PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol they can go ahead and do this. I do think Mario has something left but it's not improving their team, since they'll go to lose Wake and Vernon. It really just makes him a replacement.

Wake is 34 coming back from a torn achilles.

Williams is 31 and isn't..

I could see why they would make the move..

Cutting Wake for Williams cap wise is a lateral move. Cutting Wake frees up $8m. Which is what is being reported around what Williams will make per year

On paper, that IOL is beastly...

They're almost certainly playing him at LT when Penn leaves. The talk all offseason has been that Osemele is "ready to switch", and has allegedly already proven it. I don't doubt him, he's a real good OL, but I do have my reservations.

The presentation of the off-season Lamar Hunt trophy will be at noon eastern on ESPN as the Dolphins are expected to win their third in a row.

Since it is the offseason, perhaps the trophy should be called the Hamar Lunt instead?

It's only fitting, given that the recipient is the 2 time defending champion LOLphins... :D

They're almost certainly playing him at LT when Penn leaves. The talk all offseason has been that Osemele is "ready to switch", and has allegedly already proven it. I don't doubt him, he's a real good OL, but I do have my reservations.

Yeah, for the money they are purported to be paying him, I would think that a switch to LT is a good possibility.

Osemele now reportedly received 11 million a year. Calvin Johnson retires.

Marvin Jones will get 8M+. Any decent WR will get 5M+. Really want to see BB's plan at the position...

He has to have one. The team needs at least two wideouts. Jones, at least IMO, would be a perfect fit in this offense.

He has to have one. The team needs at least two wideouts. Jones, at least IMO, would be a perfect fit in this offense.

Agreed on both points. Sadly, judging by these contracts:

Osemele: 11 M/yr
Allen TE: 7.2 M/yr
Barksdale RT: 5.5 M/yr

The market will push Marvin into dumb prices.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Like I said earlier, I have a bad feeling about this FA period already.

Yeah, the numbers on these contracts being floated around are conspicous. Granted, it is still early, but every indication points to players values being driven quite a bit up.

If people are still talking about bringing Moss back now, how many years will we be hearing his name brought up? I'm going to say at least 6, probably closer to 7 or 8.

If Johnson truly wanted to play again, he would have forced the Lions hand and made them cut him, because he retired they still own his rights, so I would say that he is done with football.

I agree about Jones...but probably not at the price he will end up going for. He will be overpaid but i wonder by how much

Haven't heard Fortes name at all. Have seen Ivory Miller and Martin getting interest...at least from Raps tweet about how today could be about RBs

Like someone said does it mean more of a one team relationship type thing

@MikeGarafolo
Raiders making strong push for OL Kelechi Osemele. I'd call them the favorites. As I tweeted earlier, it'll be for more than $10m per year.

10 million a year for a guard?

If we want to upgrade WR, it'll have to be through trade. FA already has reached a nutty level.

$10MM/yr is basically what both Brady and Gronk make, right? It doesn't make sense to me.

$10MM/yr is basically what both Brady and Gronk make, right? It doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah but those two are huge bargains. Not really a good example.

This year sucks. There's been zero hype about anything since the AFCCG.

You mean hype like the beginning of 2015? May you live in interesting times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back