PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mason Rudolph

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Am the the only who's beginning to think that he will be available at both our selections??
Is Mason Rudolph Good value at 31?? His Balls kinda hang literally and figuratively.:D

Thoughts...

Am the the only who's beginning to think that he will be available at both our selections??
Is Mason Rudolph Good value at 31?? His Balls kinda hang literally and figuratively.:D

Thoughts...
I would despise using a first or even a second on him.

• Agree
Reactions: jah

Mike "Kraft's 5th son" Reiss is as plugged in with the Patriots as possible under Belichick's regime. He dropped not-so-subtle hints the afternoon of day 2 last year that Deatrich Wise was on the Pats wish-list. So if Reiss thinks Rudolph is on the Pats board and it's a good thought that the Pats wind up with him, that has a lot of credibility to me.

Edit: Except for Michael Holley when he was actually embedded.

Mike "Kraft's 5th son" Reiss is as plugged in with the Patriots as possible under Belichick's regime. He dropped not-so-subtle hints the afternoon of day 2 last year that Deatrich Wise was on the Pats wish-list. So if Reiss thinks Rudolph is on the Pats board and it's a good thought that the Pats wind up with him, that has a lot of credibility to me.

Edit: Except for Michael Holley when he was actually embedded.

Interesting Mike Reiss did not pick Mason Rudolph for NE in ESPN’s mock draft from a few nights ago. That was just the first round though.

I don't like him in the first round. He has a good amount of issues with his game. The main ones I see are his mechanics break down way too often even when under no pressure. When he throws more horizontal than vertical his accuracy drops a good deal.

He seeems to have issues feeling the rush in the pocket.

All this being said most young quarterbacks have issues and ones who don't are not usually in the bottom of the first or second round.

Personally I think Mason is a possibility at both 43 and especially 63 just cause of how valuable QBs are. I wouldn't hate either pick at all. My main issue with Mason is that he was so productive for so many seasons in college and has been in these QB feeder systems even in high school and last year he was STILL throwing off his back foot routinely.

It makes one wonder. The same could be said for a number of QBs projected to go in the top rounds with easily fixable mistakes. Almost all of them I think when to QB camps as minors.

I wanna move that 31 pick for a second rounder and a 3rd rounder. Teams that have multiple picks.

I would despise using a first or even a second on him.

I'm hoping the Pats won't take Rudolph in the 1st or 2nd round either, but now I'm mildly entertained by the idea the Pats getting him in the 1st 2 rounds and Andy having to say he despise the selection even though he loves the Pats' draft.

Rudolph is like the forgotten man in the QB draft hierarchy. The order of Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Jackson has flip flopped all over the place, with Rudolph barely mentioned. At one point he was ahead of Jackson.

I always had a weird feeling about Rudolph, something I didn’t like. Few times I watched him he looked pretty bad, very inaccurate. Not sure of his arm strength in the deep ball.

That being said, I’d take him over Lauletta and Falk, especially if Rudolph is our pick in the 2nd round. Seems like he’ll last that long now.

Wonder if he likes TB12?

Knows Alex and Gronk.

I'm hoping the Pats won't take Rudolph in the 1st or 2nd round either, but now I'm mildly entertained by the idea the Pats getting him in the 1st 2 rounds and Andy having to say he despise the selection even though he loves the Pats' draft.
As I have said numerous times I recognize that I do not know as much about the players as the patriots scouting and coaching staff do, and even if I did I am not as talented at evaluating the information.
So of course I would assume my judgment is incorrect if a literal football genius did otherwise.
What is totally amazing is that many people do not understand that.

Rudolph is like the forgotten man in the QB draft hierarchy. The order of Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Jackson has flip flopped all over the place, with Rudolph barely mentioned. At one point he was ahead of Jackson.

I always had a weird feeling about Rudolph, something I didn’t like. Few times I watched him he looked pretty bad, very inaccurate. Not sure of his arm strength in the deep ball.

That being said, I’d take him over Lauletta and Falk, especially if Rudolph is our pick in the 2nd round. Seems like he’ll last that long now.

I have warmed on Lauletta. I don't see him far behind Mason if at all at this point. In the last 48 hours I watched a lot more QB tape and I have grown to like him more and more. Personally I would probably prefer him over Mason, Jackson and Allen at this point but it is closer in some cases than others. Him and Mason are the closest for me right now.

Last edited:
I have warm on Lauletta. I don't see him far behind Mason if at all at this point. In the last 48 hours I watched a lot more QB tape and I have grown to like him more and more. Personally I would probably prefer him over Mason, Jackson and Allen at this point but it is closer in some cases than others.
I like Lauletta, Falk & White a lot, just think Rudolph is a slight notch above.

Mason Rudolph or any of the other QB's associated with the Pats over the last few months would be fine with me.... only NOT with any of our first 3 picks. Any time after that, I'll just trust BB's staff to pick out a decent prospect that they can develop over the next 2 years.

But people should realize that the Pats are NOT in a desperate situation for a QB. Brady WILL be here for at least the next 2 years. In that time the Pats might look to a future draft, trade or FA to be the Pats "next QB".

The Paxton Lynch deal is intriguing in that his college stats match or exceed most of the top 4 guys that will go off the board in the first 10 picks. One team's failure can sometimes be another team's prize.

Mason Rudolph or any of the other QB's associated with the Pats over the last few months would be fine with me.... only NOT with any of our first 3 picks. Any time after that, I'll just trust BB's staff to pick out a decent prospect that they can develop over the next 2 years.

But people should realize that the Pats are NOT in a desperate situation for a QB. Brady WILL be here for at least the next 2 years. In that time the Pats might look to a future draft, trade or FA to be the Pats "next QB".

The Paxton Lynch deal is intriguing in that his college stats match or exceed most of the top 4 guys that will go off the board in the first 10 picks. One team's failure can sometimes be another team's prize.

That don't mean squat Paxton Lynch have absolutely sucked in the pros he ain't the first and wont be the last.

I like his name. Sounds like a A-list actor in the silent movie era.

Why not? We need to fill those positions. Remember we still have number 43 and the late second rounder.

I would wait to see what falls..........use 31 for the right guy and you can always move 43 for more picks

It sounds like some real value could fall.......walking away with mcglinchey/miller and vander esch/evans in round 1 would be a big plus......then you can move 43 down as well as 63......round 3 stands to have some good quantity, but I also thing there's good quality that will be available at the bottom of round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes