PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia likely to take Lions or Giants HC job (UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Rex Ryan take over Patricia's job? That word is out there but I doubt its plausibility. Two strong leaders don't mix. But in this crazier-every-day world, who knows,

Wow, I hope not. May actually find a sure bet tall building to jump off if that happens

I'd love Rex here as DC but I don't think his defensive philosophy could ever mesh with Belichick's so in my head that's a non-starter.

It's Friday afternoon so I am a little punch drunk, but does anyone else think it would be weirdly and hilariously awesome (if Matty P. left) for Rex Ryan to become the defensive coordinator for the Pats? The Hoodie and the Footie. Years of hilarity could ensue, particularly if they gave back-to-back press conferences.
No. We like to win.

As much as I think it would do Rex's coaching career a world of good to work under BB, I don't think either one of there egos could take the other. The bigger question is if Patricia would hire Fredo to be his DC.
Rex no longer has a coaching career.

The Giants don't want Josh, Matty P is their #1 choice.

I think that makes the most sense which deflates my first thought gee it must be awkward in the coaches meeting for those 2 being the 3 finalists.

The Pats offense could return some favors to Josh by crushing the Tians 45-10 and get Josh the Titans job.

Ryan's coached some great Ds. But I don't think his philosophy matches with what Belichick prefers. Moreover, I don't know if Ryan's happy going back to a back row personality.

Interesting tidbit The Colts GM and Josh McDaniels has the same agent.
This Agent has 3 different set of NFL headcoaches and GMs pairings that share the same agent.
If it's nothing else it's a interesting fact.

Interesting tidbit The Colts GM and Josh McDaniels has the same agent.
This Agent has 3 different set of NFL headcoaches and GMs pairings that share the same agent.
If it's nothing else it's a interesting fact.
There has been alot of speculation about the connection between those two and this certainly is an interesting factoid

Tribute to Matty p. I admit I had a few and rolled bones...

There has been alot of speculation about the connection between those two and this certainly is an interesting factoid
Ian Rappaport just tweeted that the Colts have their search narrowed to two head coaches.
Vrabel and McDaniels.
Be prepared to kiss Josh goodbye,unless they think he may turn it down.
Guess we will see.

Ian Rappaport just tweeted that the Colts have their search narrowed to two head coaches.
Vrabel and McDaniels.
Be prepared to kiss Josh goodbye,unless they think he may turn it down.
Guess we will see.

Argh.

It's kinda like your buddy dating a chick you freaking hate.

Assuming the departure of Josh and/or Matt Patricia does happen, hopefully they don’t bring a lot of the Patriots coaching staff with them. Bill is getting a bit old for a complete rebuilding his coaching staff.

@AdamSchefter: Good chance the Patriots lose both coordinators to HC jobs, but LB coach Brian Flores is very much in play in Arizona, per league sources, meaning New England could potentially lose three assistants to HC jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back