PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Monday Night Football Week 5: Bakers vs Jimmies

49ers are legit

This is a masterpiece:

I know. He's still playing like a rookie- still trying to get by on talent. Shows no significant improvement from last season.

That's kind of what I meant. ;)
And I doubt there'll be any significant improvement without a coach that can get inside that 50¢ head and find the professional switch.

Fair enough, but Mayfield's been a chucklehead for longer than his short stint in the NFL.

Yeah, for a guy who has done nothing yet, he sure is all over the place. Some of that stuff has to go to your head.

Antonio Brown 1
Baker Mayfield 0

I know nothing about college players.
When Mayfield was in the draft, I lusted after him as a possible Brady successor, and I lamented he was out of our grasp.
Repeat the 1st sentence.

Really happy to see baker eating a big slice of humble pie week after week.
He didn't played enough to back it up all the hype and s**t he talked.
Hue Jackson is laughing somewhere

The recency bias is ridiculous. Anyone who looked at Cleveland's schedule in August would have told you they'd have a losing record by this time. Mayfield looks like **** and a completely different QB from who he was last year but declaring him a bust right now is some Max Kellerman kneejerk idiocy. Everyone taking a victory lap right now...why?

The recency bias is ridiculous. Anyone who looked at Cleveland's schedule in August would have told you they'd have a losing record by this time. Mayfield looks like **** and a completely different QB from who he was last year but declaring him a bust right now is some Max Kellerman kneejerk idiocy. Everyone taking a victory lap right now...why?

True...it’s a very top heavy schedule. Just like the quick take now that they suck, expect a 180 later that they’re awesome. They are basically an average team (maybe slightly above average) whose success can be predicted by their opponent, like most teams hovering around the bell curve. Same thing happened with the Colts last year, as I wasn’t buying their late season winning streak after seeing their opponents. Their “turnaround” was simply the result of an unbalanced schedule.

Baked Mayfield

This kid could have come into the league with both guns blazing. Instead he came in with both gums blazing. What a dope.

It is kind of funny that Josh Allen's played better than Baker Mayfield thus far this year, and Mayfield certainly has more offensive firepower around him.

I didn’t need to see the schedule and still knew it

True...it’s a very top heavy schedule. Just like the quick take now that they suck, expect a 180 later that they’re awesome. They are basically an average team (maybe slightly above average) whose success can be predicted by their opponent, like most teams hovering around the bell curve. Same thing happened with the Colts last year, as I wasn’t buying their late season winning streak after seeing their opponents. Their “turnaround” was simply the result of an unbalanced schedule.

The two undefeated teams left have a combined opponents record of 10-33, with the Pats at 5-18. That's some serious kind of poor.

Great job with the parity thing Goody.

This is Baker's receipt for disrespecting a legend like Hue Jackson.

All kidding aside, it doesn't matter how good or bad of a coach Jackson may have been. Disrespecting him the way Baker did was wrong and is one of the reasons I can enjoy his failures so much. Usually I'd be pulling for the Browns, but that's difficult with Baker Big Mouth .

It is kind of funny that Josh Allen's played better than Baker Mayfield thus far this year, and Mayfield certainly has more offensive firepower around him.

Take note, everyone clamoring for a shiny hood ornament reciever.

He was pretty damned good at BYU. With the Bears, he had Walter Payton (as his top rusher and receiver), and Willie 'Go Route' Gault - and that's about it.

I guess with that defense, it really didn't matter.
The Pats played the Bears the 1988 season and beat them 30-7. I had to work and missed that game but really wanted to see it. That loss hurt in the Super Bowl.

Really happy to see baker eating a big slice of humble pie week after week.
He didn't played enough to back it up all the hype and s**t he talked.
Hue Jackson is laughing somewhere

Wow! I just looked up his stat line through 5 games this year :eek:

TD-4
INT - 8
Comp% - 55.9
Rating - 68.5

He's going to need a security detail pretty soon if he goes out anywhere in the Cleveland area. (Plus, Bosa bringing up the Ohio State flag thing last night will only inflame the Browns fans anger at him - he's on a short leash with the Dog Pound).

The Pats played the Bears the 1988 season and beat them 30-7. I had to work and missed that game but really wanted to see it. That loss hurt in the Super Bowl.
First play from scrimmage: Flutie to Fryar down the right sideline for an 80-yard TD pass...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back