PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia likely to take Lions or Giants HC job (UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lions are like that harmless, hopeless team you can’t help but root for.

I do hope Patricia has a run of success there. That franchise has seen some dark, dark days.

With Quinn, I get that. Plus Detroit won't have NY-type expectacions.
I just want him to be successful. Quite frankly from a talent and attitude standpoint I think DET is a 10x better situation. Giants are an insane asylum

Stafford has warts no doubt but seems the team respects him, he plays hurt and is a good dude.

The only consolation in Matty P leave is it hopefully means BB's here to stay for a while . probably until the league becomes BBFL..

His coaching, scouting and players tree is just a-mazing . college and pro

We play in Detroit. Should be interesting...

I just want him to be successful. Quite frankly from a talent and attitude standpoint I think DET is a 10x better situation. Giants are an insane asylum

Stafford has warts no doubt but seems the team respects him, he plays hurt and is a good dude.

Secure the C spot, Oline in f.a. or draft Price, Ragnow, Daniels.

Get a legit 3 down RB

Another rush player opposite Ensah and another CB opposite lockdown Slay. Who is criminally under rated

I wonder what the thought process is for a coach coming into a situation where the offensive coordinator is already in place?

The only consolation in Matty P leave is it hopefully means BB's here to stay for a while . probably until the league becomes BBFL..

His coaching, scouting and players tree is just a-mazing . college and pro

From BB's Cleveland days:
Saban
Jim Bates (DC for the Fins, Packers, Broncos & Bucs between 1995 & 2009)
John Mitchell (currently Asst. HC/DL-coach for the Steelers)
Kirk Ferentz
Pat Hill
Chuck Bresnahan
Jim Schwartz was a college/pro scout
Mangini

(Scott O'Brien and Ernie Adams, too, of course)

I wonder what the thought process is for a coach coming into a situation where the offensive coordinator is already in place?
I think the same it is for any new manager taking over and inheriting staff. You want to immediately, but diplomatically establish your organizational goals, standards and expectations. The new HC wants to make sure the OC is "on board" and there is philosophical alignment with yours. If there isn't, there needs to be and quick.

Probably up to Patricia and Quinn. Might leave Coots in place for another year, but take a serious look at the offensive position coaches. The OL coach, Ron Prince, got the boot with his buddy Caldwell. The RB coach, David Walker, was a Quinn hire in 2016, but the lack of a ground game the past couple season may have had more to do with crappy run-blocking and lack of RB talent (from the previous GM) than RB coaching.

The biggest deal is likely to be the review of defensive assistants:

2017 Detroit Lions season - Wikipedia

Rappaport is reporting Mcdaniels is definitely taking the Colts job and is getting a coaching staff together.
I can't believe he's working for that crackhead.
Colts fans are talking about poaching Lewis I'm sick to my stomach about this ****.
Belichick and Brady will keep the train rolling.
Tom could call his own plays.

Rappaport is reporting Mcdaniels is definitely taking the Colts job and is getting a coaching staff together.
Colts fans are talking about poaching Lewis I'm sick to my stomach about this ****.
Screw the Colts Josh better not poach our staff.
Here's hoping we don't lose another coach to Arizona.

There are only 32 teams and considerably fewer with a competent QB so to me the (post-Grigson) Colts or the Titans always looked like the ideal landing spots for Josh. There is no reason for being upset with Josh or the Colts because this is the nature of the NFL.

Also dont worry about Lewis. If we want him to be here next year then he will be here. And if BB decides to move on from him then it doesnt really matter what happens anyway.

Next man up.. O'Shea or Schuplinski have enough experience with how the offense is run for there to be a smooth transition.

Last edited:
Really glad MP not going to that slimy franchise in NY.
Colts not so bad for Josh,now that Grigson is gone.
Be nice if we could keep Flores.

I am a full root for the laundry guy but Matty P will probably be the first to leave that I will root for.

I really, really doubt Matt Patricia is going to give half his team to an OC who just helped get his HC fired.
It will be Patricia’s offense, imported from foxboro.
Anyone who thinks Matty P will coach the defense and ignore the offense should rethink that belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case