PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia likely to take Lions or Giants HC job (UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detroit, has an improving D, non-meddling owner, a Pats groomed GM, a good Pro Bowl level QB which is the real key to all of this, and a division that is weaker than ever with GB fading for a while, if not for good, and Chicago really far behind with a super cheap owner and an awful coaching hire from this week.

Umm, no. Minnesota has the best defense in the NFL. And went 13-3 with their 3rd string QB, and losing their starting RB to injury.

GB was 4-1 before Rodgers got hurt.

So if I listen to beat writers Patricia wants NYG however the Giants want McDaniels.
However Mcdaniels doesnt like the front office or QB situation in NY.
The Lions want Patricia but that's his second choice.
Mike Vrabel likes the Lions and wants to be the Head coach but the Lions will only Hire him if they can't get Patricia.
The Cardinals like Shurmur and that more than likely will happen but the Eagles QB coach Deflippio also has a chance.
The Colts love McDaniels but Ballard isn't ready to turn the roster decisons over to Josh and Josh won't take the Job even though in his eyes it's the most attractive but won't give up not having finals roster decisons.
So the Colts are doing second interviews next week including a second with Wilks who they like and have started exploring the college ranks as well.
One Colt writer believes Toub is their guy and they have waited to interview him still havent yet becuase they want someone to wow them and make sure they know he's the choice.
Bears HC Nagy claims the Colts basically offered him the job but he didn't like the energy he was getting from the people and the meetings.

This sounds like a bad dating show.

Umm, no. Minnesota has the best defense in the NFL. And went 13-3 with their 3rd string QB, and losing their starting RB to injury.

GB was 4-1 before Rodgers got hurt.

Well, Keenum is a free agent. So, they have no QB, if he walks and other teams bid.

So, my point is, GB is rebuilding, Rodgers ain't getting any younger, and Detroit is ahead of GB and way ahead of Chicago.

GB is ALWAYS 4-1, but Thompson hasn't drafted anyone good or great on defense for YEARS, save for Clinton-Dix.

Detroit is in far better shape overall moving forward, IMO.

If they have to pay Keenum at 20 mil per, Minny will soon NOT have the best defense in the NFL.

This thread makes marriage sound great.

I'm not married, myself. Might be a generational thing as the two generations before our's seemed to get badly dominated in the battle of the sexes.

This is very interesting Wilks has Deflippio on board to be his OC teams looking to get a Offensive Mastermind but like the One two punch over Shurmur or McDaniels depending on who they bring as DC
My guess is Brendan Daly would be the DC McDaniels brings from the Pats.

Colts board claims that Josh Mcdaniels can pry Jim Bob Cooter out of Detroit as OC if he becomes coach of the Colts.
I think they credited Jason La Confora with the report.

That sucks. I'd rather Patricia be the successor here when BB hangs it up, rather than McDaniels.
Once again, I have to wonder whether the Krafts have offered Patricia (and/or McDaniels) head coach money to remain as coordinators. If they haven't - why the hell not?

Well, Keenum is a free agent. So, they have no QB, if he walks and other teams bid.

So, my point is, GB is rebuilding, Rodgers ain't getting any younger, and Detroit is ahead of GB and way ahead of Chicago.

GB is ALWAYS 4-1, but Thompson hasn't drafted anyone good or great on defense for YEARS, save for Clinton-Dix.

Detroit is in far better shape overall moving forward, IMO.

If they have to pay Keenum at 20 mil per, Minny will soon NOT have the best defense in the NFL.

I think you're exaggerating things a tad.

Minny has a legit defense, $60M in cap space and they still have Bradford and Bridgewater if Keenum walks.

The Bears' QB situation is certainly suspect, but their defense was 9th in points and 10th in yards. And they have $42M in caps space.

Green Bay is on some shaky ground with Rodgers' future health a question mark, only $23M in cap space and most units in need of a little help. But that may be only temporary. The Pack has mised the playoffs only three times in McCarthy's 12 seasons, and made it as far as the NFCCG four times.

Even so, it's not as if the NFC North is necessarily certain to be a bunch of tomato cans for the long term.

