PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It's now Eight weeks are they planning on Shutting him down or activating him?? Are we going to hear something on Malcolm Mitchell real soon? He was decent in the RZ last year and we are struggling there now. I know the concensus is leaning toward the Defense with possibilities of VValentine and and Shea McClellin. But can we waste a Talent like Mitchell if he's healthy knowing he fills a need?

Last edited:
It's now Eight weeks are they planning on Shutting him down or activating him?? The inquiry of Martavis Bryant by the Patriots speaks volumes. Are we going to hear something on Malcolm Mitchell real soon? He was decent in the RZ last year and we are struggling there now. I know the concensus is leaning toward the Defense with possibilities of VValentine and and Shea McClellin. But can we waste a Talent like Mitchell if he's healthy knowing he fills a need?

The inquiry was pre-draft.

:oops: Well Martavis was making some noise recently thanks.

Based on Reis's report a week or so ago it doesn't look good for MM playing this year. Who knows with Hogan's situation now if that could change things.

Reiss is not optimistic about seeing Mitchell this year. He was right about McClellin (who has started practicing) and if they bring Valentine (who, unlike Mitchell, has been in meetings) back next week, that would seal Mitchell's fate on season long IR because they can only return 2 players from IR. It looks like RZ help will have to come from elsewhere.

Patriots linebacker Shea McClellin is eligible to begin practicing this week after opening the year on injured reserve (presumably with a concussion). McClellin has been around the team, participating in meetings, and those close to him relay that he has been feeling much better. So he could be on the cusp of a return to the practice field. Meanwhile, my sense is that receiver Malcolm Mitchell, who was placed on IR on Sept. 7 (knee), is not close to being a consideration to begin practicing at this point, if at all this year. Finally, defensive tackle Vincent Valentine (knee), who went on IR on Sept. 22, has been participating in meetings and appears to still be a consideration to return at some point.
Cassius Marsh makes subtle statement with USA flag mouth guard

Reiss is not optimistic about seeing Mitchell this year. He was right about McClellin (who has started practicing) and if they bring Valentine (who, unlike Mitchell, has been in meetings) back next week, that would seal Mitchell's fate on season long IR because they can only return 2 players from IR. It looks like RZ help will have to come from elsewhere.

Cassius Marsh makes subtle statement with USA flag mouth guard

Mack: Reiss doesn't seem too sure there "IF" all three are good to go the Pats might have to change their original intentions.

Mack: Reiss doesn't seem too sure there "IF" all three are good to go the Pats might have to change their original intentions.
He has a reason for saying Mitchell is "not close to being a consideration." As I said, if Valentine practices next week we will know.

It's now Eight weeks are they planning on Shutting him down or activating him?? The inquiry of Martavis Bryant by the Patriots speaks volumes. Are we going to hear something on Malcolm Mitchell real soon? He was decent in the RZ last year and we are struggling there now. I know the concensus is leaning toward the Defense with possibilities of VValentine and and Shea McClellin. But can we waste a Talent like Mitchell if he's healthy knowing he fills a need?
The inquiry on martavis Bryant was before the draft not now.

And that's why I made that^ post but some people are kinda slow.
No, you said it speaks volumes in relation to Mitchell. It doesn’t.

No, you said it speaks volumes in relation to Mitchell. It doesn’t.

AJ and TeamFirst it was my mistakes because I thought it was recent...now let it go.

All of them are staying on i.r

We will get a guy off the practice squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill