PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE legal FA tampering watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Bennett this season. Saved our season by playing when clearly hurt. Loved what I perceived as his locker room attitude.
But not gonna pay him more than Gronk to stay.
Best wishes on his next team.

Bennetts a beast only BB knows if he truly bought in.

Bennett bought in completely by every report, and he played injured most of the season despite impending free agency. I don't think last season is the issue for the Patriots, I think it's paying him big money for the future. I think it's like Blount where they were more than happy with this season but don't think he will be as productive going forward and won't pay him starter money to be the #2 TE. I think they would give him 10-12 million for two years but not much more than that. I think they are looking at the draft for their #2 TE, hopefully one that can take over for Gronk if he gets hurt again or leaves after 2018.

Wonder if we still want Stevie Johnson.

Lol just kidding about how many people become haters on comments that aren't remotely bad.

Stand behind your words, you ****ing spineless weasel.

Wouldn't he cost more than Ryan? or at least the same?

Report is Logan Ryan could make anywhere between $10-14m a year. If Flowers was worth that the Chargers would have kept him.

So justin coleman's coming back? Maybe he can bounce back
He did some good things but he had bad penalties. If he could do something about that I can see him being serviceable

14 mil for campbell? I would understand if the guy was in his prime but he's 31. This market's crazy.

There aren't a lot of top-tier FAs out there, and there's a lot of stupid teams with cap money to burn. Expect more of the same, I expect to see a lot of market-setting deals for guys who are nowhere near the most valuable at their positions. This is what worries me most about keeping Hightower, and locking Butler up long term.

Your assessment is totally wrong. They will be unlucky not to be in the playoffs next year.
After week 4 they lost ONE game that they led after 56 minutes. ONE.

I will be willing to bet anything you want to that the Chargers will not make the playoffs this year. Name it.

But is 27 already... it's not like he is some young prospect and you would pay more for perceived potential than anything.. meh
Great pickup when no one knew what he could do. Terrible pickup at 10 mill a year.
There are hundreds of players in the NFL that fit that description, and BB only signs the before version, not the after.

So is Giardi's list pure speculation based on his assessment of the team and their past history, or does he have some inside info?

I'm particularly curious about his comment on Tony Jefferson: "Jefferson is a freak box safety Curious how they felt abt Chung's play" I thought Chung was one of the team's best performers last year, so is he implying he thinks that Pats don't agree?

The only guess I can make re: Chung is that he's 29, and undersized, ultra-physical players tend not to age super well. If I was projecting Pats who I think will drop off pretty severely in the next couple years, he'd be pretty high on the list. Given that only $800K is saved if they cut him this offseason (and he's going into the last year of his deal anyway), I'll be surprised if he doesn't play out next season with the Pats, but they may be looking for a long-term solution at safety beyond 2017, and there's a good change that Chung's not it. This is also why I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats are willing to pay Harmon starter-type money.

Damn teams are loaded, players are bound to get way overpaid this off season.
Marty Bennett probably being one of them.

There will be very few players that Pats will release (against their will).
BB does his laundry on the regular basis.
Trading when its best to trade (before the start of the season and before mid-season deadline), cutting ties when ripe.

Last edited:
He played pretty well for them, from what I saw. He didn't fit with NE, but he has a ton of explosiveness off the ball. Wish it had worked out better for Easley here, I really do.

It's very very rare a patriots player has gone elsewhere and had more success than he did on the patriots. St Louis out of all places has awful coaching. Can't believe he is succeeding there

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back