PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mason Rudolph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudolph is probably the best performer on the whiteboard, and he's a bit cleaner than some of the other prospects. I see a timing quarterback who can make throws with anticipation and generally good ball placement. I don't see much to separate him from Rosen, in that they both have accuracy issues when dealing with pressure, but can carve you up from a clean pocket. I don't think he's as good as the big 5 quarterbacks, but he's the best of the next tier. He would be a fine backup to Brady for a few years. I'd like waiting until 63, but I wouldn't complain if we took him at 43. Eventually we'll need another QB in training, and that just seems like good business sense even if Brady were a decade younger.

My real preference of course is to wait a couple years, and load up the defense. :)

Rudolph is probably the best performer on the whiteboard, and he's a bit cleaner than some of the other prospects. I see a timing quarterback who can make throws with anticipation and generally good ball placement. I don't see much to separate him from Rosen, in that they both have accuracy issues when dealing with pressure, but can carve you up from a clean pocket. I don't think he's as good as the big 5 quarterbacks, but he's the best of the next tier. He would be a fine backup to Brady for a few years. I'd like waiting until 63, but I wouldn't complain if we took him at 43. Eventually we'll need another QB in training, and that just seems like good business sense even if Brady were a decade younger.

My real preference of course is to wait a couple years, and load up the defense. :)

I just hated where the Jimmy selection landed in the end. If they like him I hope they don't wait that long...I just don't see him being there. If he's the Best of the Second tier I wouldn't pass at 31 there will be plenty defenders on the Board to select with our other selections. One plus if you get him at 31 you have him for Five years if he's decent we more than made out.

As I have said numerous times I recognize that I do not know as much about the players as the patriots scouting and coaching staff do, and even if I did I am not as talented at evaluating the information.
So of course I would assume my judgment is incorrect if a literal football genius did otherwise.
What is totally amazing is that many people do not understand that.

Yes, sure, I don't understand why so many people do not understand this logic either.
Totally amazing as you say !

Using this rhetoric, it's therefore impossible for you to 'despise' any pick the Pats will make in this draft....because, ya know, the Pats' judgment will always trumps yours. If your opinion doesn't matter, do not feel obligated to share it with us.

Don't forget to edit your post above regarding Rudolph should the Pats pick him in the first 2 rounds.

Yes, sure, I don't understand why so many people do not understand this logic either.
Totally amazing as you say !

Using this rhetoric, it's therefore impossible for you to 'despise' any pick the Pats will make in this draft....because, ya know, the Pats' judgment will always trumps yours. If your opinion doesn't matter, do not feel obligated to share it with us.

Don't forget to edit your post above regarding Rudolph should the Pats pick him in the first 2 rounds.
Well that is a pretty ignorant attitude.

So let me get this straight.
If I am not feeling well and think I have the flu but I go to the doctor and he tells me I have an appendix that’s ready to burst then I shouldn’t believe him?

You do realize that you are not an expert on the draft right? So your opinions if they differ from experts are very likely wrong. So you are saying that you can only possess an opinion with 100% expertise and confidence that you know more than a genius on the subject?
Ignorant.

He will definitely be available to any team picking in the first round because he does not deserve to be picked in the first round.

I have warmed on Lauletta. I don't see him far behind Mason if at all at this point. In the last 48 hours I watched a lot more QB tape and I have grown to like him more and more. Personally I would probably prefer him over Mason, Jackson and Allen at this point but it is closer in some cases than others. Him and Mason are the closest for me right now.

I listened to a pod earlier about Mike White from Western Kentucky [pod was quick slants]. They had good stuff to say about his arm talent - the knock against him was bad foot speed. As a total know-nothing about the draft, the pod got me excited by this guy as a draft and develop prospect.

Well that is a pretty ignorant attitude.

So let me get this straight.
If I am not feeling well and think I have the flu but I go to the doctor and he tells me I have an appendix that’s ready to burst then I shouldn’t believe him?

You do realize that you are not an expert on the draft right? So your opinions if they differ from experts are very likely wrong. So you are saying that you can only possess an opinion with 100% expertise and confidence that you know more than a genius on the subject?
Ignorant.

Are you calling me ignorant, or everyone not called Belichick ? And ignorant about what exactly, because I have not committed myself on any player, trade, process or anything else about the draft. I've just stated that always agreeing with Belichick on every pick is very bland.

If my doctor was right 50% of the time, you sure bet I would question him. And that's what the draft is all about : a 50% success ratio is a great draft.

And again, as I've stated in another thread, you just don't get it : the fun of the draft for most people is speculating on what will happen. The media is doing it and the fans are doing it as well. It doesn't make any of them an expert, but that's what sports is all about : we root for someone, and follow his journey to see what will happen. The draft is far from being an exact science, as most picks through the 7 rounds will amount to nothing, so there's a fair chance than someone's binkie might be better than the guy Belichick will choose.

Now if you want to be that bland, and never question what Belichick does, that's your choice. Just don't do your Debbie Downer routine for those who are emotionally invested in the draft. Belichick is doing much better than others, but even doing much better, he is not batting close to 1.000. So when he selects a Tavon Wilson in the 2nd round, I think it's fair for fans that have a binkie still available to be disappointed. Doesn't make them right, doesn't make Belichick right, it's just what it is.

Are you calling me ignorant, or everyone not called Belichick ? And ignorant about what exactly, because I have not committed myself on any player, trade, process or anything else about the draft. I've just stated that always agreeing with Belichick on every pick is very bland.

If my doctor was right 50% of the time, you sure bet I would question him. And that's what the draft is all about : a 50% success ratio is a great draft.

And again, as I've stated in another thread, you just don't get it : the fun of the draft for most people is speculating on what will happen. The media is doing it and the fans are doing it as well. It doesn't make any of them an expert, but that's what sports is all about : we root for someone, and follow his journey to see what will happen. The draft is far from being an exact science, as most picks through the 7 rounds will amount to nothing, so there's a fair chance than someone's binkie might be better than the guy Belichick will choose.

Now if you want to be that bland, and never question what Belichick does, that's your choice. Just don't do your Debbie Downer routine for those who are emotionally invested in the draft. Belichick is doing much better than others, but even doing much better, he is not batting close to 1.000. So when he selects a Tavon Wilson in the 2nd round, I think it's fair for fans that have a binkie still available to be disappointed. Doesn't make them right, doesn't make Belichick right, it's just what it is.
What is ignorant is that you understand that you have less knowledge and ability to assess these players yet think you can choose a pick that you know better on.
Perhaps it is 50/50 but you wouldn’t be anywhere close to 50/50 if that’s the case. If the smartest scientist in the world gets a 50 on a nuclear physics test, I’m oretty sure I’m not telling him I can do better.

In any event this back and forth has become pointless. Go let your emotional investment play out.

296hjs.jpg

I would never take a B12 QB. No defense. Completing a pass in that league means nothing. Successful NFL QBs from the B12? Ummmmm...... Anyone?

Baker Mayfield might break that string of crud QBs. Bradford, Mallet, Griffin, Vince Young, etc.

But going by history, I fear the Bills and Jets got the best 2 QBs.

Blah no thanks. Played in a garbage system.

I have warmed on Lauletta. I don't see him far behind Mason if at all at this point. In the last 48 hours I watched a lot more QB tape and I have grown to like him more and more. Personally I would probably prefer him over Mason, Jackson and Allen at this point but it is closer in some cases than others. Him and Mason are the closest for me right now.
Lauletta's arm is just so painfully weak though. Rudolph's isn't a rocket but it's lightyears ahead of Lauletta.

I would never take a B12 QB. No defense. Completing a pass in that league means nothing. Successful NFL QBs from the B12? Ummmmm...... Anyone?

Baker Mayfield might break that string of crud QBs. Bradford, Mallet, Griffin, Vince Young, etc.

Bradford wasn't a bad QB, he's just made of Kleenex.

The question now is with 5 QBs officially picked how low do the other guys fall?

Mallett played in the SEC, last I checked.

Mason Rudolph is the best option here. Its a gamble, Develop him for another 3 years and if Brady retires and he isnt up to par, we can draft someone else.

I was never high on Lauletta because he does not have an NFL arm period. I say either Rudolph or Luke Falk

Lauretta's arm is garbage. It's worse than noodle. Stay away!

I listened to a pod earlier about Mike White from Western Kentucky [pod was quick slants]. They had good stuff to say about his arm talent - the knock against him was bad foot speed. As a total know-nothing about the draft, the pod got me excited by this guy as a draft and develop prospect.

Me too, bud. Me too.

No matter what, I’d still be fairly excited with any of the following: Rudolph, White, Lauletta, Falk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News