Yeah. It's always sad to see another fallen brother. His wife is running roughshod over him. @supafly maybe I missed this earlier, but is there a reason why you can't just buy another mini-fridge and store as much alcohol in there as you please? If that had happened at my house, there would have been a blowout fight followed by me immediately heading to Target/Wal-Mart to buy a new mini-fridge and an insistence that she now buy me a bottle of scotch for the inconvenience.
For whatever reason, I just gave in on this one. There was nothing wrong with the other mini. It was only about 1-2 years old, so I just assumed that maybe she didn’t want me to drink too much or something. I choose my battles carefully, and believe it or not I have my share of victories. In this case though, it seemed as though her mind was pretty set. Gotta love marriage. :D

Any coach involved with his release is going to be tarred and feathered by Giants fans
I think the uproar was 10% due to benching Eli and 90% due to benching Eli in favor of Geno freaking Smith.

Draft a viable option and it may be OK

The Lions want Patricia but that's his second choice.

Mike Vrabel likes the Lions and wants to be the Head coach but the Lions will only Hire him if they can't get Patricia....

This sounds like a bad dating show.

L'amour est un oiseau rebelle que nul ne peut apprivoiser...

Last edited:
But Gibbs hired pettibone. He was his guy.

If Matty P gets the job contingent on the lions telling him it’s cooters offense that’s a very bad way to walk in
Unless of course as part of the interview process, Patricia meets with Cooter and they go over the chain of command and likes what he hears. THEN Cooter can be an asset.

btw- I don't thing Bill ever goes to Matt and tells him what to run for a defense play to play, but rather they decide how they want to attack the offense. Agree to that, and then he sends Matt on his way to develop the specific defenses and schemes necessary to implement the overall plan. Then they tweak it based on what they see during practices.

Unless of course as part of the interview process, Patricia meets with Cooter and they go over the chain of command and likes what he hears. THEN Cooter can be an asset.

btw- I don't thing Bill ever goes to Matt and tells him what to run for a defense play to play, but rather they decide how they want to attack the offense. Agree to that, and then he sends Matt on his way to develop the specific defenses and schemes necessary to implement the overall plan. Then they tweak it based on what they see during practices.
I think bb delegates, oversees and steps in when necessary. But scheme wise it’s his show on both sides of the ball

If mp chooses to hire cooter that’s fine but if the job comes with orders to keep him, that’s not good

That’s what I’m saying, and it’s not exactly a small fridge. :D

I’ve got to make sure that what I do keep cold consists of straight blackout beers (alcohol content of 9-10%), and I always make sure to rotate one in from the pantry when I take one out. It’s a pain in the butt, although I’ve kinda gotten used to it at this point.

On first floor I have top shelf of main fridge to myself. And on second floor I have entire small fridge to myself. I stock both regularly. Beers always cold and avoid up and down the stairs this way. My wife hates it but she evidently doesn't want to become my third ex.

Bad news for me and the people who wanted to keep Mcdaniels.
The Colts have no plan to interview any defensive candidates so no interviews with Richards or Wilks.
Focused soley on offense so unless they schedule more offensive candidates it's McDaniels.
Ian Rappaport is saying you can pretty much pencil Josh Mcdaniels there

Last edited:
Once again, I have to wonder whether the Krafts have offered Patricia (and/or McDaniels) head coach money to remain as coordinators. If they haven't - why the hell not?

I have to think that's along the same lines as offering Garoppolo starting QB money to stay on the bench. If you want a shot at being The Guy, money is simply not the issue.

On first floor I have top shelf of main fridge to myself. And on second floor I have entire small fridge to myself. I stock both regularly. Beers always cold and avoid up and down the stairs this way. My wife hates it but she evidently doesn't want to become my third ex.
I have a garage fridge exclusively for adult beverages, 90% beer including a 1.75 gal Homebrew keg on the top shelf. The wife has a couple bottles of white wine in the door and some bud lights on one of the shelves, but the rest is mine. When the game is on (or any other time that I am drinking) I generally bring in 4-5 at a time to the kitchen fridge for easy access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes