PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tried to trade him...

Well, Malcolm Mitchell now is officially added to the list of rookie Patriots receivers who showed a promising rookie season (leaving fans hopefully they'd be at least a productive starter by year 3) only to never live up to that potential....

Aaron Dobson
Chad Jackson
Bethel Johnson
Kenbrell Thompkins
etc

Too bad, at least he was productive in the Super Bowl. He at least has that going for him, being the first rookie receiver to catch a pass from Brady in the Super Bowl.

A real shame we will never forget what you did your Rookie year Malcolm.:) It's a shame our brass Suck at Drafting and Developing Young WR's.:rolleyes:

Not that you're completely wrong but this is a curious example to use in making this argument.

Injuries suck. :(

Best wishes to Mitchell going forward and his contributions are appreciated. He should never have to pay for his beer in this towne.

Sad, but you've got to have a resilient body in the NFL.

Injury prone and no trade value. Makes too much sense to not keep him. I wonder who we sign now?

In order to fill the JAG spot, I wonder who they will pick up.

Not surprising in the least. Like a few of us noted a few days back when reports came in about him having pain on the conditioning field.

Best case scenario for him would have been IR and another year of trying to pinpoint the source of his pain but I guess the projection of his knee issues didn't even warrant that.

And another reminder that reliability is more important than ability in most cases.

And waste another IR-Designation to return yeah right.:rolleyes:
There isn’t a designation to return any more. Any player who goes on IR after final cutdowns is eligible to return.

Just another sad reminder that the NFL really does mean “Not For Long”. At least he’ll always have a beautiful Super Bowl ring that he contributed big time to get.

There isn’t a designation to return any more. Any player who goes on IR after final cutdowns is eligible to return.

Interesting. I thought only 2 players could come back after serving 8 weeks on IR. Was that changed this year?

Interesting. I thought only 2 players could come back after serving 8 weeks on IR. Was that changed this year?
Only 2 can but you do not need to designate them at the time they go on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes