SOURCE:Boston Herald

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

NFL Draft: Day 2

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Brady_Moss, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,121
    Just wondering as this comes 'round every draft: why the HELL is "upside" always used for "potential"? :mad: Is that Mayock's doing? What is wrong with the word potential? Are three syllables too much for folks to handle? %#@*/!!!!! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,185
    I forgot about the Ben Watson rumors. Phew! I feel better now :):)

3. FoxboroFlyer

FoxboroFlyer In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,553
    NFLN pretty much confirmed. "It's not fair" if the Patriots get Rudolph. Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. skinnydog

skinnydog Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +871
    Yeah, I thought they’d go get a tight end. Maybe, they just realize there is no way to replace Gronk and have decided to concentrate on other positions. Or maybe Bennet will set aside the bong and come back and play with his brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FoxboroFlyer

Ratings:
    +2,553
    How bout Mayock on camera with his goofy ass raiders cap? Lol! He's such a tool. Lost a lot of respect for that guy when he took that job.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. scott99

scott99 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,279
    HE HATES THIS DRAFT, HE HATES (INSERT POSITION HERE) circa 2000-2019

NOBODY, I mean NOBODY runs the draft like the Pats. And I don’t mean that in a good way. In spots 56 & 64, which they had, went WRs Mecole Hardman and DK Metcalf, giving KC (a rival) Hardman, basically giving them a Tyreek Hill replacement. Parris Campbell, who’s better, went 59.

In the 3rd round, trading with Chicago, made them lose a chance at the last elite TE (Sternberger), who went 2 picks after Chicago’s pick. Choosing RB Damien Harris, they bypassed WR Miles Boykin and TE Dawson Knox, AND missed out on QB Will Grier. I literally feel Belichick does better in UDFA than the draft.

THIS LITERALLY HAPPENS EVERY YEAR, and some knucklehead always says the same thing, oh, he must HATE the TEs in this draft. But every year, he ignores the TEs, and a bunch of them become good to great TEs that COULD’VE helped the Pats.

Watch him get a DB better than JoeSlow Williams in the 7th round or UDFA. IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR. Typical 2nd round wasted nonsense on a position that’s not needed. Already had 10 CBs. Duck Dawson last year, JoeSlow Williams this year

That being said. I can’t argue with the yearly results, 3 SB wins in the last 5 years, 4 SB appearances the last 5 years.

BUT, and this is major, BRADY IS GOING TO BE 42, GRONK IS GONE. Brady’s weapons are very thin as far as quality.

Edelman, Dorsett & a rookie are our top 3 WRs, EVERY ONE ELSE IS TRASH OR MAJOR question marks. THIS WAS THE YEAR TO HIT ON WRs, EXTREMELY deep WR class.

ASJ, who is made out of glass, is our top TE on a ONE YEAR contract. Everyone else is trash, ANOTHER GOOD TO GREAT TE class ignored.

I can’t imagine this is sustainable. No Gronk replacement (at least a pass catching TE with a long range plan), and passing on top receivers when WR depth on this team is weak, is a crime with the amount of picks they had, and where the picks were AND the incredible depth of the WR class. And nobody can tell me EVERY QB CLASS SUCKS. You HAVE to make a move QB wise, we already saw the decline from an MVP season to just a top 10 season from Brady in just one year, now his receiving corps is worse (and possible further decline, it’s inevitable). You can’t keep ignoring the QB, TE (a desperate need THIS YEAR) and an EXTREMELY deep WR class.

You guys can flame me all you want, I don’t give a ****. DOING THIS, every year, eventually bites them in the ass.

I do like some of the players drafted, will root for every one of them. But as always, it’ll hurt me watching Brady scan the field and only seeing Edelman as his only option, when they could’ve helped him with more weapons. Let’s face it, Brady’s only REAL downfield options late in the season were Edelman and Gronk. It’s like Belichick is trying to sabotage Brady, and Brady says, **** you, I’ll win anyway with a 33 year old slot man and no Gronk.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. UFGatorPat

UFGatorPat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,016
    When was that? I can’t recall. He was a bit immature early in his career, and was a really poor tackler, but he turned both of those around significantly.

8. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,185
    No I don't. If BB thought any of the viably attainable TE's weren't going to fit then probably best none were picked. And, fyi, I was over dramatizing posts for the comedy (attempted:)) comedy effect.
    But draft or not, the TE spot, currently, is astoundingly, overtly bad. For anyone who wants to see the Patriots win the SB, that should be raising a pretty big red flag of concern (with the hope it's adequately addressed by non draft roster building).

• Like Like x 2
  9. PYPER

PYPER Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +181
    Personally, I love the draft we've had. I seem to be in rare company but I love all the trades BB does. We started the draft with 5 picks in first 3 rounds and ended up picking 5 players in first 3 rounds but also substantially improved our draft positioning in round 4 (3 Picks!!!) and also added a 4th rounder in 2020.

We've always found gems with late round picks through the years (Givens, Edelman, Cassel, Brady!!!) and the key to the draft seems to be quantity. The more picks you have, the more chances you have to hit. People don't seem to understand BB's approach but it has enabled two separate and distinct back-2-back dynasties to exist without ever dipping below the 10 win plateau (2009). The wizardry in which BB manipulates the draft, free agency, and trade opportunities is a major contributor to our success over the past 18 years.

For those of you who constantly complain about the trade downs... Get a clue! Seriously!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  10. manxman2601

manxman2601 Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +26,722
    Something some of the ‘in the knows’ on twitter are saying. There’s go to be something there unless it’s that people aren’t sure where to play him.

11. Bombdog

Bombdog On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +352
    Easton Stick will be the pick the kid is a winner. Guess we will find out tomorrow

12. FoxboroFlyer

Ratings:
    +2,553
    It's gonna be a chore replacing 87. No doubt. The offense will have to morph into something else until they find it. I think that's why Harry was drafted. He's gonna get a lot of would be Gronk passes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +33,121
    I just about fell over after hearing about Mayock and Gruden sending all the Raiders scouts home for doing crappy pre-draft work. It doesn't seem those two can get anyone on the same page with them, including players.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. rochrist

rochrist Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +7,815
    Yeah, but he's the most productive WR in Cornhusker history, first 1000 yard season in school history, great 3 cone time, and a polished route runner. Plus he's 6'1. Might as well continue the trend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. rochrist

Ratings:
    +7,815
    I understood it was because of all the leaking that was happening.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. scott99

scott99 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,279
    There’s no way they will make three 4th round picks tomorrow. Maybe one 4th round pick. The others will be traded for 5ths, 6ths, and three more 7ths.

17. 50-yard-line

50-yard-line In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,306
    I Know!!!!!! IMAGINE if the had TAKEN Boykin, Hardman, Campbell, AND Metcalf to go with Harry! We could LINE UP SEVEN, count 'em SEVEN!!!!!!, WRs and even eight if Gordon comes back.

Stop that line-up, KC!

Your post edited to cut to the chase. Should have stopped right there (unless my sarcasm meter is broken).

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. rochrist

Ratings:
    +7,815
    Speculation that Minn getting Irv Smith might free up Rudolph. They're supposedly pretty hard up financially right not and might want to get rid of his contract.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. LJRomanoff

LJRomanoff Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,305
    Or maybe after Hockenson they were all average talents at best and better players were available at other positions. Plus if they want a blocking TE, Moreau is still available.

20. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +33,121
    So you're a glass-half-empty guy, eh?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1