officially started

Last edited:
Lamar Miller won't be back in Miami. I bet he gets $6m/per from some team

I definitely agree with you. While so many here will downplay the cost of RBs, there's no doubt that the market picked back up quite nicely last year.

I would fully expect guys like Miller and Martin to fetch something around the 6m dollar a year range, as you've stated. I wouldn't be surprised if Martin goes a bit higher in the 6.5--7m dollar range.

I'd love to have players like that who are dual threats. Perhaps someone like Forte or even CJ Anderson finds his way here on a cheaper deal. It's just hard for me to imagine Belichick paying more than a few million a year to anyone at that position due to the RBBC approach.

I was thinking about it the other way. Signing a guard to be their left tackle?!

Now, he did play left tackle in college and filled in there this past season, but that's a heck of a projection to expect him to do it full time. If he's getting $10 million a year, then I'd expect that it's to play left tackle. Like you say, that's too much for a guard.
I think BB would agree. That was Logan Mankins 2 years ago.

I'm surprised by the lack of rumors or anything surrounding the Pats about free agency. I know they most likely have plans brewing behind the scenes, just a little surprised we haven't heard much of anything.

I'm surprised by the lack of rumors or anything surrounding the Pats about free agency. I know they most likely have plans brewing behind the scenes, just a little surprised we haven't heard much of anything.
BB keeping his crew especially tight-lipped this year, lol.

Tight liped and usually wait until a week or two in to make moves

This year sucks. There's been zero hype about anything since the AFCCG.

This year sucks. There's been zero hype about anything since the AFCCG.

Just the calm before the storm. I think you'll be surprised at some of the moves the team pulls off in FA. The Pats are usually quiet at the very outset of FA, save a couple of instances.

and usually wait until a week or two in to make moves
That's just blatanly incorrect

Off the top of my head Sheard, Revis and Amendola were all signed within the 1st day and there have been numerous signings within the first few days of free agency

Last year, IIRC, they were quiet admist the onset of FA, losing Revis etc., then pounced on Sheard on Day 2, which turned out swimmingly for the team.

I would not be surprised if they can get a similar caliber player for good value again this year, and then make a few under the radar signings, before turning their sights towards the draft.

Bottom line is, this team is loaded, once one factors in the IR players, with only a few areas of reinforcements needed to shore up depth/challenge for starting spots at RB and WR.

Last edited:
Yeah...but........Josh Boyce.

:D

let's put the band back together, sign both Rolando McClain and Courtney Upshaw!

I think McClain could be a great stealth signing, if he can screw his head on right. Put him back into a system he knows with his old buddy Donta.

Upshaw might be out of the Pat's price range.

let's put the band back together, sign both Rolando McClain and Courtney Upshaw!

I think McClain could be a great stealth signing, if he can screw his head on right. Put him back into a system he knows with his old buddy Donta.

Upshaw might be out of the Pat's price range.

I really think McClain is a real possibility. He was close to signing last year and now the Pats have a need for a #3 LB

Are we really complaining about the Patriots not doing anything in free agency before it even started? Even when they do make signings, it isn't usually in the first few days that are largely decided by this tampering period.

I really think McClain is a real possibility. He was close to signing last year and now the Pats have a need for a #3 LB

It makes a lot of sense, but I'm not so sure the price will be so cheap. He signed two prove it deals in a row, and by all accounts has proven it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes