SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Chiefs
Sun
Dec 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Loss
Sunday night's loss in Houston was tough, leaving the Patriots with questions heading into this week's showdown against the Chiefs

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

NFL Draft: Day 2

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Brady_Moss, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Brady_Moss

Brady_Moss On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +428
    Ok, so with the 32nd pick, we take N'Keal Harry. What do we do with the 56th and 64th pick? Trade? Double dip at WR? Go for a TE?

At this point, if we do go for another WR, I wouldn't be mad at a possible trade up for AJ Brown, sit at 56th and 64th for Deebo Samuel, or even Riley Ridley...Or TE Irv Smith/Kahale Warring

Thoughts...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. manxman2601

manxman2601 Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +26,722
    1.There are four interesting TEs if you discount Irv: Sternberger/Oliver/Warring/Knox although I also like Sample.

2.I’m hoping for a speedier WR tomorrow. McLaurin is my guy but Isabella and Hardman count too. I wouldn’t entirely discount the upside of Boykin, or the safe hands of Diontae Johnson or Stanley Morgan/Cody Thompson (day 3)
    3. On defense, Joejuan Williams,Juan Thornhill, Khalen Saunders, Anthony Nelson, Zach Allen are all amongst my favourites

4. And then there’s OL. Got to think Dalton Risner goes early tomorrow but there’s still Cody Ford, Greg Little and Juwuan James so who knows. Might be the option at 56.

Lots of possibilities.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. 50-yard-line

50-yard-line In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,349
    Day 2? My wish list

OT: Ford, Taylor, and Little
    IOL: Dieter and Risner
    WR: AJ Brown, Deebo, Ridley, Hardman
    DE: Zach Allan, Anthony Nelson
    DT: Rennel Wren, Dre'mont Jones
    LB: Mack Wilson
    CB: Rock Ya Sin, Joejuan Williams
    S: CGJ, Rapp
    TE: I gave up a long time ago trying to sort this group

If the Pats got 3-5 of these guys tomorrow, I'd be dancing.

I really hope they get Ford, Ridley, Mack Wilson and one of the DE's.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  4. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,368
    Greg Little and JoeJuan would make me happy.

Irv Smith or Jace Sternberger.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,711
    The way the board shook down with defense I’ll be hoping for Zach Allen at 56 or a trade up. Don’t want to be iced out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Flash

Flash Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,161
    I don't think either Jawaan Taylor or Greg Little will drop to our first 2nd round pick, but if somehow at least one of them is available we have to go for them first.

If not OT, I think we have to get at least one of Zach Allen and Anthony Nelson in the 2nd round. With N'Keal Harry drafted DE just became our biggest need (and TE). Then I would go for AJ Brown if by miracle he's still there or Andy Isabella.

As for a TE, I think one of Sternberger, Warring, Irv, Knox, at least one of them will be available in the 3rd so I don't think we need to use a 2nd to draft a TE. I think Warring has the highest ceiling among those guys so I would draft him with a 3rd round pick.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  7. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,711
    So much talent available tomorrow. So lucky to have so many picks.

• Agree Agree x 11
  8. manxman2601

Ratings:
    +26,722
    There are four OTs still on the board plus two quality centers and there’ll be a slieu of CBs going tomorrow. I don’t think we’ll have to trade up too far for an OT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,450
    At this point I'd like to stay away from WR.

Edelman/Harry/Dorsett is fine. Add in potentially Thomas and Gordon and that core looks ready to go. I don't want to spend another high pick on a WR who may get stuck behind other guys. If they want another WR I say pick them in round 4 or next year. I consider WR addressed. If they didn't use a first rounder on it I may not feel that way, but they did so I'm all for moving on and looking at other spots.

Round 2 and 3 is about OL/TE/DL/S and maybe QB if guys fall.

I'd like to leave with any number of players.

At TE my main targets are Sternberger and Warring with a lot of other players I'd be interested in as a consolation prize in guys like Knox and Oliver wouldn't be bad (just not good IMO).

At OL I have no idea. I didn't do much research but it be nice to grab one.

At DL Dre'mont Jones/Zach Allen are the most Patriots like options and probably the best players left at their positions.

At S it's still pretty loaded. Thornhill/Gardner-Johnson/Rapp are my favs.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Patspurs

Patspurs Rookie

Ratings:
    +58
    Would imagine our next pick would be Taylor or Risner if they are still available.

Can see something like

OT
    Sternberger
    Allen
    Then possibly hardman or mclaurin with one of the late 3rds. The harry pick for me says we wont be going deebo or another WR in the 2nd.

Although in saying that, perhaps Bill now thinks this is the only way to get a cheap WR and this could be his zag this year?

11. manxman2601

Ratings:
    +26,722
    I’m curious why you think Dre’mont Jones is a fit for the Pats. He’s a sub-rusher only for us isn’t he? Or do you see him taking reps on the outside on early downs?

12. Flash

Flash Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,161
    Also another thing: How far does Drew Lock needs to slide before y'all are comfortable taking him? I'd pull the trigger at #64 but I understand if others don't want to touch a QB anywhere in the first two rounds. I can't believe Daniel Jones got drafted at #6 and Drew Lock didn't even get drafted in the first round.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,640
    I would like Isabella in round 3 as our Amendola replacement. And Irv Smith Jr. in round 2 as our TE replacement. No, you can't replace Gronk, but you can try to get some production out of that TE position. Every QB needs a security blanket.

If Brady can throw to Edelman, Harry, Thomas, and Smith Jr., that could be a pretty potent air attack.

Now if Irv Smith gets scooped up before pick 56 we still have some good options from rounds 3-5 including guys like Caleb Wilson and Donald Parham.

I'm about 90% certain we take at least 1 tight end on Day 2.
    After taking Harry in round 1, we're mostly looking for guys who can contribute and eventually develop into starters.

Pretty big day upcoming for the Pats, considering we have 5 picks available here. Two 2nds, Three 3rd rounders (2 of them comps).

Pats could also go for a couple of trench enforcement picks here - DL/OL.

Parham might be the TE sleeper pick that makes fans run to their draft guides, get angry at BB for reaching, and then break their cell phones after seeing he graded out as a 5th rounder but was taken on day 2 instead.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  14. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,640
    please delete [double posted]

15. manxman2601

Ratings:
    +26,722
    It has just occurred to me, but if Harry’s age was a factor in us drafting him, Irv Smith gets that consideration too. He’s one of the youngest in the draft.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  16. Jlaff

Jlaff Early Bird Specials PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +2,767
    I have no clue what's going on this year, but I say we go with one of those receivers with a made up phonetic name. The dumber the better - look at Juju. Is Joejuan a WR?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. manxman2601

Ratings:
    +26,722
    CB. @reamer and I want safety Juan Thornhill so that we can pair him with Obi and have ‘Obi-Juan’ in our secondary.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  18. manxman2601

Ratings:
    +26,722
    Two names to bear in mind for tomorrow: Sione Takitaki and Jahlani Tavai. Both are linebackers we’ve been linked too. Tavai is interesting as he’s 6’2” and 250lbs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. edkk323

edkk323 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,393
    Did McCdainles get hold of BB's incriminating photo? We are spending all of resources on O, two firsts last year and one this year.

JK.

• Like Like x 1
  20. supafly

supafly Starting to see some ghosts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +23,609
    Understanding the need for other obvious key areas like OL/DL, TE, CB/S, etc, I don’t think we can necessarily rule out a second WR because there’s Philip Dorsett, a couple of special teams JAGs, a guy coming off of his second Achilles injury, and a guy who averages 7-8 games a year currently battling Roger Goodell AND a *****in’ drug habit.

I may be totally nuts here, but I think that WR is still in play. I don’t think it’s anything of the same priority as it was 24 hrs ago, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a guy like Isabella or possibly even Renfrow added. If worst comes to worst and he feels that it’s a good year for an overhaul, Belichick will manipulate the roster and figure out how to keep 6.

Even keeping only 5, here’s an example:

Edelman
    Harry (eff yes)
    One of Thomas/Gordon (let’s be realistic here)
    Isabella/Renfrow
    One of Dorsett/Ellington

That’s (primarily) two ins, two outs, and one ST/JAG/continued developmental project.

As I’ve believed all offseason, Berrios’ knowledge of the system could still give him a leg up on any new additions that are similar in size/skill set, just the same. That would depend on how the team sees his progress from last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019