Not open for further replies.
FAs I'd like to see brought back:

Gostkowski
Patterson
Allen
Simon
Jones
Flowers
Hill (chance to compete for spot sort of deal)
Dorsett (unless there's an issue there that hasn't been made public)

The rest of the FA group are guys I'd either let walk or consider dependent upon other options (For example, I look at a McCourty return as dependent upon both the possibility of another CB being drafted high and the team's opinion of Dawson for 2019).

I agree. For me, I would add Brown and McCourty.

Did the Patriots offer Hogan a possible extension?? If they did and he turned it down I think they are counting their lucky stars. That said if true bad move by Hogs because he ain't fetching much in FA there are much better out there and in the Draft.

I agree. For me, I would add Brown and McCourty.

I've mentioned Brown as someone I'd want back unless he priced himself out of range (might have been in another thread), so thanks for pointing him out, as I should have put him on the list that way.

Oh my god I would loooove Manny Sanders on this team.

Gostkowski
Patterson
Allen
Simon
Jones
Flowers

The rest of the FA group are guys I'd either let walk or consider dependent upon other options (For example, I look at a McCourty return as dependent upon both the possibility of another CB being drafted high and the team's opinion of Dawson for 2019).

Gostkowski's performance in big games leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure I want him back.

To each his own. The Rams kicker kind of whiffed one too. Serious question? Who would you have replace him?

It's not just his miss last night. The second fg barely went through (I thought they should've went for it). He had a killer missed XP in Denver. He shanked an XP in SB 51 (Forcing the offense to go for two alot). Last year he missed a FG against Philly.

Did the Patriots offer Hogan a possible extension?? If they did and he turned it down I think they are counting their lucky stars. That said if true bad move by Hogs because he ain't fetching much in FA there are much better out there and in the Draft.
Earlier in the year, Hogan's agent was expecting loads of money to sign his client.
Hogan may want to play near home to be near his young twins.

I've mentioned Brown as someone I'd want back unless he priced himself out of range (might have been in another thread), so thanks for pointing him out, as I should have put him on the list that way.

We are in agreement.

With your list re-signed, free agency would need to be about finding DT's and WR's.

Earlier in the year, Hogan's agent was expecting loads of money to sign his client.

Hogan may want to play near home to be near his young twins.

Good luck to Hogan! I don't see anyone offering him "loads of money".

It's not just his miss last night. The second fg barely went through (I thought they should've went for it). He had a killer missed XP in Denver. He shanked an XP in SB 51 (Forcing the offense to go for two alot). Last year he missed a FG against Philly.

He certainly hasn’t been perfect, however, I ask again? Who are you replacing him with? Parkey? Gould?

He’s still one of the best kickers in the game, if not the best. He is just more under a microscope because he has kicked in so many more playoff games than anyone else.

Lots of good posts ITT, DT hasn’t been brought up a lot. Not the highest priority and we certainly played well in the post season, but I wouldn’t count on Shelton and Brown. Wise is still growing

Infuse via the draft for DT?

Lots of good posts ITT, DT hasn’t been brought up a lot. Not the highest priority and we certainly played well in the post season, but I wouldn’t count on Shelton and Brown. Wise is still growing

Infuse via the draft for DT?
I would note that both Brown and Shelton are free agents.

To each his own. The Rams kicker kind of whiffed one too. Serious question? Who would you have replace him?

No idea. He can't be as high payed as he is though. Missed XP in 2015 AFC Championship, missed XP in 2016 Superbowl, missed chip shot field goal in 2017 Superbowl. Missed field goal in 2018 Superbowl.

He's been exceptional in earlier playoff games and the regular season but since 2015 he's made the job harder.

The other thing is every other year seems to be an injury year where we lose 2 or 3 key guys (2013, 2015, 2017) and 2019 is coming up. We really DODGED a bullet this year by staying healthy. Just think if Michel was lost for the season after the Bears game...
The narrative that we stayed healthy is not entirely accurate (despite how many pundits have recited it). We lost Bentley, Wynn, and Matthews to injury, and Gordon to weed. Bentley and Gordon demonstrably were having significant impact, and it's likely the other two could have. Was it twenty-six different receivers that we signed at some point in the season?

Though I'm elated we won yesterday, think what that game would have looked like if Gordon had been on the field. There's a high, high probability we would have had our first blow-out SB win.

The narrative that we stayed healthy is not entirely accurate (despite how many pundits have recited it). We lost Bentley, Wynn, and Matthews to injury, and Gordon to weed. Bentley and Gordon demonstrably were having significant impact, and it's likely the other two could have. Was it twenty-six different receivers that we signed at some point in the season?

Though I'm elated we won yesterday, think what that game would have looked like if Gordon had been on the field. There's a high, high probability we would have had our first blow-out SB win.

Don't forget Hill

Not only 6 times Super Bowl Champions and they have 11 picks in the draft coming up. Im thinking BB will be doing some wheeling and dealing. How how great it is to be a PATS fan

Gostkowski
Patterson
Allen
Simon
Jones
Flowers

You forgot Brown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back