PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE legal FA tampering watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you high on king? He had a nice cone time but i wonder about his speed. Curious to see how his pro day goes.

It's not that I'm high on him or think he's the best corner in the draft (he's not) but I do think there's value especially with the deep class at cb. He could slip to round 3. Just a year ago he won the Thorpe award as the nations best corner and staying in school could actually cost him money this year. I see him as a 4.6 guy but his combine numbers are very similar to Logan Ryan's.

Yeah, I mean, sure, the discount you're suggesting is more money than anyone on this board will earn in their entire working lives, but he's the moron.

I'm firmly entrenched in blaming agents, media and fans for enabling these athletes to completely forget the reason to play sport. It's to win championships. Not to make billions of dollars. If you are special enough to do both, fine. Most aren't so that's that. Who's more of a had chance to make the playoffs? Jax or The 'Skins? Cause those are the 2 he chose from. Not to mention his former team.

That old picture of Bill Russell holding 11 rings is stunning. Brady with 5 will be almost unbelievable. That is what any athlete should aspire too, and not let money get in the best possible way of attaining it.

@HolderStephen: I heard today the #Colts are genuinely interested in OLB Jabaal Sheard. Again, take it w a grain of salt. But I like that possible move.

Haven't heard much on the bungles and they have about 41 million in cap space.

Are there even any reports of the Pats having any interest in resigning Sheard?

Interesting CB/S vet option . that doesn't count against comp picks;)

Woodhead going to the ratbirds!

Woody is a Raven no!

Shouldn't landry feel insulted by the stills contract lol. Landry's earning peanuts. He should be livid right now!!!

Shouldn't landry feel insulted by the stills contract lol. Landry's earning peanuts. He should be livid right now!!!

Not really. The salary cap is only going up. He'll probably get $14M/year next off-season or whenever they extend him.

Not really. The salary cap is only going up. He'll probably get $14M/year next off-season or whenever they extend him.

They seem to be in a giving mood. This doesn't look good if the pats might be interested in woods. He would want about the same.

Woods ain't worth need that.

I can't blame him for taking every dollar considering how much these owners make

You realize how much money is made by teams right? The salary cap isn't remotely close.

I blame any player who leaves a good situation for a bit more money, regardless of the team. Patriots or otherwise. I know the owners make tons more than them.

So sad that society now values money versus winning. It's pathetic actually.

any word on Hightower?
Would your mind be blown if BB traded Butler to New Orleans For Cooks?
Then resigned Ryan for like 8 mill a season?
Its crazy but itS BB

Ryan will make way more than 8m and is at his best as an interior CB so whatever happens to Butler has no effect on him.

They seem to be in a giving mood. This doesn't look good if the pats might be interested in woods. He would want about the same.

Did you seriously just suggest that Robert Woods will look for the same money as Landry ? Is this real ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes