PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
McClain played something like 85% of the Cowboys' defensive snaps in games where he was active. He wouldn't come anywhere close to that with the Patriots unless Hightower or Collins misses the entire season. It's hard to have the best offer when he's a starter to another team but a pure backup against most opponents for the Pats.

Just the calm before the storm. I think you'll be surprised at some of the moves the team pulls off in FA. The Pats are usually quiet at the very outset of FA, save a couple of instances.
Not saying necessarily the Patriots but, the entire NFL in general has kinda gone quiet since the Pats lost. Just nobody cares about the Broncos winning.

I really think McClain is a real possibility. He was close to signing last year and now the Pats have a need for a #3 LB
Cousin, Let me wet your appetite for Zack Brown. 26 Years old. Can play ILB and OLB. 4.54 40 which would make he and Collins two of the fastest LBs in the league. Very under the radar. Excellent in coverage. Buried on a bad Titans team. Would up in a rotation with Woodard. Still made 77 Tackles and 2 INTS. He was coming back from injury from the previous year (pectoral)

I might just put him on end and let him rush. Speed kills! In his rookie year he had 5.5 sacks and 3 INTs.2 for TDs. Kid is a playmaker.

I am also curious about Jon Bostic. Why did they make that trade? He has tools. 4.61 40 and 6.99 3 cone. Said he had ankle and back stuff going on but in 2014 had 83 tackles. Maybe we already have that 3rd LB? He was the 5oth player selected in the 2013 Draft (2nd rounder). He played very little last year but was on the 53 for 11 games. I am optimistic about him.Was he rehabbing? Was he basically red shirting?

DW Toys

Cousin, Let me wet your appetite for Zack Brown. 26 Years old. Can play ILB and OLB. 4.54 40 which would make he and Collins two of the fastest LBs in the league. Very under the radar. Excellent in coverage. Buried on a bad Titans team. Would up in a rotation with Woodard. Still made 77 Tackles and 2 INTS. He was coming back from injury from the previous year (pectoral)

I might just put him on end and let him rush. Speed kills! In his rookie year he had 5.5 sacks and 3 INTs.2 for TDs. Kid is a playmaker.

I am also curious about Jon Bostic. Why did they make that trade? He has tools. 4.61 40 and 6.99 3 cone. Said he had ankle and back stuff going on but in 2014 had 83 tackles. Maybe we already have that 3rd LB? He was the 5oth player selected in the 2013 Draft (2nd rounder). He played very little last year but was on the 53 for 11 games. I am optimistic about him.Was he rehabbing? Was he basically red shirting?

DW Toys
Can you email this to BB and Caserio?

DW Toys

Bostic is the classic example of the "works out like Tarzan; plays like Jane" phenomenon. Out here in Chicago, his lack of physicality was vexing to a lot of fans. Maybe he can turn it around in the Patriots system, but I will not be holding my breath waiting for such a scenario to unfold in 2016.

Last edited:
@Rand_Getlin
For those interested in whether Calvin Johnson will retire or return for another year, the #Lions expect a decision around noon today.

Osemele is a Raider.

Holy smokes the Raiders have quite the O-line being built.

Osemele is a Raider.

Holy smokes the Raiders have quite the O-line being built.

They have a lot of money to spend. Way more than the pats.

They have a lot of money to spend. Way more than the pats.
They have so much that they almost have to spend it in order to meet the cap requirement, though they should be considering saving $ for future extensions of Carr, Cooper, Mack, etc.

I wish Oakland didn't already have Carr so they could overpay Brockwesiler.

@JasonColeBR
#Dolphins nearing a deal with DE Mario Williams on a new deal. May be worth roughly $8M per year. May allow team to cut DE Cam Wake.

@JasonColeBR
#Dolphins nearing a deal with DE Mario Williams on a new deal. May be worth roughly $8M per year. May allow team to cut DE Cam Wake.
Lol they can go ahead and do this. I do think Mario has something left but it's not improving their team, since they'll go to lose Wake and Vernon. It really just makes him a replacement.

Bill should be on the phone with Wake the second he hits the market if this is the case.
Wouldn't be surprised if he did do this. Classic BB move.

I just heard on ESPN radio that Megatron is officially retiring.

DW Toys

I don't know if he was rehabbing or what, but he was garbage when he got late season snaps.

I just heard on ESPN radio that Megatron is officially retiring.

That sucks, was hoping DET would have had to just release him so Pats would have an open shot at him.

Osemele now reportedly received 11 million a year. Calvin Johnson retires.

Marvin Jones will get 8M+. Any decent WR will get 5M+. Really want to see BB's plan at the position...

The presentation of the off-season Lamar Hunt trophy will be at noon eastern on ESPN as the Dolphins are expected to win their third in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes