PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MSN Front Page: Roger Goodell blatantly lied to make Tom Brady look dishonest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Looks like the tide is turning and the national media is finally seeing the truth. This was on the front page of MSN today.

"At this point, it’s borderline obvious that the NFL was working backwards from a predetermined conclusion. That’s not to say Brady did nothing wrong, but the way Goodell and the league have framed certain information is pathetic."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl...d-to-make-tom-brady-look-dishonest/ar-BBlqeSi

Looks like the tide is turning and the national media is finally seeing the truth. This was on the front page of MSN today.

"At this point, it’s borderline obvious that the NFL was working backwards from a predetermined conclusion. That’s not to say Brady did nothing wrong, but the way Goodell and the league have framed certain information is pathetic."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl...d-to-make-tom-brady-look-dishonest/ar-BBlqeSi
Pouring another shot.

But seriously it is nice that more people are pointing out that the league is up to shady **** in regard to this whole mess.

Great headline

Sadly I don't think you'll ever have people/reporters say definitively nothing happened - though I really do think you can look at the evidence and say that the PSI deflation is insignificant and if anything happened it's a HUGE leap to assert Brady ordered it

But there's probably always going to be that hanging over his head - unfairly - but it will be there

But Goodell's attempt to mislead and slander is a fire-able offense - and if the Owners start feeling pressure on them, rather than Goodell and there's real questions - as there should be - about the integrity of the game emanating from 345 Park Avenue, I can see a change being made - hopeful thinking I know but this is the NFL's Watergate and it's going to get worse for them - not better

I got the best laugh from Curran though

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-nfl-raw-not-pretty-sight

He asked Brady if he ever walked the stadium on a Saturday. Brady said “Yes.”

Goodell: “You did?”

Brady: “Yes.”

Goodell: “Yes?”

Forty. Million. A. Year.

This page is not available right now
We're working to restore it as soon as possible. Please check back soon.

Click here to try this page again, or visit: http://www.msn.com

Ref 1: 647998b73319418f9ea48011ad6c16b3 Ref 2: 000000 Ref 3: Wed Aug 05 2015 16:35:14 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Page is currently unavailable. Wonder what sort of construction is underway....

Roger will probably get a TV deal after he gets canned. Could be Michael Scott in a parallel universe office.

Page is currently unavailable. Wonder what sort of construction is underway....

Works for me. A few people should probably save copies, screenshots, whatever. I saved an HTML copy.

Great headline

Sadly I don't think you'll ever have people/reporters say definitively nothing happened - though I really do think you can look at the evidence and say that the PSI deflation is insignificant and if anything happened it's a HUGE leap to assert Brady ordered it

But there's probably always going to be that hanging over his head - unfairly - but it will be there

But Goodell's attempt to mislead and slander is a fire-able offense - and if the Owners start feeling pressure on them, rather than Goodell and there's real questions - as there should be - about the integrity of the game emanating from 345 Park Avenue, I can see a change being made - hopeful thinking I know but this is the NFL's Watergate and it's going to get worse for them - not better

Forty. Million. A. Year.

I laughed so hard when I read that. It just read so much like some SNL skit or something Leslie Nielson could do well. I'm still laughing.

Finally.

I had started a thread yesterday with the almost identical headline.

Mods are going nuts though merging damn near everything into a single thread.

I get the merging sometimes, but just because the topic of a new thread may be covered in page 58, post 672, paragraph 2 of another thread does not mean it needs to be merged.

I sort of like seeing a thread with this title getting bumped to the top and would never have found it buried in the threads the size of the new testament.

Be prepared for a lot of leaks by the NFL prior to next Wednesday, Roger will not tolerate being denigrated..

Mort and Steven A keep your cell phones on..

Butlers issue has been pretty quiet. Watch them spin that one out to the moon.

Be prepared for a lot of leaks by the NFL prior to next Wednesday, Roger will not tolerate being denigrated..
If he's learned anything, he should keep his mouth shut. Time for someone who wants to blow the story open to record goodell/espn management giving the next "Code Red".

Random, disconnected and perhaps not even internally consistent thoughts.

The NFL has proved itself stupid so many times that they must might do something like that, but I think even the League is smart enough to know that Judge Berman would not look kindly on any leaks from either side now that the matter is before Magistrate Judge Francis.

Judge Berman is now an "Audience of One" for both sides. All the stuff that's come out in the last 24 hours is just noise...for once, it's "good" noise for our side, but, it's still all just background noise.

The only relevant question is whether any of this noise increases the League's sense of urgency to settle in a way that would be acceptable to Brady (exoneration on the underlying fraud and no suspension).

My guess is that if that the two sides haven't settled by the 12th and can't settle during the meeting on the 12th that Berman will telegraph how he's leaning at that meeting. In fact, he may also have telegraphed it through Judge Francis. I would venture a guess that Berman and Francis have been working together for a long time. So, it's possible the whole thing will be resolved before the 12th.

I think the NFL is now in "Bunker Mode" and realizes that things are getting out of its control. Judge Berman was NOT who Wells wanted to get when he came up with what he no doubt thought was the brilliant idea of filing in New York a nanosecond after the Appeal Ruling was released (filed so fast that the idiot attorney filing the papers forgot to sign them).

Even when reports like this are (hopefully) turning the tide of popular opinion and showing up the NFL for the shysters they clearly are, there's still the pervasive sentiment of "we don't know how much Brady did wrong"?
Why, after all this time and with recognition that the Patriots have handled themselves with distinction throughout this debacle while the NFL have done little else but lie and cheat, does the media not make the simple observation - that there is no evidence that ANYONE DEFLATED ANYTHING (other than Mother Nature).

There's still that undercurrent suggesting that the Pats might have cheated - WHY??? As damning as this all looks for Goodell and co, this is still grinding my gears...

You'd think, except the NFLPA took a lot of potential ammo out of their chambers.

Even when reports like this are (hopefully) turning the tide of popular opinion and showing up the NFL for the shysters they clearly are, there's still the pervasive sentiment of "we don't know how much Brady did wrong"?
Why, after all this time and with recognition that the Patriots have handled themselves with distinction throughout this debacle while the NFL have done little else but lie and cheat, does the media not make the simple observation - that there is no evidence that ANYONE DEFLATED ANYTHING (other than Mother Nature).

There's still that undercurrent suggesting that the Pats might have cheated - WHY??? As damning as this all looks for Goodell and co, this is still grinding my gears...

Envy. It's really just that simple.

goodell's lies could be the thing that finally turns public sentiment.

Most other fans hate goodell as much or more than they hate Belichick/Brady/Patriots. These people will ignore lies from Kensil, Wells and Vincent. But as soon as rog himself gets mentioned people could start to listen

Great headline

Forty. Million. A. Year.

ibuj2RuAjtKG8r.gif

If I'm Kraft, I'm busy preparing a speech that formally apologizes to the other teams screwed by RG for saying what a great job he was doing when he clearly wasn't. I am also withdrawing my previous support of the Commissioner, making it clear that I had no intention of turning this power hungry beast on the NFL so that he could stomp all the good out the game.

At this point, I'm not really sure what's left to leak. I guess it's theoretically possible that Wells' own notes have some stuff in them that hasn't yet been revealed, but I doubt it. If they had any grenade left to lob, they would've been mentioned in the appeal (and therefore in the transcript) to try to threaten Brady into dropping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News