PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
41% and 21.7 ppg over the last four. The point is that the defense has carried them more than people realize over the last month.
Defense has been very good the last 4 games. But just like the first 4 didn’t doom the rest of the season the last 4 don’t make any future games better either. The bright side is that this coaching staff always put a good d out there (even if statheads don’t know it) that almost always improves as the seaso wears on.
Losing Hightower worries me a lot primary because he has a lot to do with being able to play excellent run d from a nickel base. I’m hoping Harris plugs that issue.
Most encouraging is that when Gilmore and Rowe are healthy we are going to have an excellent and dynamic secondary, possibly the best B.B. has had here.

Doesn't the nfl keep an official stat on this so we wouldn’t have to use an u reliable source like pff?
It's a funky stat anyway, but nevertheless I find it interesting that somebody trying to count drops counts more for us than anyone else. Even if it is off here and there, the message is not good:
Brandin Cooks leads the Patriots with 5 drops, while Danny Amendola and Rob Gronkowski are tied with 4 drops each. This is a big shock for Amendola who didn’t have a single drop in 2016 and just 2 in 2015. The other drops belong to the likes of Chris Hogan, James White, Rex Burkhead, and Dwayne Allen.
Not always the receiver's fault of course, but just a sign of something that could be improved. The personnel are not going to see any big change, so it will have to be execution.

It's a funky stat anyway, but nevertheless I find it interesting that somebody trying to count drops counts more for us than anyone else. Even if it is off here and there, the message is not good:

Not always the receiver's fault of course, but just a sign of something that could be improved. The personnel are not going to see any big change, so it will have to be execution.
Drops happen. I don’t see that number as alarming even if it were from a reliable source.

Gronk could have had a Huge game numbers wise if he had hung on to those seam route passes...he was acting like he heard footsteps.

According to John Rooke (voice of the Patriots in Gillette stadium) as well as host of the PFW show Patriots Playbook, he has a source close to the situation that stated Mitchell is frustrated as he is ready to play now but needs clearance to do so. Bottom line may seem him sooner rather than later. First game he could play in would be the Raider game in Mexico City.

Very interesting indeed go against your Defensive gut! instinct BB this Team is going to have to win with Offense. This D just isn't that good don't waste a good Offensive talent BB for just a average debt player on D. Please make it be Mitchell over Valentine.

Very interesting indeed go against your Defensive gut! instinct BB this Team is going to have to win with Offense. This D just isn't that good don't waste a good Offensive talent BB for just a average debt player on D. Please make it be Mitchell over Valentine.
The defense has allowed 51 points in the last 4 games.
The defense has been 17 or under 4 straight games, while the offense was held to 24 or less.

This hasnt been the same team for the last month that it was the first month

Drops happen. I don’t see that number as alarming even if it were from a reliable source.

Agree. And context is needed. A lot of it actually. Pass attempts , targets and type of routes would be a good start.

Jacoby' s 18 drops sounds a lot worse than Brady's 20 for example.

According to John Rooke (voice of the Patriots in Gillette stadium) as well as host of the PFW show Patriots Playbook, he has a source close to the situation that stated Mitchell is frustrated as he is ready to play now but needs clearance to do so. Bottom line may seem him sooner rather than later. First game he could play in would be the Raider game in Mexico City.
Well this certainly conflicts with Mike Reiss' 'sense' that people turned into a factual report.

Well this certainly conflicts with Mike Reiss' 'sense' that people turned into a factual report.
This uncited allegation of a statement from someone who claims that an unspecified source claims that a player is frustrated because another unspecified source (medical clearance is needed) has not cleared him to practice or play.

This uncited allegation of a statement from someone who claims that an unspecified source claims that a player is frustrated because another unspecified source (medical) has not cleared him to practice or play?
No I think he is frustrated because the IR rules make him wait.

IF Malcom is really ready to play when IR expires, I'd pick him over Valentine because our RZ offense has been below par and 3 of our receiving threats are at risk. Hogan injured, Dola has a history of fragility and is playing LOTS of reps and Gronk hasn't had lots of 16 game seasons. I do think the repeat arm fracture was on the Pats medical staff and not an indication of fragility. Very pleased to see the GronkMonster recovered from latest back surgery.
Health at DL will be an influence in the final who shall return decision.

It is all speculation. Let's see if VV returns to practice next week.
Or if Mitchell does.
At least now we agree Reiss was speculating.

Well if PFW is reporting something you know exactly what that means..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes