PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking Ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami will tank next year and somehow we will find a way to lose to them down there.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
I think we may acquire a number of young vets left out of numbers games in franchises in flux. New coaches bringing in new systems usually means some players get devalued through no fault of their own. We may see 3 or more of those "I'll trade you this young vet for trading back in the draft by a round" trades.

This approach didn't work out well in 2017, but who knows? That also brought us Van Noy.

Trey Flowers likely 14-15 mill a year. Trent Brown should be under 10 mill. Not a big fan of resigning him at that cost. Isaiah Wynn can step up. Otherwise, what's the point of having Wynn?
I'm fine with Flowers at $15 AAV and Brown at $10 AAV. The 2019 cap cost would likely be about $15M.

There is nothing wrong with having 6 starting quality offensive linemen. Surely, we have learned this by now. Players get injured. Even with 6 this year, Waddle still got lots of reps. Without Brown (with 5), Waddle would have started the season, and some scrub would have played the reps that Waddle did. I'm 100% fine with having 6 healthy linemen.

Trey Flowers likely 14-15 mill a year. Trent Brown should be under 10 mill. Not a big fan of resigning him at that cost. Isaiah Wynn can step up. Otherwise, what's the point of having Wynn?

Wynn is recovering from a torn Achilles. I don't think we can just assume he will be ready to become a starting LT next season. Might be a good idea to tag Brown for a year.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Miami will tank next year and somehow we will find a way to lose to them down there.
Whatever.

In 4/6 seasons where they lost down there they’ve gone on to win the SB. 2001, 2004, 2014, and 2018. The 2003 and 2016 seasons were the exceptions.

Wynn is recovering from a torn Achilles. I don't think we can just assume he will be ready to become a starting LT next season. Might be a good idea to tag Brown for a year.
I don’t think they can’t afford to pay Trent Brown franchise LT money. That wouldn’t be a good value move.

I don’t think they can’t afford to pay Trent Brown franchise LT money. That wouldn’t be a good value move.

It's like $14.8M. Pricey, but what's the alternative? An untested rookie LT? How much is a free agent LT gonna cost?

It's like $14.8M. Pricey, but what's the alternative? An untested rookie LT? How much is a free agent LT gonna cost?
The entire active OL roster including backups made 17.2 Million this year. They ain't giving Trent Brown that much.

It would be nice if they can strike a deal with him, but what if they can't? What's plan B?

It would be nice if they can strike a deal with him, but what if they can't? What's plan B?

That is my exact question as well. Critical role as you're protecting Brady's blind side.

Worst case scenario, we'd be trading for a vet LT.

Worst case scenario, Dante Scarnecchia would mold a LT out of a lump of clay and it'd make the Pro Bowl.

Oh God, I didn't realize it was in Miami next year.

If we go, the whole narrative will be based around how we never play well there. I won't be able to handle reading about that for two weeks.
We will not be playing the Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes