PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Wetzel: Roger Goodell owes Tom Brady an apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, and I mean that, this is ludicrous.
It's either the conspiracy theory or Mara is the biggest moron in the world, I'm not sure I buy the conspiracy theory but it's really odd they would complain after all the info that's come to light.

Doubt that Mara had any input with them turning in the ball.

As I have posted on another thread, it is very unusual that this "episode" was made public by the Giants. Conspiracy theory, I have no idea, but it is intriguing to say the least. IGL is well known and expounded upon by now and I am quite sure all NFL teams are aware of its results and should not be surprised when they test a football. I, for one, find it strange because it is.

OK....you are reaching big time but I'll play along.

What would be the Giants' motivation to help the Patriots?

OK....you are reaching big time but I'll play along.

What would be the Giants' motivation to help the Patriots?
I cannot answer your question because I do not have an explanation, not even a plausible one, hence why I state that it is unusual. I am sure at this point teams have done their own experimentation on the laws of science but no one has made it public. That is all I am saying, it is strange to be shining the light on this subject at this point in time, regardless of which of the 32 teams is doing it, for obvious reasons.
I may be wrong, but in so doing, to my mind, the only winner is the Patriots, Am I wrong?

.... odd they would complain after all the info that's come to light.
The info has come to light only to those willing to listen. That would be Pats fans, Florio, Sally, Wetzel, and close to nobody else among people having something to do with the NFL. The Giants buy into Goodell's BS hook, line, and sinker.

What will bring Goodell down is a continued decline in TV viewership and later on trouble in negotiating the next CBA. Those issues will be too big to ignore.

I cannot answer your question because I do not have an explanation, not even a plausible one, hence why I state that it is unusual. I am sure at this point teams have done their own experimentation on the laws of science but no one has made it public. That is all I am saying, it is strange to be shining the light on this subject at this point in time, regardless of which of the 32 teams is doing it, for obvious reasons.
I may be wrong, but in so doing, to my mind, the only winner is the Patriots, Am I wrong?

I was hoping you would say the Executive Committee has conspired to do things that make Goody looklike a moron and give them more reason to force him out for being an incompetent baboon.

Cut Goondell's nuts off and superglue them in his ****in' big mouth...then have a dozen midgets crush his skull with baseball bats...charge admission...2 friggin cents to get in, free hot dogs and beer....goddamned scumbag

No offense taken to any of the pushback on the "conspiracy theory" -- but as the other poster(s) indicated, why would the Giants do this?

Here are the things the Giants did do:
  • Took their own initiative to measure the football pressure (explicitly against the rules, and highlighted as part of Deflategate)
  • Notified the NFL on an "informal" basis of low-pressure footballs
  • Notified or leaked the concern to the media (Glazer), with actual PSI numbers
So as far as possible why's:
  • Sour grapes after the loss to the Steelers?
  • Making an excuse to Giants fans for the loss?
  • Rivalry/gamesmanship between the Giants and Steelers organizations? (see Jets/Pats circa ~2001-2006)
  • Maras wanting to stick it to the Rooneys?
I'm looking at that list and head-scratching that any of those are the reason why. Sour grapes? Maybe, but why not a formal complaint? Excuse for the fans is maybe the *most* likely out of all of these, but again why not a formal? Not aware of any major fighting between Giants/Steelers or Maras/Rooneys.

Is it not possible that other why's:
  • Belichick has friends inside the Giants organization who think he got shafted
  • Belichick asked them to measure some footballs to stick it to the NFL

I agree those are pretty ridiculous in a vacuum, but are they ridiculous after Deflategate?
The only outcome that's happened here is that ball PSI numbers were leaked to the media. The Giants have not formally sought an inquiry, the Steelers have not been charged, Mara and Rooney are not going at it on Twitter (ha).

Cut Goondell's nuts off and superglue them in his ****in' big mouth...then have a dozen midgets crush his skull with baseball bats...charge admission...2 friggin cents to get in, free hot dogs and beer....goddamned scumbag

I don't agree with going with the "softly softly" approach Joker :D:D

sorry...I don't normally sugar coat my opinions ....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes