PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important point that running is a far cry from being in football shape. Unfortunately we cannot tell if or when he would be ready to practice (nevermind play). But I would say that if healthy, he would bring tremendous value.

Exactly Hoogie have taken some wicked shots already so has DA both are never going to be really healthy going forward. So Mitchell at this point in time would be Great value for the Offense Brady knows him.

You are easily the worst person I have ever met in my life hands down

What am I missing here? Too many posters with Pat/Pats in their username for a person in a state with legal weed to keep it all straight.

But I mean, it seems like the usual "can't wait for the sky to fall" drivel, so what makes this poster stand out compared to some of the truly awful personalities on this board?

What am I missing here? Too many posters with Pat/Pats in their username for a person in a state with legal weed to keep it all straight.

But I mean, it seems like the usual "can't wait for the sky to fall" drivel, so what makes this poster stand out compared to some of the truly awful personalities on this board?
I think what separates him from the rest is its EVERY post. GDT, regular threads...every. single. one.

The amount of darkness, hopelessness and negativity is astounding. Just bad energy.

OK, great, Mitchell started "running" again...I bet Edelman is "running" by now

I REALLY hope Mitchell comes back because he is another LEGITIMATE third down target between the #s - something this team sorely needs...

GO PATS

????
Amendola, Gronkowksi and Cooks are all "LEGITIMATE third down target between numbers". IMHO, these are all better choices than an injured Mitchell, or even a healthy Mitchell for that matter.

Until now, we've only had FOUR legitimate third down targets between the numbers, including Hogan.

That guy from northwestern. Bring him back.

Austin Carr's stats bares a striking resemblance to Dwayne Allen's not what we're looking for.

Amendola, Gronkowksi and Cooks are all "LEGITIMATE third down target between numbers". IMHO, these are all better choices than an injured Mitchell, or even a healthy Mitchell for that matter.

Until now, we've only had FOUR legitimate third down targets between the numbers, including Hogan.
Pats are currently 3rd in the league at converting third down attempts, at somewhere around 46%. It’s also pretty much right where they were last year, too. Third downs aren’t an issue for this offense, as you’ve pointed out.

Now, if you want to talk about the their 26th ranked yards per play, awful red zone play, or 21.7 points per game struggles, that’s something altogether different. Those are the areas where they’re struggling, offensively.

Wow that's a bit extreme..

You'll have to excuse Bruins29. He's a bit of a bar room brawler. He hates when people post stupid ****.

It's now Eight weeks are they planning on Shutting him down or activating him?? Are we going to hear something on Malcolm Mitchell real soon? He was decent in the RZ last year and we are struggling there now. I know the concensus is leaning toward the Defense with possibilities of VValentine and and Shea McClellin. But can we waste a Talent like Mitchell if he's healthy knowing he fills a need?
He isn't healthy.

Some new information here:

This looks like progress for Mitchell, though we have no timetable. If he could be available this season, it would force BB to choose between Mitchell and Valentine as only one can return (in addition to McClellin). Will be interesting to see any new faces at practice.

If he just started running again, he's week and weeks away.

If he just started running again, he's week and weeks away.
Don’t they have a 3 week window to have him start practicing and then also activate him? In other words, they don’t have to make any type of decision for weeks and weeks, right?

I’ve been one who’s never really believed that he was going to return this year, but with VV still being a few weeks away from consideration + a banged up Hogan, it’s at least worth keeping an eye on.

He isn't healthy.

The fact that Blackson was just snagged off of the practice squad may point more towards a need for Valentine. Ultimately, without any injuries Valentine would be the obvious choice in my opinion, but a WR with comfort in the system likely trumps the need for another DT. I think it’s easier to bring in an outsider with a big body than it is to go out and find someone who can contribute anything as a WR.

Fingers crossed that Hogan and Amendola can get/stay healthy through Jan and hopefully Feb.

The fact that Blackson was just snagged off of the practice squad may point more towards a need for Valentine. Ultimately, without any injuries Valentine would be the obvious choice in my opinion, but a WR with comfort in the system likely trumps the need for another DT. I think it’s easier to bring in an outsider with a big body than it is to go out and find someone who can contribute anything as a WR.

Fingers crossed that Hogan and Amendola can get/stay healthy through Jan and hopefully Feb.

Exactly sup: that is why if there is a chance Malcolm Mitchell can play BB should really take his time on this. I like VV's upside but a DT is not going to turn this Defense around, it is what it is not very good against Teams with good Offenses. Raiders - Bills *twice* and Pittsburgh are going to really test this Defense.

Last edited:
Exactly sup: that is why if there is a chance Malcolm Mitchell can play BB should really take his time of this. I like VV's upside but a DT is not going to turn this Defense around, it is what it is not very good against Teams with good Offenses. Raiders - Bills *twice* and Pittsburgh are going to really test this Defense.

based on past history, I don't want to see Mitchell until he's for certain 100%.....anything less than that, and he's just going to get hurt again......I'd rather see them call up hollister and resort to more white and lewis out on the field together to offset for hogan's absence

Wrong. He hates when people question his heroes.
You are my hero. You are capable of spending so much time on a message board about a team you have never said one thing good about.

It must be so good to be you.

LOL

Pats are currently 3rd in the league at converting third down attempts, at somewhere around 46%. It’s also pretty much right where they were last year, too. Third downs aren’t an issue for this offense, as you’ve pointed out.

Now, if you want to talk about the their 26th ranked yards per play, awful red zone play, or 21.7 points per game struggles, that’s something altogether different. Those are the areas where they’re struggling, offensively.
That would be a short conversation since they are 4th in yards per play, not awful although pretty mediocre in the red zone, and average 27 ppg.

That would be a short conversation since they are 4th in yards per play, not awful although pretty mediocre in the red zone, and average 27 ppg.
41% and 21.7 ppg over the last four. The point is that the defense has carried them more than people realize over the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents