PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell waived

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell me again how good was that Chandler Jones trade............

That trade wasn't about picks and players and you know it. It was about cap space.

On that topic, please explain how they retain Chandler Jones for what AZ paid him AND sign/keep other key players.

How long until the Jets pick him up and thump their chests that they just got a huge steal?

Only 2 can but you do not need to designate them at the time they go on IR.
You remember last year there was uncertainty who would return as several players were practicing.
Shea McLellin got one of the slots and then there were indications he was concussed again. Then we were wondering who might get the other slot. There was not a specific player designated.

Its Dez time
Predicg a
That trade wasn't about picks and players and you know it. It was about cap space.

On that topic, please explain how they retain Chandler Jones for what AZ paid him AND sign/keep other key players.
Id rather have Jones than Hightower and Cannon.
Still love the Gilmore signing though.
My favorite patriots teams always had dominant secondarys

This is like finding yourself at a Denny's and feeling good because there are plenty of options to choose from.
So you are saying
Edelman
Hogan
Britt
Decker
Dorsett
Patterson
is a crap depth chart?

You remember last year there was uncertainty who would return as several players were practicing.
Shea McLellin got one of the slots and then there were indications he was concussed again. Then we were wondering who might get the other slot. There was not a specific player designated.
Correct. Once you designate them the spot is used. Unfortunately McClellin got reinjured right after.

So you are saying
Edelman
Hogan
Britt
Decker
Dorsett
Patterson
is a crap depth chart?

Beyond Edelman (out for first four games) and Hogan, there is not a single player who has proven he can play well in the Patriots offense, and their previous teams gladly moved on from them. And don't even try to bring up Dorsett; it's not that I'm writing him off, but even by the most optimistic standards, you can't say he proved much less year. My guess is that one of those players - Britt, Decker, Dorsett, or Patterson - will stick while the other three will prove to be losing scratch tickets. That's just looking at this objectively, that these are four low-risk players whose stocks have all hit career lows within the last year or two.

I'm sure this will go nowhere, as I remember typing the same crap over and over again during the 2013 season and predicting that Dobson, Thompkins, Collie, etc., were vastly overrated in the minds of Patriots fans and were just temporary band-aids to a position in bad need of a makeover.

Id rather have Jones than Hightower and Cannon.

I dont understand why this needs to be said so often.. you would get NE Jones and not Arizona Jones. He would not be worth the market level contract for the role he would have had here. For what he brings to the table he is a substantially better scheme fit over there.

So you are saying
Edelman
Hogan
Britt
Decker
Dorsett
Patterson
is a crap depth chart?

It ain't a good/proven one. That's for sure. One injury to the top two and that might be the worst WR corps Brady has ever played with (given what we know about players like Dorsett and Patterson right now).

Beyond Edelman (out for first four games) and Hogan, there is not a single player who has proven he can play well in the Patriots offense, and their previous teams gladly moved on from them. And don't even try to bring up Dorsett; it's not that I'm writing him off, but even by the most optimistic standards, you can't say he proved much less year. My guess is that one of those players - Britt, Decker, Dorsett, or Patterson - will stick while the other three will prove to be losing scratch tickets. That's just looking at this objectively, that these are four low-risk players whose stocks have all hit career lows within the last year or two.

Based on last years All22 I have more expectations for Dorsett than any WR not called Hogan or Edelman. Funny how perceptions differ.

Based on last years All22 I have more expectations for Dorsett than any WR not called Hogan or Edelman. Funny how perceptions differ.
The team will need it since Hogan and Gronk will routinely get doubled in the first four weeks of the season. One guy will probably still be dominant while the other one will likely get taken out of the game. There needs to be production coming out of the split end.

It ain't a good/proven one. That's for sure. One injury to the top two and that might be the worst WR corps Brady has ever played with (given what we know about players like Dorsett and Patterson right now).

Exactly Patterson have never been a proven Receiver anywhere and won't be one here. The Decker Signing is Huge if he picks up this Offense I can see him having a Big year. Hogan is good but he's going miss a few games because he will get banged from time to time. Dorsett until he proves other wise is still unknown and Kenny Britt needs to get on the Field.

Too bad. I think we all saw this coming though.

People who think the NFL should have an 18 game season need to remember how many of these stories there are. The guys who bodies do hold up barely do after all those games in a year. If you add 2 more it would just be too much.

I actually agree. If I had to bet, I think Dorsett is most likely of the group to emerge as a trusted, long-term option for Brady. I also think in most years, he’d be a bubble player to even make the roster.

this just in...Malcolm Mitchell has been waived

I am going to watch that Edelman Clone Riley McCarron very closely.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back