PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels back in the running for the Browns' HC job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonexistent, like your grasp of the Pats salary cap.

Remember all the money that Mike Jenkins and Donald Jones cost the Pats? Well, McDaniels wanted them. :p

Get back to me when you realize that all players in camp get paid actual money, and all signings mean one less signing that can fit under the controlling number for that time of year. Get back to me when you realize that signing vets who've got no shot is almost always just a waste of money.

On second thought, since you add nothing to any thread, don't get back to me. Ever.

Thanks for the reminder.

So, had Josh taken the Cleveland job, it is probably unlikely that he would have been able to get too many coaches from the patriot, if any.

Teams can block their coaches from interviewing for any non-head coach position. So when McDaniels wanted to interview for the Browns' HC job, Belichick couldn't do anything. If McDaniels would have gotten the job and wanted to hire Daboll or O'Shea as the OC, then the Pats could block it even though it's a promotion. I believe that the Pats could even block Patricia from an assistant head coach and DC job. The only guy they wouldn't be able to block is the HC.

Now, the question is whether Belichick would have blocked those guys from leaving. I don't know what the answer to that is. If it were a matter of losing almost everybody in one offseason, then he'd probably be more likely to block at least some of them.

Brown's name Bills DC Mike Pettine their next coach.

Cleveland Browns tab Mike Pettine as next coach - ESPN Boston

How is this guy any better than the one they just fired? Someone tell me. Dumping Chudzinski made no sense.

My sources tell me that after Joe Banner, Mike Lombardi and owner Jimmy Haslam announce their new head coach, they plan on celebrating by seeing how many clowns they can stuff into the car.
The New Jersey Green Beans hold the current record. I doubt Cleveland can break it.

Get back to me when you realize that all players in camp get paid actual money, and all signings mean one less signing that can fit under the controlling number for that time of year. Get back to me when you realize that signing vets who've got no shot is almost always just a waste of money.

On second thought, since you add nothing to any thread, don't get back to me. Ever.

The amount of money paid out is minuscule like your contribution to this forum.

The Patriots were once very much like the Cleveland Browns of today, a complete "azzclown circus"... need to be reminded of this every once and a while.

The amount of money paid out is minuscule like your contribution to this forum.

How many other Patsfans besides me would actually pay money to see Skype or Youtube cage matches between quarreling posters during the long boring off season? Ian take note of this moneymaking opportunity!

Pettine may actually turn out to be a good coach, even though he was like their 4 th choice!

He was solid as Jets DC ... And turned the Bills D around finishing 10th in the league last year ... Proving that he was more than a puppet for Rex Ryan.

They have some weapons on offense in Cleveland ... And likely will draft one of the QB's in the 1st round.

If the OC is solid and the FO can give them a couple years he has a chance.

I for one am happy to get him out of the division :nod:

How many other Patsfans besides me would actually pay money to see Skype or Youtube cage matches between quarreling posters during the long boring off season? Ian take note of this moneymaking opportunity!

It would be the most boring slapfight in history.

Nonexistent, like your grasp of the Pats salary cap.

Remember all the money that Mike Jenkins and Donald Jones cost the Pats? Well, McDaniels wanted them. :p

Kidney transplant gives former Bills receiver Donald Jones a 2nd chance at life | Fox News

Donald Jones was a good pick up at the time. No one could have possibly predicted that within nine months he would need a kidney transplant to save his life. Good luck, Donald Jones, you would have been a valuable Patriot had things worked out differently.

How is this guy any better than the one they just fired? Someone tell me. Dumping Chudzinski made no sense.

Chudzinski wasn't on the same page as the front office. It makes no sense for a rebuilding team to keep both in those circumstances. Since they weren't moving the Banner/Lombardi tandem, Chudzinski had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back