PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking Ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, you can wait

We're on to Miami

Seven Up:cool:

Oh God, I didn't realize it was in Miami next year.

If we go, the whole narrative will be based around how we never play well there. I won't be able to handle reading about that for two weeks.

The narrative that we stayed healthy is not entirely accurate (despite how many pundits have recited it). We lost Bentley, Wynn, and Matthews to injury, and Gordon to weed. Bentley and Gordon demonstrably were having significant impact, and it's likely the other two could have. Was it twenty-six different receivers that we signed at some point in the season?

Though I'm elated we won yesterday, think what that game would have looked like if Gordon had been on the field. There's a high, high probability we would have had our first blow-out SB win.

Yes, but all our important players were healthy. No team can be 100% injury free.

Oh God, I didn't realize it was in Miami next year.

If we go, the whole narrative will be based around how we never play well there. I won't be able to handle reading about that for two weeks.

Well, if we win in Miami next year during the regular season it will shut people up for a while

The Patriots' immediate future is much better than, say, the Rams. Rams bought Suh, Peters, Talib, Anderson, Fowler, etc. because their three key pieces, Donald, Goff, and Gurley, were all on rookies deals.

Money's about to flow big time.

Patriots have a young and really good core and corps, but not corpse. OL is rock-solid, even if Brown leaves. Secondary is super deep.

Their WR corps will almost certainly be stronger next year than it was this year. LB, too, with Van Noy holding it down, Roberts improving, HT and Bentley/Sam(?) back.

Only two things can stop them: injuries, as with every team, or contentment (don't see it).

This ain't over by a long shot.

Y'know, as much as I want to engage in this discussion (which I am) there is a part of me that wants to be giddy for a few more days.

DT - needs to bring back Shelton, Brown at reasonable $$ or sign FAs.
DE- FLOWERS $$$$$
LB- I think we are ok. I have high expectations for Bentley.
FS- Devin is owed $13m. Could get interesting. I think we need the heir-apparent
CB- Set
SS- Chung has one more good year left. Need an heir-apparent
QB- Yep. Draft someone
RB- Set
TE- Need to draft the heir-apparent
C- Set
G- Set
T- Brown could walk. Cannon could get cut. Have Wynn. Might need to sign/draft.
WR- YES. JE11 needs help. At least 2 good players here.

Y'know, as much as I want to engage in this discussion (which I am) there is a part of me that wants to be giddy for a few more days.

DT - needs to bring back Shelton, Brown at reasonable $$ or sign FAs.
DE- FLOWERS $$$$$
LB- I think we are ok. I have high expectations for Bentley.
FS- Devin is owed $13m. Could get interesting. I think we need the heir-apparent
CB- Set
SS- Chung has one more good year left. Need an heir-apparent
QB- Yep. Draft someone
RB- Set
TE- Need to draft the heir-apparent
C- Set
G- Set
T- Brown could walk. Cannon could get cut. Have Wynn. Might need to sign/draft.
WR- YES. JE11 needs help. At least 2 good players here.

DT - I agree. We need to re-sign or sign at least one vet AND draft a couple
LB - We'll likely add a LB in the draft
FS - McCourty is NOT owed $13M. That is his cap hit. His contract calls for $9.5M
CB - We are set if we tender Jones, and re-sign Jason McCourty.
SS - We need a young safety every year, so sure. BTW, we did bring in Obi Wann.
RB - I would re-sign Hill. One of the RB's will be hurt before the season starts.
OT - Cannon will NOT be cut. He is one of the best. In any case, we need to re-sign Brown
WR- We are likely to re-sign or add at least 4 WR's. We only have Edelman and Berrios.

You left out special teams where considerable resources will be spent. We need to re-sign Gostkowksi, Allen and McClellan.

With the exception of the question marks over Trent Brown and Flowers I feel pretty good moving forward. There are a number of still solid position groups (linebacker, OL Trent aside, RB, CB), we have 11 draft picks and Bentley, Wynn returning with Dawson, Hollister and Obi maybe becoming something. There’s plenty of upside there.

DT - I agree. We need to re-sign or sign at least one vet AND draft a couple
LB - We'll likely add a LB in the draft
FS - McCourty is NOT owed $13M. That is his cap hit. His contract calls for $9.5M
CB - We are set if we tender Jones, and re-sign Jason McCourty.
SS - We need a young safety every year, so sure. BTW, we did bring in Obi Wann.
RB - I would re-sign Hill. One of the RB's will be hurt before the season starts.
OT - Cannon will NOT be cut. He is one of the best. In any case, we need to re-sign Brown
WR- We are likely to re-sign or add at least 4 WR's. We only have Edelman and Berrios.

You left out special teams where considerable resources will be spent. We need to re-sign Gostkowksi, Allen and McClellan.
Yes on DMC. I think they want to lower the cap #

I'm ok with Hill

Cannon is questionable as a keeper. If they need money for Brown, Cannon might go.

Yes on STs

Yes on DMC. I think they want to lower the cap #

I'm ok with Hill

Cannon is questionable as a keeper. If they need money for Brown, Cannon might go.

Yes on STs

If the team wants to lower Dmc cap number, they should cut him or trade him after the season starts. He can earn his money somewhere else. This way that can use his money and that for his brother and sign defensive backs in free agency.

And yes, I think that this is a terrible idea.
====
Ditto for Cannon.

It's not just his miss last night. The second fg barely went through (I thought they should've went for it). He had a killer missed XP in Denver. He shanked an XP in SB 51 (Forcing the offense to go for two alot). Last year he missed a FG against Philly.

And chances are you won't find a better kicker than him so why downgrade ?

You have one of the best kickers of NFL history and people keep trying to find creative ways to even blame him for games that he clutched out. His second kick was as much "barely" a FG as Bradys pass to Gronk "barely" was completed.

I’m gonna be the first. I think the Pats should look at signing Suh this offseason to bolster the d line. All dependent on price of course. He BALLED this postseason.

I’m gonna be the first. I think the Pats should look at signing Suh this offseason to bolster the d line. All dependent on price of course. He BALLED this postseason.
I disagree. We don't have any studs on our DLine but the pressure we brought was CRAZY. That's of course thanks to our amazing secondary. My take is that we should be frugal on the DLine but go heavy in the secondary. Scheme matters a lot for pressure

What's can we expect the market for flowrs and brown to be?

Can we expect a Nate solder type deal and Olivia Vernon type contract?

Something silly?

And just curious is Detroit or Miami potential suitors?

What's can we expect the market for flowrs and brown to be?

Can we expect a Nate solder type deal and Olivia Vernon type contract?

Something silly?

And just curious is Detroit or Miami potential suitors?
Trey Flowers likely 14-15 mill a year. Trent Brown should be under 10 mill. Not a big fan of resigning him at that cost. Isaiah Wynn can step up. Otherwise, what's the point of having Wynn?

Trey Flowers likely 14-15 mill a year. Trent Brown should be under 10 mill. Not a big fan of resigning him at that cost. Isaiah Wynn can step up. Otherwise, what's the point of having Wynn?

Instance against the possibility that they couldn’t swing te trade for Brown perhaps? Or because he was the BPA when they drafted. Remember, there was a lot of talk that interior lineman Frank Ragnow was their target in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back